10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I think Holt has another year or two on his contract, and he'll retire when it is up.
    There oddly seems to be little interest in holt, proved himself this year but very little speculation which is odd for a British player.
    what would he cost, I could see a team like Newcastle going for him or a team with ambitions of a top 8 finish, so not sure if he'd leave for that.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-05-30 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    There oddly seems to be little interest in holt, proved himself this year but very little speculation which is odd for a British player.
    what would he cost, I could see a team like Newcastle going for him or a team with ambitions of a top 8 finish, so not sure if he'd leave for that.
    West Ham offered something like 8 million for him this time last year, when his contract was almost up.

15+ Year Old Account
    On paper Belgium have a pretty decent team, I mean Kompany, Fellaini, Hazard, Dembele, Benteke, Lukaku, De Bruyne, Courtois, just to name a few... the problem is they often don't play well together, for whatever reason. They seem to be doing alright the past years though now, I'd be very disappointed if they didn't qualify for WC2014. I'll be over the moon if they even just get there, from then on wards any further brilliance, say getting through the group stages, would just be an added bonus for me.

Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    On paper Belgium have a pretty decent team, I mean Kompany, Fellaini, Hazard, Dembele, Benteke, Lukaku, De Bruyne, Courtois, just to name a few... the problem is they often don't play well together, for whatever reason. They seem to be doing alright the past years though now, I'd be very disappointed if they didn't qualify for WC2014. I'll be over the moon if they even just get there, from then on wards any further brilliance, say getting through the group stages, would just be an added bonus for me.
    Same with England really. Our players really aren't that bad, it's just that they never play together so they aren't a TEAM, they are just a group of players.

Deleted
    This is what happened to England's Golden Generation.

Gerrard, Scholes, Lampard, Beckham, Rooney, Owen, Terry, Cole, Rio. All great players. Played shit in tournaments. Although Euro 2004 was quite good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I see England have the same problem. What I don't get is, how France, for example, performed so well back in the 2000ish period (i think) when they in theory should have had the same problem.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22720957

Monaco might be in a spot of trouble with Ligue 1 as their players do not pay tax in France. As in, they might not be allowed to play in the league.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I see England have the same problem. What I don't get is, how France, for example, performed so well back in the 2000ish period (i think) when they in theory should have had the same problem.
    France is a different beast tbh they got so much more talent and experience, they are just a bigger and better country when it comes to football, their latest world cup kinda highlighted some problems I guess
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/941682_10150416208439953_291208274_n.jpg
    Nice looking kit, but for someone not following Real Madrid much, what are the differences to the 2012/2013 kit? (other than the goalkeeper kit, wasn't that orange/yellow?)

10+ Year Old Account
    It was blue, had BWIN as sponsor, different lettering (can't see it on the pic though) and had almost invisible white stripes going from top to bottom. Next season it has those same stripes but they go around the shirt. GK kit was black and orange.
    Ohio State Buckeye

15+ Year Old Account
    It was blue, had BWIN as sponsor, different lettering (can't see it on the pic though) and had almost invisible white stripes going from top to bottom. Next season it has those same stripes but they go around the shirt. GK kit was black and orange.
    wait wasn't the home kit white? like this one? or is this not the home kit? *checks image* i think i've misunderstood you somewhere.

edit: another team with 'Fly Emirates' as their sponsor :P
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2013-05-31 at 01:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    RM kits being a white is a given. In our 111 year history we've only played without a white kit once. Last season's kit had blue stripes instead of orange. I should have been clearer.
    It seems very unlikely that Ancelotti will join Real with Leonardo being suspended for 9 months, as Leonardo was intended to replace Ancelotti. It really does look like Jupp Heynckes will join Real Madrid on a 2 year contract.
    Ohio State Buckeye

10+ Year Old Account
    So Suarez has had a couple of stories pop up on the Beeb website now, first saying it'd be hard to turn down Real Madrid, and now him saying a change of scenery would be a good idea.

Please tell me Madrid aren't seriously considering buying him, the uproar of the thumb in the eye Mourinho is nothing compared to what Suarez can do.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perez wants Cavani, everyone knows it. We are a class club, no need for players like Suarez.

He's a great player though.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Perez wants Cavani, everyone knows it. We are a class club, no need for players like Suarez.

He's a great player though.
    Suarez is ok so long as all he is doing is shooting goals. But when he goes and fouls somebody it is so often a red-card offence that I'd consider him a liability. You don't want to get to a semi-final or a final to have him sent off before full-time and have to play extra time and penalties without your top goal-scorer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too high risk then. Strikers shouldn't be getting red cards anyway. After the recent years a player like Suarez is the last thing we need.
    Ohio State Buckeye

I mean, the dude has been given over 20 match bans in only a few years. Ain't nobody got time for that!

C'mon, just get Suarez a muzzle like Hannibal Lecter and he'll be good to go, can't take a bite out of anyone nor can he racially abuse anyone, unless he learns sign language first....
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.insidefutbol.com/2013/05/...enefits/87632/
    Perez having a dig at fergie, or just highlighting that for european success longevity isnt necessarily the answer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Perez should stay out of footballing matters and keep himself busy with finances.
    Ohio State Buckeye