Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Because of Retrodruid, that's why.

Probably to avoid drama and biased behavior, and wanting vent to consist of raid talk, not everyone hitting on the girl and her playing along to keep them going and to see how much she can stir up. I know, it is unfair, cause not every girl is like that, but a surprising amount are, and no good comes of it. Maybe the guild leader was in another guild previously that had problems because of it. Just look for another guild.

Having played for 6 years, I've had my fair share of attention whores and drama queens. @_@ Ugh. I've learned to ignore girls, unless they're laid back and cool about other girls.

Unfortunately, those attention whores and drama queens are the ones that cause the skilled, drama-free female raiders to be denied raid opportunities with many guilds. :\

Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    Though thats something typical too, a girl not wanting to get on vent because~
    Honestly why do people care, so there are some lonely nerds out there ignore them they'll eventually get it.
    In one guild i wasnt allowed to speak on vent because it would "upset our male raiders and cause them to loose focus".
    I still get the usual "who's the girl?" whenever i join a pug. Though since i usally only do the alt raids we do and grab an occasional person from trade, its ever so easy to just go "oh, its ******".
    gallery . twitch . twitter

queue:

Deleted
    we got 3 girls on our 10 man team, still roffeling 8/8 hc when its up, no damn drama anywhere ;S

Deleted
    I think those guys in that guild probably have come across with a lot of bad female players, and do not want to repeat the experience. Who knows.
    It's their guild, their rules.

In my experience, it is rare to me to encounter a girl in wow. Generally, I would say half of the ones I have met, were good, while the other half were either bad or attention whores.Take it as an opinion, and not as a fact, of course.

My guild has 2 girls atm. One is a better pvper than me.
    She turns into a psycho when she sees the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakokun View Post
    Is anyone else bothered by that cellphone rule too?
    no, cell phones can be a quick way to get in touch with your raiders when they're not online
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Quote Originally Posted by RAMBOSON View Post
    Hypocrisy thy name is Vvulf
    Non-sequitur, thy name is Ramboson.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    They're usually attention whores, extremely bad, and very immature. I could go on and on in depth about my personal experiences but I can tell you that it's not a generalization it's a fact and I've seen it over 5 years lol. If you don't want to be treated bad as a female player, do well, show you're good, and don't be someone who wants to grab attention or allow people to generalize you, it is a generalization to say all females are bad but they aren't all bad, they are just like males, they are good, they are bad, they are amazing and they are horrible, there is just fewer in the pool.
    The only attention 'whores' I have met in my 7+ WoW career are the horny, immature boys who think that it is fine to 'get creepy' with me because I am a female player.

I have met some seriously skilled players of BOTH genders in my playing time - to say one gender is more skilled than another is narrow-minded. The WORST ever players I have met when I was a GM were males - but that doesn't make me able to say from that 95% of all male players suck as that would be an unfounded generalisation (unlike some of the 'uber-skilled' players that have posted in this thread).

For every decent one you get 50 ATH's or worse..
    Hard to find good ones

Answer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOzRgfF36nM

I'm personally all for letting women raid, but HOLY SHIT, if this ever took place in my voicechat...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    no, cell phones can be a quick way to get in touch with your raiders when they're not online

Yep, our core raiders are expected to have text comunication with our gm. If they do not like it they can always app the next guild down the block.

My 10 man guild will have at least 2 on our roster for MoP.

15+ Year Old Account
    What?!

Most of the top guilds on the servers I've been on(including mine when we had our moment) had plenty of female players. I think almost half our raiders were female when I think about it. Including myself.

Those particular guilds are not places people would want to be anyway.
    I've been in a top 10 world Rift raiding guild, never had an issue with my lady parts getting in the way of being a bad ass cleric.

In WoW I've been a member of a very productive Heroic Raiding guild. Along with me we have several other very skilled females. Never been an issue.
    We're also all adults, mentally as well as physically.

The reasons I can think of behind this particular guilds choices:
    They've had problems where a girl has been at the centre. They want to avoid having distractions because their other members are idiots?
    *shrugs*
    Sounds like idiocy to me.

It is just easier to say "No Females" than to spend time trying to sift through them to separate the good players from the rest I supposed. There are a lot of females that play wow simply for the attention they know they will get by being part of a predominately male populated game. There are just as many that play because they enjoy what the game has to offer and could care less about seeking attention and actuallly avoid talking in vent/mumble to avoid it!

Basically they are too lazy to try to separate the "attention whores" from the HC raiders among the female population and just opt out on the gender altogether.

Side note: I've been privy to have played w/ some very skilled, and intelligent female raiders that have far outplayed male counterparts and think that they are making a mistake because female typically pay greater attention to detail!

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm less concerned about the "no females" rule (it proves that they're insecure, needy manchildren with the emotional range of a brick wall) than I am about the cellphones rule. Cellphone number gets given to the wrong person/sore loser and you're in for a world of harassment out of game.
    You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

While most women are perfectly normal raiders, and can be good players, all it takes is ONE wrong woman, and the whole guild can be destroyed. So rather than trying to find those few that will ruin the guild, they just say no to all to be safe.

I should note that this destruction of the guild due to the girl is just as much the guys' fault.

tbh, the females that I know in game are just horrible in raiding guilds. Either going "LOL all females always get treated like shit by guys" or "teehee, I'm a girl, flirt with me!" on vent.

Those that act normally and try to act ncie I will take seriously. But those that try to abuse their female-ness I just can't take seriously and will ignore completely.

My guild is second on the server. Been 8/8 heroic for a very very long time now and we have 4 female raiders. All some of the best of their class that I have raided with. My guess is it purely a male ego thing.