Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Should I bind my Troll Berserking to Ascendance or Healing Tide Totem?
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Should I bind my Troll Berserking to Ascendance or Healing Tide Totem?
    Bind it to Healing Tide for the extra ticks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hilandpitch14 View Post
    hey everyone,
    im looking for input on my Troll Shaman. im sitting at 533 Ilvl at the moment and i'm not able to do the expected HPS for SoO. i'm looking for any tips on rotations that i can get. i currently do the following: Water Shield and Earthliving weapon, keep Earth Shield on the tank at all times, keep both tanks hot'd with Riptide and try to keep a majority of the raid hot'd with Riptide as well, drop HST on CD, spot heal with HW/GHW, and use HR with it's worth it for AoE damage. i liked the Chain Heal tip, i'll be using that more. but i'm just looking for anything i'm missing. everything would be greatly appreciated. thanks

it wont let me post my armory due to i'm a new MMO-CHAMPION member. If you'd like to look up my toon. His name is Shhambulance on US-Bleeding Hollow. Thanks again for any help.
    If you have any logs, then the good people of this forum will be able to offer more help
    “I’m like King Midas in reverse. Everything I touch turns to shit.”

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavemoss View Post
    Bind it to Healing Tide for the extra ticks.

- - - Updated - - -

If you have any logs, then the good people of this forum will be able to offer more help
    Hey thanks for the response, my logs are right here under Shhambulance for all the fights except the Galakras ones due to my HPS just not being high enough and getting replaced. Appreciate the help.

worldoflogs.com/reports/vlvu1fveqematjmv/

Im not allowed to post links yet due to being a new member.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilandpitch14 View Post
    Hey thanks for the response, my logs are right here under Shhambulance for all the fights except the Galakras ones due to my HPS just not being high enough and getting replaced. Appreciate the help.

worldoflogs.com/reports/vlvu1fveqematjmv/

Im not allowed to post links yet due to being a new member.
    Firstly you need to gem for Intellect, use + 80 int + 160 spirit in your blue sockets, + 80 int + 160 crit in your yellow and/or red.
    What haste breakpoint are you aiming for the 3764 one? Do you have mana problems during the encounters? I wouldn't use glyph of riptide with only 10k spirit. For the moment I would unglyph it for the extra throughput. Get you Legendary meta gem ASAP and your cloak, they are massive boosts in performance.

Now to the logs:-
    Protectors - Your ES(earth shield) up time is very poor, you want to have that as near to 100% as possible. Use an addon if needed to help track it. You didn't use chain heal once....that is a massive loss in healing potential. You have the glyph of chaining get chain healing off the tank with ES and riptide on them or at least someone with riptide. Drop a healing rain on the tanks and melee then chain heal off your ranged. You didn't use Ascendance at all during the fight...You never used your Fire Elementals Empower during the fight. On this fight Healing Rain, HST and chain heal should be your top 3 healing spells.

Norushen:- Again your ES uptime was better, but still low. You did use Ascendance this time, but no Fire Elemental Empower. On this fight you want everyone to stack on you when they can as you will be plonking a healing rain on yourself. On this fight i'm in the last group to click on the orbs. Again on this fight, Healing Rain, HST and Chian heal should be your top 3 abilities.

Sha of Pride:- You didn't apply ES once?? You only used Ascendance once when you could of used it twice. Again this is another fight where you all stack on the resto shaman at the back of the boss. Again no empower from your Fire Elemental. You only use chain heal once?? On this fight Healing Rain, HST and Chian Heal should be your top 3 abilities.

So in summary, i'm not surprised they dropped you :s, but the future is bright if you take note of what i've mentioned and go away and practice more in LFR etc, You really need to remember to use CDs and Chain Heal. Good luck, have fun!
    “I’m like King Midas in reverse. Everything I touch turns to shit.”

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    alright. so i've redone my gems and reforging and i'm sitting on the 3764 breakpoint. i wasnt having much mana issues, as long as i pop my trinket on CD. thanks again for your response. Was alot of help!

Deleted
    Examples

If you have riptide on a target - chain heal heals that target and 3 others (in range) for example 50k.

If you have earth shield on a target and riptide and you chain heal this person, does the chain heal gain 20% for each person or will it heal the ES target for 60k and the others 50k?

thanks

This guide is very helpful thanks

My resto shaman is an alt of mine(I main a MW), but I do a decent amount of raiding on it. So i've somehow managed to get every single healing trinket in SoO(various ilvls) and I'm not quite sure what my standard two choices should be. I have 528 Amp trinket, 540 Nagrim's, and 553 Thok's and Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity.

Obviously Thok's is a no brainer on stacked fights, but do I pair the LFR Amp w/ it? Or the 553 Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity?

Spread fights do I run LFR Amp and Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity? or do I toss Flex Nazgrim's in there?

I heal 10s and have a 543(no cloak yet)ilvl. Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Torrid/simple

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Jayra; 2013-10-22 at 05:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heal 25mans and the cleave trinket is usually around 5% of my healing (most so far has been on Galakras - 8%), so I use it all the time. I have neither the sha trinket nor the multistrike one, so I have to use it along the samophlange. Seeing some results from 10man, I wouldn't bother with the cleave trinket unless it's really a stacked fight, like Galakras, Norushen or Thok. On your place, I'd probably choose the LFR Amp one because it's so strong and samophlange if you have problems with mana. If you don't, I'd go for the multistrike one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirean View Post
    I heal 25mans and the cleave trinket is usually around 5% of my healing (most so far has been on Galakras - 8%), so I use it all the time. I have neither the sha trinket nor the multistrike one, so I have to use it along the samophlange. Seeing some results from 10man, I wouldn't bother with the cleave trinket unless it's really a stacked fight, like Galakras, Norushen or Thok. On your place, I'd probably choose the LFR Amp one because it's so strong and samophlange if you have problems with mana. If you don't, I'd go for the multistrike one.
    Thanks for the reply!

Deleted
    hey everyone,
    Im now on 5 boss hc and i try to increase my HPS cuz after inviting a holy pala my guild master says i make to low compared to Him.
    I have with raid buffs haste 40,5%, crit 30% and mastery 60%(cuz of the iteams i cant reforge more ). I have 2 pice of T16 and Prismatic Prison of Pride, Thok's Acid-Grooved Tooth and legendery gem and beck.
    Why i wont to increase my hps is because pala boyfrend is a dudu healer and now they forcing me to go ele

Deleted
    I remember once someone posted a table with the required haste depending on your ms to reach the extra ticks from HST. I've been trying to find it but can't find it anywhere, if someone has it somewhere and doesn't mind sharing it i'd highly appreciate it

Deleted
    Glyph of Riptide... When are you guys using it? Compared to druids rejuv it ticks like 1/3 of the power? So weird that Riptide sucks so bad. Im asking this because im probably doing heroic thok soon on my alt shaman and i think its pretty good in that fight? Any other fights where you use it? I used it on HC Malkorok and Siege.

Yea and im only 547 ilvl with Legendaries at around 11,5k spirit which tends to last if were not having shits hitting the fan too much.

And any general tips, boss specific tips, greatly appreciated as im not 100% sure with shaman yet as its my alt.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by mmoc7f4ca4fed4; 2013-11-07 at 03:30 PM.

Deleted
    It is indeed a lot worse than rejuv, but on any spread fight it's an ok filler for the riptide, riptide, glyphed chain heal rotation. On thok it's good because you can't cast much else due to fight's mechanics. Personally, being in a 10 man guild, I use it on every fight since there isn't much stacking in SoO.

Deleted
    I'm using glyph of riptide at Spoils HC and Thok HC were it is ok.
    On other fights i'm not using that glyph.

10+ Year Old Account
    How can one evaluate resto shaman based on healing logs (cannot post logs)?
    If they have 553 ilvl; T16 2-set; T15 2-set; talents of - 2/2/1/2/1/2; chaining/riptide/grace glyphs; mastery: 64.36%; haste: 29.93%; crit: 14.18%; spirit: 14757

Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    Vixwin wrote something about this on Life in group 5 : http://lifeingroup5.com/?p=3508

Basically :
    - look at Earth Shield and Riptide uptime, both should be as near as possible to 100%
    - look at HST usage : a bit trickier as you would have to use log browser to know if it's really used on CD (and that Call of the Element was used often to reset the cd). But otherwise you can check it provides a lot of healing (with rushing Streams it can often be > 4 Millions and will often be top 3)
    For more advance checking I refer you to Vixsin post.

Something you need to know though, is that shaman's ability to heal a lot highly depends on the other healers performance. If the other healers are very good (and especially if they're shield users), shaman mastery don't kick in and as shamans heals can be bit slower (except HST) and they often get sniped.

Anyway, looking at your shaman stats it does seem a bit strange. The haste rating seems a bit off (but I'd need the actual rating to be sure). Here are the haste caps for resto shaman : http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=41. But the totems caps are a bit off and depends on your latency the moment you drop them, so these shouldn't be a goal per se.
    And his mastery seems a bit high. People needs to be lower than 40% health for mastery to become better than crit, in most cases this doesn't happens often. Generally our base mastery is enough (around 45-55% depending on how many is on our gear after reforging out of it).
    Also he should have Healing Stream Totem glyph for most fights (each time there is elemental damage going on). It has great synergy with Rushing Streams and T15 2-set.
    Riptide glyph is situational imo and should be switch depending on the spreading and movement required, just like Chaining. These shouldn't be used on fights were the raid is relatively stacked : Protectors, Norushen, Sha of Pride, Malakras...

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you Zahia. We have no absorb/shield healers, just druids/mw. Gonna browse his logs and try to figure out few things

Seeing a lot shamans with 100%+ mastery around 20000 rating, hows that working out for them?