Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    all guilds are different i know guilds that won't recruit any arabs or greeks what so ever

OP's post reminded me why I love LFR. I wouldn't want to be associated with a guild like that....

I think at least 80% of my guild has been in a guild that has been broken up by the machinations of an attention-seeking female. We're a rebuild of a guild that was destroyed by a female social player who got her hooks into the guild leader - yes, even non-raiders can wreck a raiding guild with the right leverage. Only half the original raid team is still in place due to the machinations of this... person.

When I recruited a female mage a few months ago, I had to reassure nearly everyone on my team at least twice that one of the main reasons I even considered recruiting her was because of her hatred of drama. Despite my reassurances, every member of the raid team watched her like a hawk for a month, and her trial period was nearly doubled purely because of her gender. To add insult to injury, she had already been a social guild member on an alt for three months. And her invitation as a social had also been hotly contested due to her femaleness.

To those who say a female guild leader won't invite other women because they don't want the competition: You're probably right on average, but sometimes there's another reason. Some women are very aware of how backstabby they themselves, and therefore other women, can be and will only allow women that they know they can co-exist peacefully with into their guild in order to minimise issues and drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Are it attention seeking females at fault, or just all the 30 year old virgins that drool their socks off when they even remotely think something has boobs in their vicinity?
    It's both, but excluding all sexually frustrated men isn't really practical in a game where they're so abundant
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Women do get emotional more easily then men, this has been proven to be the general case thousands of times, so I feel there is no need to not mention it.

Heroic Raiding can get a lot of people very wound up. If for some annoying reason bosses are not going down, people are failing or otherwise something is going wrong, it can get very annoying and people can say a lot of stupid things. In those situations it is often very easy for people to respond back in anger, and then in theory it could be possible women would react sooner then men.

Personally, I think it is a bullshit rule. I know (and raid with) many World of Warcraft gamers who are women, and I will admit that the majority of them tend to be very bad, there are a few I know personally who are fucking amazing at the game.

It is their guild, so for whatever reason they can deny anyone. Racism, Sexism & Homophobia don't contribute to issues that Game Masters can deal with when it comes to the running of the guild. You own the guild, they decide if you can get in. Still stupid mind you.

Additional Content:

I see a good chunk of this thread has shifted towards attention whoring females. Personally, I've seen many guilds (and lives) ruined by Women (And Men) who go whoring themselves out over the internet.

In my 7 years of playing I've been involved in 5 guilds that have broken up because a women has flirted, gone to far and ruined the Guild Master, gained control and fucked with the guild far to much. I've known 1 man to do it also, and he was by far a lot worse. He was really fucked up.

To me, if anyone starts acting like that in my guild I would remove them instantly. I've seen the damage it does, I've seen the drama it can cause. You're far better off booting them out, the tits just are NOT worth the insane hassle.
    Last edited by Hyve; 2012-08-18 at 01:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Are it attention seeking females at fault, or just all the 30 year old virgins that drool their socks off when they even remotely think something has boobs in their vicinity?
    That's the wrong question I feel. What you (the guild) should ask is which group is easier to exclude? The answer is a given, I think.

Personally I wouldn't ban females and just deal with the drama should it come and be prepared for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azshalorah View Post
    I have been browsing the WoW forums as of late, to try and find a guild for MoP. I have stumbled into a LOT of guilds flat out saying they won't recruit any females. Here is a quote from one guild in particular....

Now everything except for the 'no females' on that list I can understand. Can someone please enlighten me on this subject?

Thanks!
    Well I can't speak for that particular guild, they're either really stupid or have a VERY good reason.

I myself know at least 4 excellent female raiders, one of our best Paladins is a girl

Because that guild is shit?

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    Because that guild is shit?
    Well the guild in question may be bad, I don't recall if the OP said they were or not, but regardless, there are top guilds that have no women rules, so having a rule of not allowing women doesn't make a guild bad
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while

10+ Year Old Account
    Gender doesn't matter... being bad, drama queen and or skilled knows no gender bias; funny how they don't want immaturity, yet their rules are immature.

Tbh, i know the feeling. As a female gamer, I usually get judged before they try me out, because of bad experience with girls from before. I dont raid every week anymore because i find dragon soul boring.
    But is okay, they assume we are shitty at the game and thats okay, but they dont need to overreact. Boys can be dramaqueens themself, and lootwh0res :>

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    These are the possible reasons why they'd put this:

1) They're pigs and actually believe women can't raid at the same level as men.

2) They're butthurt that they can't get real women, so they exclude women from their 'bro-raiding-time' which is more like 'forever alone' time.

3) There are those attractive female players who cause rifts in guilds filled with men by causing drama. Usually happens because the guild master begins long distance dating the woman and ends up promoting her to officer to the dislike of the rest of the guild simply because they're 'dating'. GM begins missing raids or sneaking off to skype to cyber instead of raiding on vent. The solution? Cut out the woman.

All three of those are extremely likely.
    Last edited by Valnoressa; 2012-08-18 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinzil View Post
    You know, 90% of female players in wow are just horrible raiders...There's your answer.
    That's the most horrible excuse to not trial a female.

That's like saying you won't ever talk to <insert ethnicity here> because you think they are all bad at <insert topic here>.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

15+ Year Old Account
    Preface disclaimer: I've known of female gamers who possessed none of the shortcomings I am going to list below, my girlfriend being one of them, my guild leader being another, but I am going to relay my own personal experience and that of my guild.

Having raided through vanilla, BC, and into Wrath, my guild was pretty open about accepting female raiders. We had an age policy that we did not strictly adhere to, but if it was obvious the person was under 18, they'd not pass their trial. We had a couple of 16 year olds get accepted, but that's because they displayed great maturity for their age. Over the years our guild had its share of drama but was by no means drama ridden. However, the source of most of the drama, whether it be loot, relationship, ego, or whatever, came from the women in the raid. Our guild leader and raid leader got fed up with repeated incidents of drama over the years and finally in Wrath instituted a no female recruitment policy. Her and the couple of female raiders we had left had proven themselves to be drama free over the years so it was fine for them to stay, but we had a pretty strict no female policy.

Of course we received a lot of flak for this rule, but we progressed just fine, and managed to get server firsts throughout Wrath. Late in Naxx, we needed to recruit a feral druid and rogue. It just so happened that this amazing feral druid app'd, but he came with his girlfriend from a continent away... who just happened to be a rogue. Despite their better judgement, the officers recruited both of them, and it was fine for a few weeks... But it became quickly apparent that drama followed this girl like flies follow stank. There was loot drama, ego drama, and eventually she even cheated on her BF which caused both of them to quit the raid. After that, we maintained a strict no girls rule except for the 3 already in the guild.

There are some good, drama free female gamers out there, but the droves are drama ridden ones ruin it for them, because it often does just end up being safer to make a "no girls allowed" rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Fezzina View Post
    These are the possible reasons why they'd put this:

1) They're pigs and actually believe women can't raid at the same level as men.

2) They're butthurt that they can't get real women, so they exclude women from their 'bro-raiding-time' which is more like 'forever alone' time.

3) There are those attractive female players who cause rifts in guilds filled with men by causing drama. Usually happens because the guild master begins long distance dating the woman and ends up promoting her to officer to the dislike of the rest of the guild simply because they're 'dating'. GM begins missing raids or sneaking off to skype to cyber instead of raiding on vent. The solution? Cut out the woman.

All three of those are extremely likely.
    I've bolded what I consider to be examples of your extremely sexist attitude

This sexist attitude from women is one of the reasons many raiding guilds have a no women allowed rule. No one wants to deal with that
    Last edited by Shadylol; 2012-08-18 at 02:56 PM.

Most well run guilds would not have such a stupid policy; dw.
    Ashin, Stormreaver
    South of Heaven

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post

This sexist attitude from women is one of the reasons many raiding guilds have a no women allowed rule. No one wants to deal with that
    I'm not a woman.

I'm stating pure facts about the pig men of my gender who hate women because they can't get women.
    Last edited by Valnoressa; 2012-08-18 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post

I think the fact that he knows how to use "they're" correctly gives him a winning edge in this argument. Sorry. (Not saying that you don't, I'm just making an Internet joke here)
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2012-08-18 at 02:58 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Azshalorah View Post
    I have been browsing the WoW forums as of late, to try and find a guild for MoP. I have stumbled into a LOT of guilds flat out saying they won't recruit any females. Here is a quote from one guild in particular....

Now everything except for the 'no females' on that list I can understand. Can someone please enlighten me on this subject?

Thanks!
    My top 50 US 25 man guild has several females. A good raider is a good raider is a good raider.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    That's the most horrible excuse to not trial a female.

That's like saying you won't ever talk to <insert ethnicity here> because you think they are all bad at <insert topic here>.
    Except no one's saying they won't talk to women, they're saying they won't RAID with women