Time needed to level to 85

Howdy guys,

I know there's a lot of threads on this forum about leveling a monk already, however, I haven't been able to find info regarding this specific question:
    How much time is needed (approximatly) to level 'in a normal way' to 85? As in, no RaF, no boosting by guildies, etc? Heirlooms are fine to use.

I'm trying to decide whether to go the RAF route or not, but i'm not sure about the time investments which will be the deciding factor.

Deleted
    The answer can be found in this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-at-launch-day , but I believe you don't want to go through all 36 pages to find it

If you know the way, the zones and quest paths, around 1 day and 10 hours was decent time without those +50% xp buff quests. With them, I dont know aet...possibly around 1 day 5 hours? Also, if you want to be panda, add 1 hour to it

Can defiantly get 1-80 in hierlooms in 2 weeks, probably less if your willing to tank or heal 70-80

It took me 32 hours /played time to get to 85 on Beta with full heirlooms.
    Though you could probably remove 3-4 hours for quests that pandaren were bugged for and the occasional pet battle and virtually no instancing (nobody ques for low level content on beta)

Quote Originally Posted by ruga View Post
    Though you could probably remove 3-4 hours for quests that pandaren were bugged for and the occasional pet battle and virtually no instancing (nobody ques for low level content on beta)
    That's pretty fast tbh. I think i'll go for RAF as realistically speaking, even 32 hours would mean being a full week behind everyone else, and I doubt I'll be able to make it that fast.

@Yreal: I've actually been following that thread with some interest, but unfortunatly I couldn't remember if the info was in there and the search function on this website doesn't want to cooperate with me

Deleted
    You could probably get rid of more than 4 hours, if you que as Tank or Healer come live - Quests from Dungeons just by running them once is very substantial.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ruga View Post
    Did you abuse the class quests as it was just recently introduced? Starting lvl 20 you get new class quest every 10 levels that gives you 1h lasting buff that increases your XP gain from quests and kills by 50%. You can also complete a daily there after first class quest that also gives the same XP buff. At bare minimum you will have 7 class quests to complete before you ding lvl 90. That's 7 hours of that buff. Plus 1 extra hour every day from daily quest.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

Quote Originally Posted by Drifted View Post
    Did you abuse the class quests as it was just recently introduced? Starting lvl 20 you get new class quest every 10 levels that gives you 1h lasting buff that increases your XP gain from quests and kills by 50%. You can also complete a daily there after first class quest that also gives the same XP buff. At bare minimum you will have 7 class quests to complete before you ding lvl 90. That's 7 hours of that buff. Plus 1 extra hour every day from daily quest.
    Do you know if you can "save" the quest? As in, you don't do the level 20 or 30 quest for the xp buff, then at level 40 you grab the level 20 one, wait till that wears out, grab the 30 one, ect ?

1-85 full heirlooms no boots, no RaF 2days played (so you if go nuts from release you should be 85 sometime thursday), and 90 around saturday/sunday

The front page has been changed to show the new xp reductions
    82-83 4,004,000 2,669,000 (-33%)
    83-84 5,203,400 3,469,000 (-33%)
    84-85 9,165,100 4,583,000 (-50%)

82-85 will be MUCH quicker now.

Thank god for those XP reductions. I'll not have to suffer nearly as long in Twilight Highlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifted View Post
    That's the first thing I hear about these quests. This is new in MOP? That would *SIGNIFICANTLY* boost your leveling speed while leveling the 'normal' way.

The Daily quest you mention, that's also from the class trainer?

I leveled, on live, my paladin healing dungeons from 80-85 within 1 week. And that was only doing 3-4 dungeons a day. So will just going brewmaster or mistweaver be a viable option to level up quickly from 10-90 with full heirloom gear?