Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Then make it like killing spree! Increase the damage and increase the cd so we use it every min or 2. And make it free just like killing spree is, it cost no energy nor combo points!

My biggest gripe with the current version of Windwalker

Then make it like killing spree! Increase the damage and increase the cd so we use it every min or 2. And make it free just like killing spree is, it cost no energy nor combo points!
    And ki on the target, not the monk!

I can give examples besides killing spree. For much of the game, peak warrior damage was gained from a cast-time slam being timed to hit just the very moment after an autoattack, because slam reset the swing timer, and resetting .05 seconds of swing is just fine, but time it wrong and you are losing damage. Sub rogues require being behind the target to run their rotation, as do assassination rogues during execute on live. Feral also requires this. Unholy has pet issues to concern itself with for peak performance, and will often want to leave a pet on a target or have it depart early to a new target to be optimum.

Many specs have limitations like this. Windwalker having one is fine- and I'd argue it's better for the game, and will allow stronger monks to outperform lesser ones.

For a class that is incredibly mobile, I find putting FoF into our rotation and on our tier gear is a cheap shot. It`s like, okay this class revolves around mobility, so let`s give them an ability that forces you to time it where the boss isn`t moving or you don`t have to move due to mechanics.

while I can see how it can be looked at as a spell to use at the best time, it doesn`t change the fact it just doesn`t work with how a WW monk plays at all and should just be cast like slam while moving.

I can give examples besides killing spree. For much of the game, peak warrior damage was gained from a cast-time slam being timed to hit just the very moment after an autoattack, because slam reset the swing timer, and resetting .05 seconds of swing is just fine, but time it wrong and you are losing damage. Sub rogues require being behind the target to run their rotation, as do assassination rogues during execute on live. Feral also requires this. Unholy has pet issues to concern itself with for peak performance, and will often want to leave a pet on a target or have it depart early to a new target to be optimum.

Many specs have limitations like this. Windwalker having one is fine- and I'd argue it's better for the game, and will allow stronger monks to outperform lesser ones.
    They took out cast time slam for those reasons and just because it makes no sense. Fundamentally, there's a bargain being made when you choose melee or ranged - do I want to have high mobility and low range or low mobility and higher range? Forcing melee to channel breaks this bargain.

I see what they are doing and it is true that every spec needs to have a challenge in their rotation, but FoF goes too far.

When you add in Black out kick average damage with Black out Kick's dot it is about 3-4k DPS higher than the DPS of FoF. If done correctly, you can sustain your energy as such that FoF is unnecessary. I will not be using FoF in PvE at this current time. Take a look at the newest simcraft's and look at FoF's DPS versus Black Out Kick.

When you add in Black out kick average damage with Black out Kick's dot it is about 3-4k DPS higher than the DPS of FoF. If done correctly, you can sustain your energy as such that FoF is unnecessary. I will not be using FoF in PvE at this current time. Take a look at the newest simcraft's and look at FoF's DPS versus Black Out Kick.
    Is it higher DPET? Or Damage per Chi spent?

Deleted
    Think about it as a pvp Spell. The Damage is less important than the stun although its mostly drd by default considering most monks use legsweep first

Think about it as a pvp Spell. The Damage is less important than the stun although its mostly drd by default considering most monks use legsweep first
    If its damage is high enough you'll be forced to try to use it in PVE anyways and that looks like the direction they're going.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sethg View Post
    If there's a choice between:
    1. using blackout kick then waiting 2 seconds for energy to generate
    or
    2. using FoF and when it finishes having enough energy to continue right away

i'd pick 2

As long as you're not capping out on energy, FoF will be worth using.

10+ Year Old Account
    To the people complaining:
    Have you even tried to use it in raids/dungeons? Since it got buffed there isn't ONE fight during the raid tests I haven't been able to use it on. All it takes is knowing when movement is going to happen in a fight, which is easy for any decent player.