Page 20 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    hi, looking for headpeace advice: will of the emperor headpeace (489) vs Sha of Fear T-Headpeace (496)

I have no access to heroic gear yet - so this are my only viable options - what do you think?

the sha one cuz of the tier and higher ilvl

Deleted
    I was thinkin about going the "crit build" thats been posted about in here latley, ive been mostly reforgin to haste and also gemmin pure haste.

I Used mr robot to setup a profile and change some forges and gems. Not sure if link will work but. How does it look?
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/c...7-62c2035ae3c9

Am i going in the wrong direction, any suggestions?

Live armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arion/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    the sha one cuz of the tier and higher ilvl
    Well, thats the question. The T-headpeace has mastery on it, while the other peace has haste/crit.... So bad Set-boni, bad stats but higher itl vs lower itl but great stats...
    Last edited by Esmi; 2012-12-06 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltycracker View Post
    1.165% corresponds to 16.5% haste. Sorry, I'm kinda bad making my logic transparent when I get to spreadsheeting.

So if I am then interpreting this correctly, and by looking at what your monk is reforged to. I can drop down to 6.5% haste, factor in the 10% buff for raids, take Ascension as my talent and in theory have a noticeable dps increase?

Deleted
    Haste is multiplicative, not additive. So 5.9% haste would be enough. Good luck finding many pieces that only have hit/crit/exp on them tho

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Haste is multiplicative, not additive. So 5.9% haste would be enough. Good luck finding many pieces that only have hit/crit/exp on them tho
    Tell me about it haha. I recently just took my Reforgelite and changed the stat weights around. So put Crit at 160 and Haste at 140 (instead of vice versa) and that brought me to 8.42% haste and 31.02% crit (3,579 and 5,883 respective ratings). Im intrigued to see what you think of my character now Mihir, you know me as Pandophile. I've posted on your guild forums a couple times.

Just as an FYI I have regular mod Nethrrealm Shoulderpads and the Crown of Opportunistic Strikes in my bags but I'm using the LFR Tier helm for the expertise and 2 piece for increased FoF.

I was assuming that this whole theorycrafting session was based around having the 2piece to incrase regen time due to more use of FoF.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...phile/advanced

Thanks!
    Last edited by Girthmonster; 2012-12-06 at 06:04 PM.

so you prefer the lfr t-helmet over the normal crown? interesting ...
    I more and more prefere the normal crown over the normal t- headpiece
    I think I will rarely make use of the 2piece - most bosses require so much movement...and the mastery on it is just...just bad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esmi View Post
    so you prefer the lfr t-helmet over the normal crown? interesting ...
    I more and more prefere the normal crown over the normal t- headpiece
    I think I will rarely make use of the 2piece - most bosses require so much movement...and the mastery on it is just...just bad
    It's not that bad. Especially if you go for 2 set and crit reforging.

Quote Originally Posted by Drweird View Post
    So if I am then interpreting this correctly, and by looking at what your monk is reforged to. I can drop down to 6.5% haste, factor in the 10% buff for raids, take Ascension as my talent and in theory have a noticeable dps increase?
    Sounds about right. Multiplicative though like Mihir said.

Human error plays a part too. A robomonk can do a perfect 60GCD rotation in 60 seconds, while a noob can do 50 GCD/min and a pro can do something like 59 GCD/min. As you play your rotation tighter, haste becomes more valuable up to a point.

If you want to, right click the tab at the bottom and you can make a copy of the spreadsheet and use your own raid buffed mastery, or just to play around with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    It's not that bad. Especially if you go for 2 set and crit reforging.
    I'm using the helm because I need the expertise at the moment. Once I get tier shoulders that Crown is going right back on my head. Also the 2 piece is indeed pretty viable you just have to be very wary of when you use it.

Correct me if I'm wrong there Salty?

Quick question.

I got the polearm from MSV normal (Screaming tiger) for my ww (off)spec.
    I just scored a claw from Empress in lfr.
    I was wondering if i pair that one up with a 463 heroic weapon wich one would be better?

Putting down 10k for a sha touched crystal is not an option (i'm mw main, so my crystal from the quest is a 500int in my mace).
    I never use this spec in a guild raid, i just do my dailies in them, run lfr and sometimes 5m hc's.
    I will be getting dancing steel on it though.

I can't test it, i have to go buy a 463 from the AH or run some hc's for it thats why i'm asking it here

Deleted
    Added a small section to the guide with some monk abilities that didn't make it out of the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Breathe View Post
    Quick question.

I was wondering if i pair that one up with a 463 heroic weapon wich one would be better?

Putting down 10k for a sha touched crystal is not an option (i'm mw main, so my crystal from the quest is a 500int in my mace).
    I never use this spec in a guild raid, i just do my dailies in them, run lfr and sometimes 5m hc's.

I can't test it, i have to go buy a 463 from the AH or run some hc's for it thats why i'm asking it here
    No stick with your Screaming Toiger until you get a 2nd 1h from nomal. Either of the fist weapons will do. A 1h from lfr might also be a slight upgrade over 2h since your MH would be Claws of Shek'zeer, but I haven't done any math on this, so don't take that as a given.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Added a small section to the guide with some monk abilities that didn't make it out of the beta.
    The white tiger statue sounds like a lot of fun. It's a shame some of these concepts didn't make it in, would have really rounded out the monk's versatility and raid utility I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykewne View Post
    The white tiger statue sounds like a lot of fun. It's a shame some of these concepts didn't make it in, would have really rounded out the monk's versatility and raid utility I feel.
    So there was actually something to give WW a bit of cleave and they decided to remove it? I'd love to hear the reasoning for that.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I had forgotten about the Tiger Statue and had suggested we get one the other day, oddly enough. What I wanted instead was something far more simple like a tiny bit of magic damage added to all our attacks or some kind of combo such as "every five attacks you release a small cleaving chi burst" that kind of thing. Enough to make you want to use it every pull (or nearly) but also small enough to not unbalance us entirely.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    would a 470 pvp weapon be better than my offhand? dps vs 1 secondary stat

aww cant link, got siege-captains's scimitar 471ilvl (could upgrade the conq wep)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick question.

As far as I recall you don't switch from a higher ilvl 2h to 1h unless the 1h is the same or higher ilvl. Might have changed since then though :< Best to just test or wait for a more knowledgeable response
    Last edited by Ujio; 2012-12-08 at 05:11 AM.
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

What's the prices for Dancing Steel on your server, anyway? On Kil'Jaeden (US) it tends to stay between 8k-10k. A +500agi jewel is more valuable than the enchantment.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."