I've been testing Wush and UVLS (while I wait for my Hydra) and it seems pretty even compared to using the UVLS/Cha-Ye combo; the procs rarely line up perfectly, but quite often they proc at very useful times. I guess maybe Wush makes the rotation a bit more interesting too.

Deleted
    How do you guys manage to stay around the hit cap with Wush? I've been ignoring hit socket bonusses and 60 int socket bonusses that require a blue socket, and i still have to gem stamina because i have too much hit. This bothers me a LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by miiasma View Post
    as they have given us the formula and not fixed values for the different ilvl versions i guess they kept upgrades in their minds..
    might have to try get it confirmed through twitter or squeeze out a blue post. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by rables View Post
    How do you guys manage to stay around the hit cap with Wush? I've been ignoring hit socket bonusses and 60 int socket bonusses that require a blue socket, and i still have to gem stamina because i have too much hit. This bothers me a LOT.
    probably easier to answer if you link your armory as well as list all items above 502 ilvl that you have in your bags.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    probably easier to answer if you link your armory as well as list all items above 502 ilvl that you have in your bags.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ables/advanced

The other option i have as for gear is replacing Wush with volatile talisman, but i like Wush too much. Guess i'll just have to wait for some drops without hit.

isn't valor trinket actually better? sorry haven't had any trinkets drop at all since I started playing again 5-6 weeks ago so I haven't had the luxury to test them =D besides, I only see one stam gem with you being 0.14% over hit cap, so it doesn't seem to be a that big issue. not like the str dps classes who are sitting over 3% above hit cap atm.

Deleted
    I found the valor trink pretty meh and i'm also quite suprised by the procrate of Wush. I guess it's a bit of a luxury issue but it's ugly

The valor trinket is mediocre. The marginal value of ~9k Haste is very low when your opening burst consists of the Meta proc, Dark Soul, maybe Lust, and your gear full of haste already. INT, Mastery and Crit are simply more valuable than more Haste when your Haste is already so high.
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

Quote Originally Posted by rables View Post
    I've had to ignore two 60 Int set bonus' and I've had to reforge out of Hit on my Crit items just to get under Hit cap. Funny, even though I lost 120 Int and gained a bunch of Crit I still found Wush/UVLS to be a 5k - 25k (proc depending) DPS increase to UVLS/Cha-Ye

Anyone know of an addon that shows the bosses health bar and Dots on it like in this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN7YnQQ6cb8

I believe he's using shadowed unit frames. I don't want my unit frames to change, I just want an addon that shows the heath bars and dots. I'll need it if I'm going to soul swap bug heroic council.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkith View Post
    Anyone know of an addon that shows the bosses health bar and Dots on it like in this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN7YnQQ6cb8

I believe he's using shadowed unit frames. I don't want my unit frames to change, I just want an addon that shows the heath bars and dots. I'll need it if I'm going to soul swap bug heroic council.
    You can easily disable all other parts in SUF and only use the SUF boss frames

Quote Originally Posted by esatikkane View Post
    You can easily disable all other parts in SUF and only use the SUF boss frames
    Great! I'll try it out. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I should be refreshing ALL Of by DoTs before they fall off, right?

Also, what do you do if you run out of soul shards and Haunt falls off? I find myself just stuck without shards or haunt...what can I do to ensure Haunt has a 100% uptime, or at least a potentially 100% uptime?
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

you should never let your dots drop. however it's not that easy as just keeping them up. I'm sure the first post covers it so you should read it through properly and maybe check any video guides too.

to keep haunt up 100% on one target (before haste effets) you need to have corruption up on at least 4 targets.

Man, just got UVLS lfr version ... I did a couple tests and it initially smoked my SPA trink, wasn't even close ... but continuing to test I did one 5-minute test and it only proc'd once, and my dps tanked. Even sitting for several minutes before I started attacking, it didn't proc on pull -- in fact, it took well over 3 minutes to proc, probably closer to 4 since it wasn't until the five minutes was fairly close to done.

I don't have a freaking helm I can put my legendary gem in so I hadn't gone full haste yet, but I'm considering doing so to give me better uptime on UVLS ...

Hrm, guess I'll just sim me as-is with SPA versus haste gems + UVLS.

edit/update:

omg are you F'ing kidding me ... on my next test I got four within the opening minute, with two of them literally back to back.

From one in five minutes, to four in one minute. O_o
    Last edited by Count Zero; 2013-05-15 at 06:01 AM.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Man, just got UVLS lfr version ... I did a couple tests and it initially smoked my SPA trink, wasn't even close ... but continuing to test I did one 5-minute test and it only proc'd once, and my dps tanked. Even sitting for several minutes before I started attacking, it didn't proc on pull -- in fact, it took well over 3 minutes to proc, probably closer to 4 since it wasn't until the five minutes was fairly close to done.

I don't have a freaking helm I can put my legendary gem in so I hadn't gone full haste yet, but I'm considering doing so to give me better uptime on UVLS ...

edit/update:

omg are you F'ing kidding me ... on my next test I got four within the opening minute, with two of them literally back to back.

I've had this happen also with the Heroic version. I can't begin to describe how much I hate this RRPM system, it's a complete RNG clusterf---. WTB ICD system back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post

edit/update:

Yeah thats RPPM for you.
    I hate it when it procs when you cant do anything with it, like last sec before a head dispears on Megaera, or just when i have to SS a tank/healer

I had the same issue with RPPM trinkets when trying out affliction again after being destro the last month.
    During my destro opener i normally proc 1-3 times within the first minute, but when i tried out affliction again last night i could not for the life of me get the trinket to proc. Probably just bad luck, but still annoying. (That is with the Cha-Ye's trinket since that is the only one that has been nice and drop for me)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    So I should be refreshing ALL Of by DoTs before they fall off, right?

Also, what do you do if you run out of soul shards and Haunt falls off? I find myself just stuck without shards or haunt...what can I do to ensure Haunt has a 100% uptime, or at least a potentially 100% uptime?
    a) Yes.

b) you don't just spam haunt on CD, you use it while procs are up or to avoid capping.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    a) Yes.

b) you don't just spam haunt on CD, you use it while procs are up or to avoid capping.

I agree with both of these here. Unless you're very fortunate and have a lot of targets to multi-dot then you will not have enough shards to throw up Haunt 100% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    a) Yes.

There was some talk about using DS to maintain 100% uptime, don't know how the math worked out though.