Thread: shaco

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

shaco

I bought shaco now what do i do with him? If jungle then how do i do that

10+ Year Old Account
    I am guessing that if you are asking this, you might want to play him a few times just to get a feel for him. I'm also not sure if you are even level 30.

As to jungling, just check the guides on Solomid.net - ignore the one about AP Shaco mid lane.

10+ Year Old Account
    trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    I am guessing that if you are asking this, you might want to play him a few times just to get a feel for him. I'm also not sure if you are even level 30.

As to jungling, just check the guides on Solomid.net - ignore the one about AP Shaco mid lane.
    Those guides will give you a small understanding about him. They'll teach you some tricks, a few mechanisms but you wont learn anything till you actually play him ingame. The rune page I go with is a special page I only use on Shaco, its AD Quints, AS Red's, Armor Yellow's and either AS Blue or Magic Armor Blue's.

Jungling 101

There are around 4 effective ways you can Jungle with Shaco, the route you choose will vary on your team co-ordination, team communication and general player response. Since your pretty new to Shaco jungling the route I would choose is this ( and beg that the enemy team doesnt invade you )
    #1 - at 44s, but a box at the wolf camps, put it slightly infront of the red wolf so when they spawn it only attacks the red puppy. Make sure to tell your teammates to help you kill the wolfs or you will lose LOTS of hp.
    #2 - at 1.02s, start spamming your boxes slightly behind the Blue Golem, if you do it properly you shouldnt need to use Smite, and you wont need any help from your teammates.
    #3 - Go to the Wraiths, put a box behind the Blue Wraith and focus it, kill the small buggers. Go to the red Camp, put one box in front of the Red Lizard, wait 12s, start the Camp and pull the bugger to the Box, keep running away from the Box so it gets Taunted. Use Box when its off CD and do the same thing, Smite secure it.

When you play Shaco, you need to remember that every single person will hate your guts including some of your teammates. Your number one priority is to gank, your second priority is to secure Dragon and Baron, your third priority is to cripple the enemy Jungler. When you can execute these 3 goals efficiently and with ease then you may call yourself a Jungler. When you can execute them every game you may call yourself a Shaco Player. You must have perfect gameplay, you have to have a plan already in your head, you gotta know WHAT your going to do 5mm before you do it, and you have to have a backup plan incase your first plan goes down the drown. You will appreciate the skill of planning ahead when your enemies start invading you every game.

I don't own Shaco, but the most important thing I have observed is that if Shaco can't secure early kills he falls off very quickly. Although you should still be more concerned with becoming a good general jungler before worrying about intricacies like that :P

I did notice that AD shaco is very effective at split pushing lanes, mainly because his uses in team fights isn't all that hot late game but you can never catch the little bugger when it's one on one.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm an avid Shaco player and one thing I love to do is make the enemy waste his flash by deceiving into his lane but not taking his health down to low. I go back to the same bush and wait for him to come back with the same health again to just deceive and murder him. It works on most junglers but Shaco does it better due to his deceive being like a flash with stealth.

Also if you are in melee range and you are keeping him slowed via Two-Shiv Poison, use the Two Shiv Poison active and place a turret a bit ahead of him. The fear should let your top lane get to him if he hasn't yet and early on the turrets do a decent amount of extra damage. Also another quick tip regarding jungling. If you are against a blue buff first jungler such as amumu, diana, etc. It's really easy to counter their red. Basically after you get your blue go through baron/dragon area and deceive over (lv 2) place a turret near the wraiths but not on them so it doesn't aggro for ward just in case. Then start attacking, pop a potion because you may lose more health than other things but the counter can be effective.

Save your smite for the red and use the turret once it's off cooldown from the ward placement of it. Really simple if done properly. Shaco was probably one of the top 3 hardest champions I've had to learn, possibly the hardest. Just his play style was hard for me naturally and it really took me 10+ games to figure him out. I tried different builds such as an AP one but it really isn't effective unless you can use your ultimate and turrets properly but the turrets arm time is to slow. AD is great but you want an item like Trinity Force and get at least 1 defensive item mid or late game depending on what you find works best for you.

He's severely underrated after his nerf and I do believe he is usable at higher ELO's as an AD jungler. I think a lot of people dislike him because recently most professionals and higher ELO players use tanky junglers and since Shaco is an assassin he doesn't build tanky overall. My guess is that you will be horrible with him early on maybe even turned away from him but once you get him, you will laugh at everyone who dare opposes you. I think he is my most played champion in ranked.
    Hey everyone

I, too, am an avid Shaco player. Baisically i gank first at Lvl 3 ... (lvl 1= box, lvl 2= knife, lvl 3 = decieve). Late game i push lanes like crazy me + clone + box = tower dead. I love shaco soo much because i escape so easily when they come to stop my pushing.
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

Deleted
    Hehehe. I usually come across not-too-well played Shaco's and I gotta tell ya, if you don't know what you're doing with him, don't bother playing against other players, practice on bots or it's gonna be hell for ya. But experienced Shaco players can be really cool to both watch, play with and against. Always adds interresting gameplay to the entire thing. And he can be pretty valuable as a lane pusher if coordinated right. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    Hehehe. I usually come across not-too-well played Shaco's and I gotta tell ya, if you don't know what you're doing with him, don't bother playing against other players, practice on bots or it's gonna be hell for ya. But experienced Shaco players can be really cool to both watch, play with and against. Always adds interresting gameplay to the entire thing. And he can be pretty valuable as a lane pusher if coordinated right. =)
    Yeah, I also seem to find that if you counter him right at the beginning he will just cease to really exist all game.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Enjoy your crap champ that falls off after his lvl 2 gank

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Olaf the Berserker View Post
    Enjoy your crap champ that falls off after his lvl 2 gank
    You've been playing with the bad ones.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    You've been playing with the bad ones.
    Don't bother replying to Olaf, mate. He just spews out one-liners in every thread he comes across without any explanation. People love to do that these days.

I haven't seen many good Shacos, but those good ones, man, they really do make an impact on the game. You'll even hate the bad ones, simply because how hard it is to catch the bugger, or because of those annoying boxes.

I've actually been wanting to play him a lot, but I don't play the game enough to warrant the effort he requires to master. Today is one of those days when I've been physically ill just thinking about how a game could go... And if I met a skilled psychotic clown that could ruin my day.
    Last edited by NotValidAnymore; 2012-09-01 at 09:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Don't bother replying to Olaf, mate. He just spews out one-liners in every thread he comes across without any explanation. People love to do that these days.

I haven't seen many good Shacos, but those good ones, man, they really do make an impact on the game. You'll even hate the bad ones, simply because how hard it is to catch the bugger, or because of those annoying boxes.

I've actually been wanting to play him a lot, but I don't play the game enough to warrant the effort he requires to master. Today is one of those days when I've been physically ill just thinking about how a game could go... And if I met a skilled psychotic clown that could ruin my day.
    I hate making long posts. sowwy

I've never had a problem with any Shaco. Wards and oracles = useless champ. Shaco is useless outside of early ganks. Once the game gets going and gets mid to late game, his usefulness completely goes away. He has no presence in team fights, he has no strengths, just a lot of weaknesses. I love playing against Shaco junglers, because it's a free win for me. I can't tell you how many times I've shut down a Shaco who tried to gank and failed miserably because it takes one ward to completely shut down his ganks.

That's why he isn't played at high levels, because he doesn't fit into the current meta, and his toolkit doesn't allow him to pressure anybody beyond the first 10 minutes.

Edit: He is a low ELO pubstomper, though. People who don't ward = easy kill for a Shaco. For normal games/low ELO, sure, use him all you want. But don't expect to win games because of your stellar skills at shaco anywhere above 1400 ELO. Because you won't.
    Last edited by Kolossal; 2012-09-01 at 10:09 PM.

Deleted
    I hate making long posts. sowwy
    They don't have to be long, just with some context that's more substancial than "X because I said so" :P
    Last edited by mmoc1f48e0f23e; 2012-09-01 at 10:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    They don't have to be long, just with some context that's more substancial than "X because I said so" :P
    I am lazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am lazy.
    You do know what you're doing is basically derailing a topic and that's sort of against the rules (look up trolling).

OT: Shaco is great at really focusing AD carries if not the AP real fast and causing them to shit their pants in team fights. That's what I find mid to late game what Shaco is useful for, you need to build pure damage for that burst so you can 1 shot the AP and possibly hinder the AD. Your ultimate plays a huge role in dodging in the team fights because if you don't know when to use it, you could be a dead Shaco.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    I am lazy.
    Olaf, you crazy ass OP mofo viking. Leave me and the rest of my clown lovers alone. We dont want any of your thunder arcs in our faces

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    Olaf, you crazy ass OP mofo viking. Leave me and the rest of my clown lovers alone. We dont want any of your thunder arcs in our faces
    He probably ran into our JitB before that his moves even hit us. Then he sees us again and we just deceive away... He then just rage quits.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    Jungling 101

There are around 4 effective ways you can Jungle with Shaco, the route you choose will vary on your team co-ordination, team communication and general player response. Since your pretty new to Shaco jungling the route I would choose is this ( and beg that the enemy team doesnt invade you )
    #1 - at 44s, but a box at the wolf camps, put it slightly infront of the red wolf so when they spawn it only attacks the red puppy. Make sure to tell your teammates to help you kill the wolfs or you will lose LOTS of hp.
    #2 - at 1.02s, start spamming your boxes slightly behind the Blue Golem, if you do it properly you shouldnt need to use Smite, and you wont need any help from your teammates.
    #3 - Go to the Wraiths, put a box behind the Blue Wraith and focus it, kill the small buggers. Go to the red Camp, put one box in front of the Red Lizard, wait 12s, start the Camp and pull the bugger to the Box, keep running away from the Box so it gets Taunted. Use Box when its off CD and do the same thing, Smite secure it.
    Route
    I have a slightly different version of your route. Take boots and 3 health potions to begin with. I start at wraiths. Take your first skillpoint in your 'W'. Put 1 box there at 44seconds. Then run to red and stack 3 boxes where the red lizard is going to spawn, maybe just slightly behind him to be safe. Then run back to wraiths, which should just have spawned. Kill the large wraith and 1 small one, then run to red buff.

Place another box down so you should have 4 stacked. If placed well you should 1 shot red. NOTE: Do NOT smite red. Clear up the 2 small minions at red. You should now be level 2. Take the next skill point in 'E'.

Run straight to blue buff. Place a box behind him and pull, just deal damage and don't worry about mana. Smite the blue buff at just under half hp to kill it.

You will now be level 3 and take your 3rd skillpoint in your 'Q'. You are now ready to gank mid. If done correctly it will take you about 2 minutes to complete this, so you will be level 3 whilst most people are still level 1, maybe 2. Its almost a guaranteed kill if you deceive into mid lane so they can't see you.

At this point you should concentrate on ganking and clearing the jungle regularly. If you get well fed you should be able to solo dragon at level 6 but I prefer to wait till level 8/9. Just pop your ulti, start it attacking the dragon before you, so it tanks it. If you need to escape you can just deceive over the wall.

Build
    In terms of build I start with boots and health pots. Rush a wriggles, followed by upgrading to Boots of Mobility. I'll then aim towards a Trinity Force, starting with Sheen, then Phage. Then build an Infinity Edge. You're auto attacks behind a target after you've deceived should be hitting for a tonne now.
    At this point you need to look at how you're doing and whether you need to build some defensive items. If the enemy team is mostly AP then build a banshee's veil. If they're AD I prefer to build and Guardian's Angel. If you're doing extremely well and the enemy team isn't managing to stay on you, then build a bloodthirster first.

Abilities
    I like to max my 'E' first as its your most solid damage dealing ability. I'll take 3 points in 'W' and then max my 'Q' (at this point I should have finished the Trinity Force, and on my way with Infinity's Edge so you're damage after deceive should be huge). Level your ulti everytime you can ofc.

I've never had any problems with this build/route, and I usually end up carrying the game during the laneing phase, just because Shaco's ganks are extremely strong. Just get used to predicting enemy's escape routes and placing boxes ahead of them, slowing them down and giving you some extra damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nition View Post
    Route
    I have a slightly different version of your route. Take boots and 3 health potions to begin with. I start at wraiths. Take your first skillpoint in your 'W'. Put 1 box there at 44seconds. Then run to red and stack 3 boxes where the red lizard is going to spawn, maybe just slightly behind him to be safe. Then run back to wraiths, which should just have spawned. Kill the large wraith and 1 small one, then run to red buff.

Place another box down so you should have 4 stacked. If placed well you should 1 shot red. NOTE: Do NOT smite red. Clear up the 2 small minions at red. You should now be level 2. Take the next skill point in 'E'.

Run straight to blue buff. Place a box behind him and pull, just deal damage and don't worry about mana. Smite the blue buff at just under half hp to kill it.

You will now be level 3 and take your 3rd skillpoint in your 'Q'. You are now ready to gank mid. If done correctly it will take you about 2 minutes to complete this, so you will be level 3 whilst most people are still level 1, maybe 2. Its almost a guaranteed kill if you deceive into mid lane so they can't see you.

At this point you should concentrate on ganking and clearing the jungle regularly. If you get well fed you should be able to solo dragon at level 6 but I prefer to wait till level 8/9. Just pop your ulti, start it attacking the dragon before you, so it tanks it. If you need to escape you can just deceive over the wall.

Build
    In terms of build I start with boots and health pots. Rush a wriggles, followed by upgrading to Boots of Mobility. I'll then aim towards a Trinity Force, starting with Sheen, then Phage. Then build an Infinity Edge. You're auto attacks behind a target after you've deceived should be hitting for a tonne now.
    At this point you need to look at how you're doing and whether you need to build some defensive items. If the enemy team is mostly AP then build a banshee's veil. If they're AD I prefer to build and Guardian's Angel. If you're doing extremely well and the enemy team isn't managing to stay on you, then build a bloodthirster first.

Abilities
    I like to max my 'E' first as its your most solid damage dealing ability. I'll take 3 points in 'W' and then max my 'Q' (at this point I should have finished the Trinity Force, and on my way with Infinity's Edge so you're damage after deceive should be huge). Level your ulti everytime you can ofc.

I've never had any problems with this build/route, and I usually end up carrying the game during the laneing phase, just because Shaco's ganks are extremely strong. Just get used to predicting enemy's escape routes and placing boxes ahead of them, slowing them down and giving you some extra damage.
    Personally I don't like risking my blue to being counter jungled but that's my preference. What I like to do a lot is if the enemy jungler is blue first I deceive over baron/dragon wall at lv 2 (don't get E with this route till lv 3) and I get the red as fast as I can. I've found that most junglers will be close by the time I finish it but aren't fast enough to get to red in time and when I run away I usually turn around and watch the wraiths because most go there.
    Hey everyone