Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The MoP beta will stem further losses, followed by increases because, come on, even an expansion that promised only more poo collecting quests would cause an increase.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    "WOW is dying" posts are pretty pointless now that Blizzard has crushed all other MMOs to F2P statis.

---------- Post added 2012-08-02 at 10:37 AM ----------

tbh, i'd enjoy it more if WoW got crushed to F2P, coz... well you know, it would save me money

Oh boy, when MOP goes over 15 mil subs, you may have to avoid the Internet
    let me have some of what you're having please!
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    tbh, i'd enjoy it more if WoW got crushed to F2P, coz... well you know, it would save me money

let me have some of what you're having please!

While it wont happen.. i would shit my pants laughing if wow would get over 12 million subs again..
    Oh i would enjoy all the tears at massively.joystiq.com and here on the forums.

Anyways im also exicted to know what numbers we have now. Expecting a drop of 500k honestly but we will see.
    Last edited by schippie; 2012-08-02 at 06:11 PM.

Deleted
    So this is in 45 minutes? Thought there would be more discussion tbh!

I predict a 300k drop!

Yes it will definitely go up when Pandaclysm is out, but not to 15m lol

"WOW is dying" posts are pretty pointless now that Blizzard has crushed all other MMOs to F2P statis.
    Just as pointless as inaccurate statements about other MMO's.

Oh boy, when MOP goes over 15 mil subs, you may have to avoid the Internet
    So, we won't be avoiding the internet anytime soon.

I think MoP will definitely break WOLTK record of 12 million, blizz not going to make the same mistake in cata by making the game hard in the beginning, they going to make it fun, accessible to everyone and able to clear all the content without being good at the game. It will bring a lot of less skilled and people with less time back to the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyjoe View Post
    I think MoP will definitely break WOLTK record of 12 million, blizz not going to make the same mistake in cata by making the game hard in the beginning, they going to make it fun, accessible to everyone and able to clear all the content without being good at the game. It will bring a lot of less skilled and people with less time back to the game.
    I doubt it. I do see a stagnation. Probably not a decline, but I really doubt they'll exceed Wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with cata is that we experienced both sides of the game -- an ultra hardcore start and an overly casual end. However, even though the beginning was hardcore -- there was absolutely nothing to do. No rep to farm, no hidden secrets, just some long ass level grind and heroic farming. Hopefully they'll buff the game enough for it to be good, even though I'd rather have the game fall and people moving to GW2.

10 minutes until Q2

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cata was hard for maybe a couple months and then they made the game easier than wotlk yet Blizzard still seen major sub losses. Your logic is highly flawed and ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    The problem with cata is that we experienced both sides of the game -- an ultra hardcore start and an overly casual end. However, even though the beginning was hardcore -- there was absolutely nothing to do. No rep to farm, no hidden secrets, just some long ass level grind and heroic farming. Hopefully they'll buff the game enough for it to be good, even though I'd rather have the game fall and people moving to GW2.

10 minutes until Q2
    Also looking forwards to GW2 but wont drop wow for it. WoW will stay something i put over 600 days in by now. And because of that its part of MMO´s for me. What i do know is that i will buy gw2 not level 1 level and immediately go PVP :P literally the only reason i want to play GW2
    And maybe one day do a bit of leveling.. 1 or 2

Anyways way off topic, 5 or so minutes to go :3

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowset View Post
    I predict the Blizzard spokesperson will say "Wow is dead" and then commit hari-kari.
    hahahhahahahah holy shit epic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    So, we won't be avoiding the internet anytime soon.
    I'd just ignore his posts ^^

Going to predict a loss of 100k or so.

Numbers are out. Down 1.1 mill - 9.1 subscribers. 25% loss of subs during Cataclysm.

Considering the low intrest in MOP... maybe WOW will go F2P sooner than we think...

wow, That is a lot.......... for just 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymitylol View Post
    Cata was hard for maybe a couple months and then they made the game easier than wotlk yet Blizzard still seen major sub losses. Your logic is highly flawed and ignorant.
    Not really. ZA/ZG not only sucked but were also pretty challenging. As not "noob friendly" we'll say, as the 4.0 dungeons.

Anyways I can't wait for the massive amount of "OMG SUB LOSSES BEFORE AN EXPANSION" threads. Cause there's certainly no way they are stabilized or have gained any.

Quote Originally Posted by daltron View Post
    Looks like they lost 1.1 million subs

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...year-view.html
    well 8+ months of no new content isnt very fun :/

Quote Originally Posted by daltron View Post
    Looks like they lost 1.1 million subs

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...year-view.html
    Maybe i have to eat my words, burning crusade had 11 million subs and was still climbing a month before WOLTK

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/wo...1-million-mark

Deleted
    Minus 1100000. That's huge. I hope they start working on their next-gen mmo already.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadanon View Post
    Numbers are out. Down 1.1 mill - 9.1 subscribers. 25% loss of subs during Cataclysm.

Considering the low intrest in MOP... maybe WOW will go F2P sooner than we think...
    MoP looked better then cata halfway through beta, The interest will probably go up, But even if it drops at this rate, you look at a few years before #'s like star wars to actually go F2p