Thread: Monk vs DK DPs.

Monk vs DK DPs.

General question for the lucky masses on the beta, how i monk dps looking so far?

Currently on live I am playing UH DK, and am usually either top dps, or top 3 for all fights. Unfortunately I am utterly dissapointed with the current DK changes, and have been highly interested in Monk. Of course, I really want to retain my current position as one of our higher ranking dps ( I know skill > class, but sometimes the class vastly helps).

So basically I'm wondering how the overall is looking between the 2. I hear Monk is horrible in multi target fights, but decent on single target. I raid 25 if that helps at all, and currently have the option of playin either, just looking for some friendly advice!

Thanks folks!

http://www.simulationcraft.org/504/Raid_T14H.html

Here's the current dps situation (I found this on another thread, dno how relieble it is tho.)

Thanks for that! Anyone with any other feedback, or is that looking to be about the correct current numbers?

Remember that is patchwerk style fight I.E no movement, no nothing. For single target, monk is fine. Multi-target fights utterly destroy us as the only thing in our rotation that cleaves is Fist of Fury but it has a CD on it that keeps it from being even remotely spammed. We also have no cleave abilities so on Stone Guards for example, Combat rogues / warriors / DK's will completely blow monks away. So basically if any fight has more than 1 attackable mob, then your DK will always be ahead of a monk.

And why would you bother whit amount of dps if your good player youll always be high in dps,at this stage of the game it should be what you want to play or else we all schould go play warrior init ?

3k DPS difference is VERY neglectable in this content IMO.

Deleted
    It heavily depends on the fight. There's a lot of fights with either cleave or multidot possibilities, and monk has a disadvantage there compared to a lot of other classes as monk is mostly singletarget.