Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Right when I started, I found the ocean, and for some god-damn reason I decided to swim around each continent. Good God, never again...

To this day, I still am constantly checking around me for sharks whenever I'm in the water. Those elites...
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Back in TBC when I played my hunter, i didn't have much understanding for dps rotation for hunters. In 5 man my damage was very crappy, I got called out by a tank at some point, he asked me if I was using my Steady Shot? I said no cause in order to get the 175 bonus damage the target had to be dazed, and I couldn't daze bosses.... He just /sigh'ed at me =P

10+ Year Old Account
    My first toon ever:

I leveled a warrior to 60 without having any knowledge of class quests, and when I went to train and saw that some abilities required Berserker Stance, I had no clue what that was and why I didn't have it. I didn't do the quest that rewarded you with the whirlwind axe or anything. I was total nub.

Deleted
    Leveling beyond lvl5 with first few characters seemed to be impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how aut attack works in warcraft, can't kill level 1-2 mobs in mulgore (played gothic before, where you attack by pressing button)

Deleted
    i chain died to the same pack of murlocs in Elwynn forest

Deleted
    My first char above level 10 was a warrior.

I got him to level 32, I was so proud, I even spent so many hours getting the warrior quest weapon that's made for level 40 but was possible to pick up in level 30 with help from the first level 60 i ever met. My warrior was the highest level of all of my friends, and then this dude who's 12 years old (i was 10 at the time) tells me that the reason my computer is always lagging in wow is because I have a warrior. Warriors make your computer lag he told me, and he watched me delete the character.

Not exactly a funny thing to me, if i knew who it was i'd go hit him in the face for being a jerk to a little innocent winner kid

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 08:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    I melee'd as a hunter and thought the more armor the better so gray items often replaced greens. I did some other very very retarded things but I'd rather not talk about those.
    please?

10+ Year Old Account
    i started in tbc. i first was from 1-60 a arms warrior that did dual wielding XD and after that i did the first season as a dual wielding protection warrior XD hahaha i never forgot that stuff

No Tusk Club.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Olianda View Post
    Right when I started, I found the ocean, and for some god-damn reason I decided to swim around each continent. Good God, never again...

To this day, I still am constantly checking around me for sharks whenever I'm in the water. Those elites...
    Haha, this reminds me of druid quest line to get aquatic form.

Deleted
    Before I started playing properly, I was on my Uncle's computer. I must have been about 9, and I was just flying around what I presume was Northrend, when I suddenly dismounted, and landed where I couldn't get my corpse. I saw that it was a 25% or so durability reduction, and I freaked out, thinking I had ruined the character forever.

Deleted
    First raid I was a noob

Was nax
    heigan the unclean I think it was
    people saying it was the dance boss so I was like mm I know what to do
    when we started the fight I did /dance
    we wiped.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I first started playing, around the time after the AQ patch had launched, I didn't use the world map so I didn't know where I was supposed to go and kept wandering out of the starting zone and getting killed by spiders. I tried to back peddle and kill them using the only ability I knew how to use which was throw weapon.

I then rolled a warrior but geared him with leather, spirit and intellect. Never got past level 19 on that guy.

I also use to pronounce (and spell) Aggro as 'Arggo'.

i never got auto attack either. first toon i rolled was a lock and i lvled till 15 in tirisfall glades spamming shadowbolt.. never trying to use the curses either. when i finally got the voidwalker description i read that it only lasts 10 seconds so i thought.. what a terrible waste of a spell.. never summoned it. still didnt know that it lasted forever really(or till it died) was still noob till around 70 when i didnt know my rotation but recently learned this drain life spell. was spamming it on mobs cause i felt like helping the healers out instead of spamming shadowbolt and curses (like i was spose to). eventually i got to 80 and became much better.

next story: went to try an old bc raid cause i was 80 and figured i could own everything cause im pro on my lock so i set the difficulty to 10man and tried Tempest keep. didnt realize i had set it to 25man and wondered why the mobs had 660,000 hp each. or so.

haha theres more nubby things that i did. first time i entered EOTS and grabbed the flag i didnt know where to drop it for a capture.

I used to type lengthy comments and jokes I thought of as hilarious (that was 8 years ago, OK?) and entertained the whole zone while questing. Or so I thought. I didn't really get the difference between general and /say channels back then ...

I used daggers as a combat rogue until lv52 or something. A friend revealed to me that I could learn to use swords. SWORDS! I was in awe for days. Not because Sinister Strike did more damage or anything, but because it looked sooo cool.

I used to give people complete bullshit directions (druid animal form quests etc.), usually resulting in them jumping off cliffs, drowning somewhere in the ocean and similar stuff. I emulated the typical Orc speak you see in the chat as an Alliance player - the whole rok'nag ragesh kek kind of thing - and told people how I found a secret tome that enabled me to understand and communicate with Horde factions. Also another great opportunity to direct people to bogus locations and keep them occupied for countless hours.

I also spammed trade channel with bullshit like "selling mounts & making soulbound items unbound, /w me with offer". A lot of people didn't know shit about the game back in 2005 so you could play pranks like that.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    I leveled a warrior as prot.
    In vanilla
    Mostly solo
    While sinking obscene amounts of money into blacksmithing.
    I did the same thing in BC. Everyone in my guild thought I was insane. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in Vanilla I use to sell my armor I was wearing while I was leveling up just to buy random stuff out of the AH...
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthawk45 View Post
    First raid I was a noob

Was nax
    heigan the unclean I think it was
    people saying it was the dance boss so I was like mm I know what to do
    when we started the fight I did /dance
    we wiped.
    Hahaha, epic. As long as it wasn't an undying run.

Deleted
    Oh my god, i just remembered something after reading 7 pages of this.

Back on my first character, i was in deadmines with 3 buddies and a healer we found in westfall. This is the first time we were actually in a group and able to find people, so when loot dropped we really didn't know wtf was going on, we were all 9-10 years old and clueless, and i remember how proud i was when i called the dudes home phones (no cells at that age) to tell tham that "the dice makes you get the item!! the coins is if you maybe want it, and you can click the cross if you dont want it!"

after excessive testing of a whole 2 runs of deadmines...

Secondly, after i learned than the dice gave me the items, i obviously always clicked it. When people said "NINJA!!" i would turn around and look for a ninja dude assaulting us...

I thought gems HAD to match the color of the socket or it wouldn't work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    next story: went to try an old bc raid cause i was 80 and figured i could own everything cause im pro on my lock so i set the difficulty to 10man and tried Tempest keep. didnt realize i had set it to 25man and wondered why the mobs had 660,000 hp each. or so.

haha theres more nubby things that i did. first time i entered EOTS and grabbed the flag i didnt know where to drop it for a capture.
    You really missed something mate, there was no "setting to 10 man" in tbc/vanilla, including tempest keep. TK was a 25 man raid, just like bt / hyjal / ssc. the 10 mans were karazhan and zul aman