Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Everything eventually gets hacked change what you need to change and move on. Welcome to the interwebz.

Good job for hackers who did that

The implications of this are huge.

Your blizzard account may be safe for now but this opens a huge potential security risk for certain people.

They obtained your email address and secret question answer. If you use the same email address and similar question/same answer on ANY other website, you're opening yourself up to be hacked.

Go change security questions+answers now on other websites.

5 freaking days before they notified their players that their accounts were compromised...pathetic and irresponsible

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post
    5 freaking days before they notified their players that their accounts were compromised...pathetic and irresponsible
    It took Cryptic more than a year to even realize they got hacked, and longer to notify their players. Welcome to the internet. Its all pathetic and irresponsible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post
    I hardly ever say this on a forum, let alone Real Life, but... geez take a chill pill. Five days is actually pretty dang good, especially compared to other significant security breaches with other companies in the past.

And of course they'd fix security first. Think about it: Would you announce to the world that you've got a hole in security that is still open? If you did, they may as well just say "Come on in, we want all the hackers in the world to basically rape us of our data."

Sounds stupid, doesn't it?
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Sills View Post
    Love the openness here. No sugar coating, no diverting the issue. Blizz is straight up with us about the issue and what we can do to protect ourselves. As a consumer, I really appreciate this. Authenticators ftw indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    This is how a company should handle with a hacking problem, be completely honest with their consumers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elynis View Post
    Thank you Blizz for being upfront and informative, most of us really do appreciate it
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Blizzard is a massive company, so things like this can happen. There's no point in whining about it. Every large company has problems like this once in a blue moon. But at least Blizzard is informing us asap and telling everyone exactly what to do and what they're going to be doing. That's always a good sign.
    An example of true Faith for all you infidels out there. Amen.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    LFR is not going away, if that's what you're asking for, it's actually useful for players that can't be part of a raiding guild (or don't want, for whatever reason) to experience the content.
    In other words, LFR is a feature that helps people who are incapable of or just don't want to do raiding to get in raids. What exactly those 2 types of players are going to do there together is beyond me.

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Important Security Update

Password Strength (site: xkcd.com)

There y'all go.
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

Love how alot of people choose to just line up reasons why there is nothing to fear.

Get that, we are talking about changing a damn password/e-mail address. If you don't think this worths the 5 minutes in a situation like this then bear the possible consequences as well.

Also think I just add this here too:
    People should get that "At this time, we’ve found no evidence" doesn't mean that no other information got hacked.
    (my experience shows that alot of people don't realize this)
    Last edited by Prode; 2012-08-10 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauber View Post
    An example of true Blizzdrone
    Fixed for you

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    I'm not worried. They're all too obvious and i'm completely oblivious to the existence of any of them in my mail as it is. I only scroll past them to mark them as read (as it can be done with a single key and as such i don't have to stop being lazy to mark them).
    I find it amazing that they force us to use a mail address as user name and then fail to encrypt it, quite annoying even as I use a game account only mail for an added layer of security and it's now been spam free for 4 years+.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good thing my Debit Card was stolen 2 days ago, and cancelled the following hour after so. ^-^ (Sour bout the stolen' card tho) Only thing I'm worried about is the address tied to the card, but ehhh.

Quote Originally Posted by manniefaces View Post
    Everything eventually gets hacked change what you need to change and move on. Welcome to the interwebz.
    lol

sorry gotta laugh, when this happened to Trion at the end of last year I read dozens of posts by people mocking them for being a crap company with bad security policies

happens to blizzard - "eventually everything gets hacked, welcome to the interwebz"

LOL jokes

Is this only happening in the US? I've changed my password just to be sure, but I'm EU

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandises View Post
    Not that authenticators would have helped... they're easy hackable aswell
    You know nothing of RSA key fobs.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Is this only happening in the US? I've changed my password just to be sure, but I'm EU
    For EU, all you really need to worry about is seeing a sudden uptick in phishing e-mails in your inbox. Still, changing your password was a good cautionary action.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    For EU, all you really need to worry about is seeing a sudden uptick in phishing e-mails in your inbox. Still, changing your password was a good cautionary action.
    Yeah, we may never know if the hackers reach the EU aswell. They could be hacking me while I'm asleep. Which will be now, good night everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    sorry gotta laugh, when this happened to Trion at the end of last year I read dozens of posts by people mocking them for being a crap company with bad security policies
    Truth to be said, Trion actually did something back then and even now, I guess, apart from just informing to prevent account hacking
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    LFR is not going away, if that's what you're asking for, it's actually useful for players that can't be part of a raiding guild (or don't want, for whatever reason) to experience the content.
    In other words, LFR is a feature that helps people who are incapable of or just don't want to do raiding to get in raids. What exactly those 2 types of players are going to do there together is beyond me.

Deleted
    Im srsly glad that my bank provide me with ecard instead of a physical card

10+ Year Old Account
    China Unaffected... can't imagine why...