Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even know how much I weigh. I did lift my drunk boyfriend out of the bathtub on Friday night and carried him to bed though. I imagine he weighs about 150 and it didn't take as much effort as I thought it would.

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoYSueKwp4g

I can almost bench press my own body weight, but with one hand
    Last edited by mmoc8179b789b6; 2012-08-16 at 02:40 AM.

I would guess that only about 20% of men over the age of 30 can actually bench press their own body weight. Most men say they can, but they get to the gym and quickly realize they aren't 18 years old anymore... It's the same thing with pull ups. Ask a dude on the street how many he can do, he'll say 5-10. In actual fact, about 90% of men can't even do 1 proper pull up...

I'm 38, weight 190, and can max bench about 300. Been lifting on and off for years.

Deleted
    Not anymore, too difficult one-handed. But before yes I could.

Deleted
    Well its true for most people, i always thought i could lift my own weight before going to the gym.. and well once i was there i realised i was wrong, couldnt lift the bar and it got stuck on my chest had to wait for my friends... embarinssing

Deleted
    No, I don't think I can bench press 72.5 kg. Maybe in a life or death situation if the adrenaline would rush in, then sure, otherwise no way.

hmm. Like just one push up and down or like 10 bench presses? I weight about 65kg at 16 years old. I can fairly easily lift up ~60kg but i dont know about bench press since i've never tried that exercise before.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't anymore =|

I believe the average person cannot bench their own body weight. Not without having done the bench press previously, which obviously wouldn't make them average (implying "average" is a non-lifting individual).

No... I weigh 102kg, and bench 80kg.. I have 20% BF though so as the weight comes down, should be able to soon enough

Deleted
    Yes I can, I work in an environment where people actually care about such macho bullshit.

Since becoming a fatty at my new job I probably couldn't at the moment.

I've since started going to the gym every morning however.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Deleted
    I can probably bench 70kg's if I want to. I am benching 55 at the moment without being afraid of dropping that shit

10+ Year Old Account
    83kg easily. Can almost do twice that as well. I'm not even that massive.

Seeing how almost everyone who posted in this forum saying they can't makes me feel so much better about myself. Thanks guys.
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

Quote Originally Posted by Buttfear View Post
    I weight 225lbs and can bench my own weight, was up to 275 before I screwed up my shoulder
    Need to change your form.

And yeah, many times.

Deleted
    I used to be able to but then I stopped going to the gym and stopped bulking. Really wanna get back to being able to though. it's not so much of an impressive feat benching your own weight when your a manlet like myself :P

Doubtfull. It wouldn't require much training before it would be piece of cake though.
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

Can't say I've ever tried, but the chances are I can't (it'd be 150lb) I've never been into weights and I guess if I had to I could probably get that sort of weight off the ground using my legs without much hassle I'd doubt my ability to bench it, besides, chances are I'll never need to bench press my own weight!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Deleted
    already did that but i gained a few years and pounds since then so probably not anymore ^^

Used to be able to bench my own weight (was 200 pounds, only 1 rep though) since then, I have screwed my back up and gained 20 pounds, so not a chance anymore...

Boah, oldest necro I've seen IN A WHILE

Yes, I can. Three times, 80kg