Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uggz View Post
    Oh definitely, don't get me wrong, I love Iniesta, I think Xavi and he are two f the best midfielders ever and are both pivotal to Barça and Spain's success. Though in my honest opinion Messi is the best player I have ever seen, though as I'm not old enough to have seen Maradona / Pèlè play I can't say whether he is the greatest ever, though if he carries on at this rate I believe he will be the greatest ever. His touch is incredible, fantastic finisher, extremely fast, great balance, can take free kicks, penalties and his passing and vision are both extraordinary.
    Personally Ronaldinho was better but then again I just prefer him cause damn, he was soo good :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

Zidane dammit! The man had everything, and even in his old age was carrying his country vs the likes of Brazil. I think that game vs Brazil in the 2006 WC was possibly the best performance by any footballer ever.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Zidane dammit! The man had everything, and even in his old age was carrying his country vs the likes of Brazil. I think that game vs Brazil in the 2006 WC was possibly the best performance by any footballer ever.
    True. Zidane was amazing aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    The best ever imo
    Ain't no chuch when you're living in the wild

10+ Year Old Account
    To me it was Ronaldinho. There is playing football, and then there is Ronaldinho playing football. As much as i enjoyed watching Zidane, Henry, Messi, Ronaldo and players of that sort play, i just can't compare them to Ronaldinho.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

give me Paul Gascoigne at his imperious best over Ronaldinho & Zidane! Mind you one of the few occasions I've sat in fear was watching Rangers v AC Milan must have been about 4-5 years ago, I was sitting just to the right hand side of the post, AC Milan had a free kick - nothing to worry you there you say, yeah, when you're 3ft to the right of the post & the guys standing over the free kick are David Beckham & Ronaldinho you kinda have to be a little worried, they're either gonna score or you're in danger of having to stop a ball smacking you in the face!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a point in Beckham's career where you just knew each one was going in. You had more chance of stopping a penalty.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    There was a point in Beckham's career where you just knew each one was going in. You had more chance of stopping a penalty.
    Yeah that point was about 5 years long, fortunately afforementioned match was after that period but it's still not a good place to look up and see arguably two of the better set piece experts over a free kick 25 yards out.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    Yeah that point was about 5 years long, fortunately afforementioned match was after that period but it's still not a good place to look up and see arguably two of the better set piece experts over a free kick 25 yards out.
    Oh even now you're still anxious. But there was one point in time goalkeepers just stood there like "Well, no point in trying."

10+ Year Old Account
    God damn it, how good is this guy! Is there a way to tweet AW to sell the stadium for Falcao?
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    He might be various names I won't repeat here most of the time, but this is pretty humble and honest stuff from Cashley https://twitter.com/TheRealAC3/statu...57692647735297

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kinda impressed by spurs but I also hope their form doesn't improve!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    I'm kinda impressed by spurs but I also hope their form doesn't improve!
    This next 1 hour and 10 minutes is very crucial to their season. If they land Moutinho and have their third striker they'll be in as good a position as ever to hit the top 4, even the top 3.

AVB needs to show he has the potential to be a top manager in the EPL, first thing he needs is a set of balls, the second thing he needs is a sense of how to address his players without inadvertently pissing them off.

Deleted
    What happens when Chelsea don't get the luck they had against Napoli, Barcelona and even Bayern in the Champions League? they get hammered 4-1 by At Madrid.

They played that bad last year and some how scraped through every round it's about time their luck ran out they could have easily conceded 4 goals in all those games i mentioned.
    Last edited by mmoceeceb76e25; 2012-09-01 at 07:02 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    What happens when Chelsea don't get the luck they had against Napoli, Barcelona and even Bayern in the Champions League? they get hammered 4-1 by At Madrid.

They played that bad last year and some how scraped through every round it's about time their luck ran out they could have easily conceded 4 goals in all those games i mentioned.
    Yeah, found it kinda funny the Europa League champions completely hammered the "European Champions". It was obvious back then, and it is obvious now, Chelsea got very lucky to win the Champions League, and really didn't deserve it frankly. Chelsea have had a moderately good start to the PL, just wondering if its going to stay like that or if its just temporary.

I still wonder if Hazard only chose Chelsea because they are the European Champions, as that is what he posted on his twitter during the moments before his Chelsea signing was confirmed, "I'm joining the European Champions" (or something of the sorts). If it's the case, I'd love to see them fail miserably this year so his silly choice smacks him one in the face.

I also get the feeling the last seasons, the most La Liga teams are a level higher than the most Premier League teams. I mean Bilbao completely dominated United in the Europa League last season. And now Atletico Madrid hammering Chelsea.

edit: West Ham 2-0 Fulham so far... damn they're looking good.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-09-01 at 12:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A nice list of the footballs hardest players http://www.ave-it.net/footballs_hard_men.htm.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    It's kinda sad to see Berbatov wearing a Fulham shirt. Not that Fulham is a bad club, just kinda used to him wearing a United shirt ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    He's definitely not match fit, they've thrown him on for the sake of trying to rescue something from this game.

Which was most certainly dominated by a brilliant first performance from Andy Carroll. West Ham will do well with him up front if he keeps giving defenders that kind of hassle.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    He's definitely not match fit, they've thrown him on for the sake of trying to rescue something from this game.

Which was most certainly dominated by a brilliant first performance from Andy Carroll. West Ham will do well with him up front if he keeps giving defenders that kind of hassle.
    Agreed, impressive performance by West Ham, wonder if they can keep it up.

Now West Bromich Albion - Everton, interested to see how Everton play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everton should take this one, think the real challenge today is for Spurs to pick themselves up and kick on their season from here.

---------- Post added 2012-09-01 at 03:02 PM ----------

Games kick off.

20 seconds later we get a goal. Ok granted it's York vs Oxford but that's a heck of a start.