Thread: The first steps

The first steps

This thread will be devoted to actions you found to be hand-freeing and are to be best executed early in the game, when it launches. Tips etc are welcome as well.
    I'll start with:

Pick up the gathering tools. (vendors after tutorial)
    Pick up the weapons you like from vendors in the main city.
    Last edited by Well; 2012-08-11 at 02:48 PM.

Deleted
    Just giving you a hand since you said you don't know it yet, gathering tools are in the merchants in the first area after the tutorial. There should be merchants there with stuff for you, if not there are merchants around the heart areas that do sell gathering tools.

Personally the first thing I like to do on a new toon is run around the map and explore all the waypoints i can get to. Not only does this award a fair amount of xp, but it makes future travel and respawning much faster and less frustrating

A point about gathering as well . .. you'll be getting lots of gems, so use those suckers! You'll be surprised at how much smoother soloing mobs is with your gear fully gemmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Valar morghulis

Weapons vendors are in all of the starter cities selling level 1 (as well as 5 or 10, don't remember), head to them to grab a weapon type you like. Nothing is more annoying than having a sword as a warrior until something new drops when it is your least favorite weapon.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Weapons vendors are in all of the starter cities selling level 1 (as well as 5 or 10, don't remember), head to them to grab a weapon type you like. Nothing is more annoying than having a sword as a warrior until something new drops when it is your least favorite weapon.
    See, I knew that, but I could never find the level 1 weapons. I always had to wait until level 5.

Once a DE ends, don't just up and run away. Hang around for a bit to see the next part of the event.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    See, I knew that, but I could never find the level 1 weapons. I always had to wait until level 5.

Once a DE ends, don't just up and run away. Hang around for a bit to see the next part of the event.
    Could have sworn the ones in town had level 1 weapons. Could be wrong, maybe I just didn't go there until level 5. /shrug

Hey ya'll, we have 2 active threads recently offering tips for players just starting off.

Please move discussion to either of the following:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post17910832
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ghlight=glytch

Thanks & smooches!
    --Fencers