Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fishface View Post
    Or you could, you know, keep it up. Maintaining a phsyique isn't as difficult as building one.
    As a former fat kid, I will agree with this 100%.

Deleted
    I weigh 80kg and yes, I can easily bench 80kg.

Yes. I weigh 170 and can bench 245.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Do you even lift?
    Yes. As I said in a post earlier I just returned after a five year break but I did competitve lifting when I wasnt playing football and running track when I was younger.

Benchpress is the worse measure of overall strength. Sure it's impressive if you can bench a huge amount, but it's far more impressive if you're squatting or deadlifting a large amount of weight as it shows overall body strength.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds about right to me. Unless you're naturally built, most people who don't weight train are pretty weak.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Im talking after the age of 35, with that much weight your going to have to be injury free in order to maintain these levels. Sore wrist or shoulder and your not working out with that much weight for a few months and we know what happens then.

People just need to realize muscle turns to fat, very few people are doing 300lb sets when they are 45.
    It is absolutly immpossible for muscle to turn into fat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Im talking after the age of 35, with that much weight your going to have to be injury free in order to maintain these levels. Sore wrist or shoulder and your not working out with that much weight for a few months and we know what happens then.

People just need to realize muscle turns to fat, very few people are doing 300lb sets when they are 45.
    My pops could bench press over 300 when he was in his 50s and he didn't get yoked until he was in his 30s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope but I've downed guys 2x bigger then me!!!

Deleted
    No. Not sure why you wanna know that of random people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Nope but I've downed guys 2x bigger then me!!!
    Sounds dirty to me

Deleted
    I can bench press the double of my weight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thelordymir View Post
    Benchpress is the worse measure of overall strength. Sure it's impressive if you can bench a huge amount, but it's far more impressive if you're squatting or deadlifting a large amount of weight as it shows overall body strength.
    Everyone I know who works out ALOT and most if not all Men's Health magazines out there would disagree with you. Benchpressing requires all your upper buddy muscles and your core working together to do it right and being able to put on more weight on the bench. Saying it's one of the "worst" measures of strength is completely absurd and ignorant, along with deadlifts and squats... Bench pressing is also one of the so called "Core workouts".

Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    Everyone I know who works out ALOT and most if not all Men's Health magazines out there would disagree with you. Benchpressing requires all your upper buddy muscles and your core working together to do it right and being able to put on more weight on the bench. Saying it's one of the "worst" measures of strength is completely absurd and ignorant, along with deadlifts and squats... Bench pressing is also one of the so called "Core workouts".
    I agree thats why every lifting competion I was ever in featured bench squat and either deadlift or clean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I don't understand the question, but I'll answer what I think you're asking.

Doing vertical push-ups (i.e. a hand-stand and a push-up) is probably impossible for me (built like a stick), but is very heavily dependent on your upper body strength and stamina.

If you had the body shape of a Dairylea Triangle, then I'm sure it's possible.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

I weigh around 80KG at the moment. The largest rep I think I've ever done is maybe 60KG?

It's definitely possible for anyone who does a little weight training for awhile, however unless you train the muscle in other ways you wouldn't be able to bench your own bodyweight.

15+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't, I've always had terrible upper body strength and boney, nimble hands.

Not that I'm totally weak, I have long legs and use to play soccer so my leg strength makes up for that. I've never trained kicking or anything (don't even know if thats a thing) But I can kick 6.5ft in the air from a standing position for what its worth. I always joke with my friends, who have "arm power", that if we get in a fight I'm going to be kicking - Not little wussy kicks and low blows, I'll kick em' right in the teeth. Luckily I've never been in a real fight (possibly due to my intimidating stature - 6'4") and I'm not looking to get in one.

5' 11" 130 lbs. IDK if I could, it would be close