Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Why Do Women Always Try To Hit On Me?

I'm in University momentarily, and near the University, there's a gym to which I go to work out occasionally. I'm a reticent, introverted, non-social type of guy and I'm not insecure about it. In fact, I'm perfectly happy as is since I have no trouble with having little to no social interaction in my life since it doesn't bug me. I'm not a jerk to anyone, especially my family, at all, but I just enjoy keeping to myself. Anyways, as I was leaving the gym today, and a girl from my class shows up and tells me that the bus is down today (bad weather in the area) and asked if she could grab a lift from me to her house. I, of course, responded yes.

On the way to her house, she began talking about something pertinent to the calculus class we're both in and asked me for my number. The next day, I got a few texts from her and decided to help her out with some calculus via the texts. 3 days later, she's sending me texts every 5-15 min and just chatting it up as though she's a friend of mine. To elaborate, these texts are often just "fun" to "flirtatious."

Essentially, I'm just really confused. Since when did being 100% business with people (although being helpful) turn into an opportunity to hit on them? Granted, she is attractive (athletic-nerdy type), I'm still not interested in a relationship, period. It seems kind of classless, and worse yet, I think if I tell her that I'm not looking for a relationship at all (I'm single atm), it'll make me look like a jerk.

advice?
    Last edited by UnionPrime; 2012-11-06 at 06:51 AM.

I advise you to dye your hair rainbow colors, shave your eyebrows, and get those giant underskin implants that change the outline of your forehead.

Then women wont hit on you as much. Also; full facial tattoos are awesome. I suggest modelling them after the Maori.

i didnt see anything to suggest she was hitting on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish girls would hit on me. Then again I was very quiet guy :-P Honestly I think you should look for a relationship but that's another thing. You can say no and not be a jerk. Just don't say "EWW NO" or something like that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Stop giving your number to people you don't want to talk to? Usually when you give your number to someone that kind of implies that you don't mind if they call/text you.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I advise you to dye your hair rainbow colors, shave your eyebrows, and get those giant underskin implants that change the outline of your forehead.

Then women wont hit on you as much. Also; full facial tattoos are awesome. I suggest modelling them after the Maori.
    get an icecream cone tattoo like gucci mane, thatll do it. google it if youve never seen it

Just tell her you're not interested in a relationship? Or say you've got a girlfriend back home if you can't say "no".

how about the truth? just tell her it wont make you look like a jerk

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    i didnt see anything to suggest she was hitting on you.
    That's because I didn't elaborate on the text messages in detail. They are numerous and they are certainly no longer about calculus.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe she just wants to be friends. I would just treat her like a friend kinda like she is one of the guys or something idk. I wouldn't be a jerk to her thou that doesn't seem like your personality that you described who knows make you a friend and be more sociable.

Could always pretend you have a girlfriend. Even though you'd be lying it'd be a white lie that would allow her not to get her hopes up and let her know "you're taken" while also giving yourself some room.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Just tell her you're not interested in a relationship? Or say you've got a girlfriend back home if you can't say "no".
    I am a bit more principled than that as I can not remember the last time I've told a lie. I don't like lying. I like living honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by UnionPrime View Post
    I am a bit more principled than that as I can not remember the last time I've told a lie. I don't like lying. I like living honestly.
    If you're so principled then you shouldn't have any problem telling her the truth of your lack of interest.

That's because I didn't elaborate on the text messages in detail. They are numerous and they are certainly no longer about calculus.
    ah i see. well in that case just ignore her imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then be honest and say no. We need more principled people like you. Nothing wrong with being friends with a girl.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    First post huh OP? ahaha ahhhhhhhhhh I must say this is highly entertaining but... honestly I'm going to ask to you despite I don't believe any of your story for obvious reasons.

Why would anyone think this is even remotely bad I mean really why In addition why would anyone need advise about this sort of thing? especially in this site haha It's not rocket science or any of that matter say you aren't interested why is that hard for some people?

So tell her you're not interested in her then. I really don't see how this is complicated at all.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post

Lol. Thanks for that great advice, yo, but I'm going to have to pass!

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 04:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    First post huh OP? ahaha ahhhhhhhhhh I must say this is highly entertaining but... honestly I'm going to ask to you despite I don't believe any of your story for obvious reasons.

Why would anyone think this is even remotely bad I mean really why In addition why would anyone need advise about this sort of thing? especially in this site haha It's not rocket science or any of that matter say you aren't interested why is that hard for some people?
    I usually don't post on these boards (MMO-C) as I find them redundant to the official WoW forums, but I find the off-topic interesting and unique (since it no longer exists in the official forum) and I decided to actually participate. I'm sorry you don't buy the story, but that's fine!

And here I was, impatiently awaiting a story about how some dude (who's not even really doing anything!) can't shake off gorgeous women that attack him (sexually, of course) on every corner; kinda like an Axe commercial.

A misleading title indeed.

Your massive bulge is obviously showing.