Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There was a quest in redridge that required me to get a necklace from the bottom of the lake. I had no idea I could press x to go underwater. I figured I was just too buoyant. I tried to buy mail armor from the vendor, but I couldn't equip it. I spent an hour jumping off the lakeshire bridge since that was the only way I could get under the surface of the water.

Deleted
    When I first saw the Deeprun Tram I saw the tram leave so I decided to try and walk it instead (bearing in mind I was level 12 and had no mounts). Yea, that took a while...

I also used to think Power word: Shield negated fall damage.

I also used to think players with skulls on their health bar were all bosses, and not players.

i did a lot of stupid stuff when i first started playing. i pretty much only truly played the game to both its and my full potential after my second year on it.

i put talent points only in the first three branches of the tree because i didn't see that i could scroll down.

i kept running into western plaguelands at lvl 8 or so because i was certain that i had a quest there, only to be killed by a skull spider as soon as i entered the zone.

i basically had no idea how to play a rogue. i didn't know combo points were being accumulated when i pressed my abilities, didn't know kick was an interrupt and didn't do damage, and i needed on the epic caster dagger that dropped from maraudon. granted, it was my first epic, so i couldn't resist being greedy and needing on something that appeared to be useful.

ugh, i look back at my history of playing and cringe at nearly everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    My friend gave me like 15g when I started, and I didn't know you could buy better arrows as you leveled up so I bought toooooooooooooons of the crappy level one arrows.

I put talents into all 3 trees until i found out you had to put them into one to progress down the tree. So many more things that i'm sure i'm not remembering right now.

Deleted
    At around level 18 I convinced a hunter to try to duo a dungeon of our level (Blackfathom Deeps), me being healer. Except I didn't even know or understand the instance was designed for 5m. We wiped, and wiped. We called it after 10 wipes or so.

My last noob move was killing Sha as level 85 mage, gemming the item with spirit gem, and then linking the item in trade and ask why I cannot equip the item.

Deleted
    back in vanilla i created many different characters, lvld them til 20 or 30, got eventually bored of them.. and deleted them. xD i dont know why i deleted them all. i had more than enough character space.

10+ Year Old Account
    wear int/ spirit gear on my warriors because it was part of a set i got from the ah which i spent all my money on >.<

Deleted
    All kinds of silly stuff. I specifically remember thinking white vendor blades were a legitimate upgrade. I went to Stormwind on my gnome rogue primarily to get the swords skill, then saved up all the copper I could find until I could afford a Cutlass. Later on I reverted back to daggers and felt like a powerhouse with double Kris, dealing half the health of mobs my level if I crit with Ambush. Heh.

I was still pretty bad until I got into raiding on my current main though, which I created sometime mid-3.0. That's when I began to learn the game proper. They laughed at me for getting red/yellow/blue gems in my polar gear for Sapphiron instead of sticking with one stat (e.g. Stamina). Before then, no one had ever told me you could put the wrong colored gems in other sockets. :c

15+ Year Old Account
    The first character i made i was still very new to wow-style controls and ended up adjusting the camera to a birds-eye view and had no idea how to change it back, so i ended up deleting the character and starting again.

I first started playing in CATA and needed on a staff because it seemed better than the staff I was using at the time.

I was rolling a warrior people. Dude called me out and said stack strength and stop being a noob.

10+ Year Old Account
    Started playing right before wotlk release.

At the time I had no experience with any mmo's at all what so ever. I played my druid, resto speced, using cat form with moonkin gear. Didn't even realise anything wrong until lvl 60. xD

No wonder why that took me over 4 months!

[Black Vantage][Mobo: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe][CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz]
    [GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW] [RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600mhz][SSD: OCZ Agility 120GB]
    [HDD: WD Caviar Green 1TB + 1TB Blue][Case: NZXT Switch 810][PSU: XFX Core Edition 750w][OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit]

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know you could repair your gear until level 20+. So I always threw my wands away once they were broken and only used them when really necessary, so they won't break too fast.
    Also I didn't know drinking restored mana, so I just sat down and waited when oom.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

10+ Year Old Account
    When I first started my priest, I saw other priests using Mind Flay and for the longest time I didn't
    realize it was a talent in the shadow tree. I was cursing how I'm sure I've seen priests lower leveled
    than me use it.

Similar situation came with my warrior later, when I realized at like lvl 30 that there are different stances
    like defensive stance.

Oh boy...

Deleted
    Stabbed skeletons to death because "why would I ever spend mana on shadowbolt when this knife does the job".

It was a mentality I maintained for a lot of classic, I think the only "food" I ate was the corpses of my enemies with cannibalise, because "why would I ever want to spend mana when I can send my VW on it and then wand it to death?"

I spent hours grinding crocolisks in the aptly named "Swamp of Sorrow" at lvl 39 because I was close to getting my mount and I'd ran out of quests in the area, I figured it would be a quick job - I was so close. Think I finally finished killing enough of them at 4am after a good 4-5 hours of going at them. I had zero regrets.

My earliest thoughts about WoW (started in vanilla) was when my friend and I (Mage and Warrior) went on a group to Gnomeregan. Basically, we had no clue about what the fuck to do in this game, and the term "dungeon" or "instance" was pretty new to us. So, when we entered the place, we were confused as hell.

A priest who pretty much lead the group told me to be a tank, and I was like "Okay, sure". I asked my friend what a tank is, and he had no clue, so I just figured out I'm supposed to go first. Things were going pretty smoothly until we met the trash to the last boss. Then it started to become a wipeparty.

And the priest got enrage. First he started shouting at me for not using a shield, tho I didn't really see a problem. We killed a sub-boss before the entrance to Gnomeregan (remember him?), he dropped a white shield, let's keep going. The only 1 handed weapon I've had was an Arclight Spanner, and I didn't really feel awkward about using it. The priest told me it's my job to take damage, not do damage, so white weapon will do. Meanwhile, my friend was talking to me how mad was he getting at the priest. See, the guy was shouting at him (as loud as you can through /w) as well - you see, my pal was annihilating robots with Arcane magic, and it's another term of not doing shit. Back then they were immune or something. He felt humiliated when the priest told him to just spam Frostbolts, he loved Arcane Missles.

It was the best instance run I've ever had. So much fun, so much stuff going wrong, you know. And I received a pretty nice weapon from the last boss as well, I remember how happy I was because of it. Later I shared with my mage pal that I could kill a mob 2 levels higher then me with this axe, and he was impressed.

I miss those times. Times of being an idiot in new enviroment. Now I measure every attack with global cooldowns, create macros, care about every stat point. Back then I didn't know that a blue item is in fact superior to a green one.

I was 14 or something. I bought Combatant Claymore for like 10 gold or something on my hunter in vanilla because it was rare quality, not caring that it had no agility. I then proceeded to get it enchanted for + wep dmg spending a few more gold. The enchanter was a guildy who probably knew it was bad, but charged me and enchanted it anyway. That bitch.

It should also be noted that there are plenty of players in the game now who are exactly like we were. Perspective.

I started back in Vanilla(but after TBC came out, didn't buy it until WAY later) I didn't tame a hunter pet until lvl 17 or 18, nor did I figured out how to use the hotkey attacks until like.... lvl 25. You can imagine how many times i died from only using auto attack shoot and auto attack melee..... Also fondly remember running into Felwood from Ashenvale (oh the stupid noobish things I did in Darkshore and Ashenvale) and getting my face eaten by fel infected wolves. I spent WAY to much time in Darkshore and Ashenvale. I miss Auberdine... XD

Quote Originally Posted by Hoticehunter View Post
    I rolled a Night Elf Hunter.
    /shudder
    me too

It was 2005 spring.

I got lost on several occasions when I was dead in Teldrassil or when I was doing deadmines in Westfall.

I did not how to chat with people, and I couldn't ask other players since I couldn't lol. Ended up googling.

I vendored lot of useful mats at early levels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    [...]

I vendored lot of useful mats at early levels.
    I kept vendoring all that cloth dropping until max level and then some. When I realized what they were worth my mouth fell open. Also did same with armor until I found out what enchanting was meant for.