Hello all. Are there any suggestions for affliction focus on Living Fluids on Primordius heroic? Some details...

I am assigned to living fluids. I go around SB:SS as long as I have shards or casting the 3 dots if I don't. I try to use drain soul if I come across a dieing add to get some more shards. Things go like that. If you have questions or clarifications I am here to answer. The problem is that I do not have stable performance. In general my damage seems like really low and in some cases I see some tremendous ups and downs. For instance between try 8th and 9th wipe if is like 100K vs 200K dps. This is not normal. Here is the link http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-cu...ses&boss=69017 of all tries. There is no use to compare with my guild mates since most are at 539-542 ilvl and I am 529 but I still do believe I am underperforming. This is my first time as affliction but still....
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Hello all. Are there any suggestions for affliction focus on Living Fluids on Primordius heroic? Some details...

I am assigned to living fluids. I go around SB:SS as long as I have shards or casting the 3 dots if I don't. I try to use drain soul if I come across a dieing add to get some more shards. Things go like that. If you have questions or clarifications I am here to answer. The problem is that I do not have stable performance. In general my damage seems like really low and in some cases I see some tremendous ups and downs. For instance between try 8th and 9th wipe if is like 100K vs 200K dps. This is not normal. Here is the link http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-cu...ses&boss=69017 of all tries. There is no use to compare with my guild mates since most are at 539-542 ilvl and I am 529 but I still do believe I am underperforming. This is my first time as affliction but still....
    If you're mainly on living fluids you are honestly better off just playing destro on that particular fight, affliction is not as efficient at killing the fluids as destro is, you'll also be able to cleave onto the boss alot better sub 20% with infinite shadowburns.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanariya View Post
    It also means that for Affliction your DoTs will tick 36% faster, do 36% more damage (by mastery) and 36% more Critical damage for the entire time they're up. It's not low in the slightest. Combined with UVLS, I'm wondering how refreshing all your DoTs with Glyph of EA would act out.
    well afaik you wont get 36% extra haste or mastery, you'll get 36% of your current mastery and haste. so if you have 10 k mastery and haste, you'll get 3600 haste and mastery, which will result in something like 8% haste, you wont get an additional 36% haste and mastery that would make it OP, just imagine having BL, metagem proc, zerging and this proc if it was 36% additional haste, so your dots wont tick 36% faster and do 36% more dmg and 36% more crit dmg. atleast this is how im assuming it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by icecoldsir View Post
    If you're mainly on living fluids you are honestly better off just playing destro on that particular fight, affliction is not as efficient at killing the fluids as destro is, you'll also be able to cleave onto the boss alot better sub 20% with infinite shadowburns.
    Affliction is FAR more efficient at killing living fluids than Destruction is. Destruction is good at destroying the Vicious Horrors and maintaining strong damage on the boss whilst damaging the Living Fluids, but a tonne of that damage is wasted RoF/immolate damage on adds that reach the boss before dying.

@ Rayaleith - Your dps will fluctuate a small amount as you get different buffs - but you should still be far higher on dps than you are.

^ That's your main problem. Getting negative debuffs like that will completely ruin your dps. Pay more attention to the floor when you move around.

If your job is to kill the Living Fluids, why are you wasting time Haunting the boss? If you have Soul Shards - spend them on more SB:SS casts! Use TidyPlates to keep an eye out for adds that don't already have your DoTs up. Keep an eye out for adds on low health to snipe Drain Soul as they die. Keep DoTs on EVERYTHING that needs to die. Got shards? Spend them. Don't have shards? Drain soul. Keep DoTs up on Primordius, the big adds in the middle, and the mobs that you're assigned to be killing.

At the start, don't dps primordius with everyone else like a monkey and waste all your procs on a boss taking 75% less damage. Wait for the lanes to start spawning, go to your lane, dot your own lane and the two lanes either side. Grab your debuffs asap and keep spreading DoTs onto the two adjacent lanes whilst you get your debuffs, then spread your aids.

In our last kill I had 100 Soul Swap casts, and over 1000 ticks from each of my DoTs. This is in a 5 minute kill. http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-nr...?s=3194&e=3494

In your longest attempt you had 50 Soul Swap casts, and only around 650 ticks from each of your DoTs - in a 7.5 minute attempt.
    Last edited by EvreliaGaming; 2013-07-01 at 12:15 PM.

First of all, thank you very much for taking the time and assess.

Our tank kite the boss clockwise (it doesn't matter the direction, just the kiting) and that forces me to move since there is no use to kill or try to kill adds that are about to be consumed. Do you guys kite it around? So, more... dots, then. Do you use your cooldowns and continue normally dotting adds or do something else (while on DS etc).

Yes, we do kite the boss around the room. That shouldn't change anything for you - just watch your feet as you move - don't walk through pools once you have 5 mutations. There should always be plenty of adds for you to DoT with plenty of kill time. You should be spending 99% of your time on that fight applying DoTs to different targets, and the other 1% channeling Drain Soul on adds that are about to die. Dark Soul doesn't change that - just use it on cooldown and keep Dotting.

Evrelia, what fights are u playing Demo and Affli?

I play Destruction on Ra-den, I play Demonology on Durumu, Lei Shen and Twins, and Affliction on everything else. I would play Demo on a lot more if I had UVLS.

Quote Originally Posted by EvreliaGaming View Post
    I play Destruction on Ra-den, I play Demonology on Durumu, Lei Shen and Twins, and Affliction on everything else. I would play Demo on a lot more if I had UVLS.

Ohhh, any single UVLS ? Really? Unlucky boy.

If u have it, would u play UVLS every fight but Ra-den?

Funny thing, I though at Ra-den with Soulfire-meta burst + Imp Swarm, Demo would be better.

@Evrelia
    That went much better and apart from my performance, we killed it as well.

(http://worldoflogs.com/reports/icd14...?s=2509&e=2886)

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    @Evrelia
    That went much better and apart from my performance, we killed it as well.

(http://worldoflogs.com/reports/icd14...?s=2509&e=2886)

Thanks again
    Nice one! Really glad I could help.

Deleted
    I'm considering race changing from orc to troll. Blood fury has the same cooldown as dark soul so I always use them together, but berserking doesn't. If I do change to troll, should I use berserking on cooldown, or use it together with dark soul?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    I'm considering race changing from orc to troll. Blood fury has the same cooldown as dark soul so I always use them together, but berserking doesn't. If I do change to troll, should I use berserking on cooldown, or use it together with dark soul?
    Use it on cooldown. It will line up again 6 minutes into the fight.

Having said that, if the fight lasts less than 6 minutes then you can safely delay it.

Curious about these changes to Soul Swap, this sounds like they're adding the Soul Swap bug back in, but with only 6 second duration on the inhale instead of 20. Could put Affliction back in the game and makes our playstyle similar to Unholy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Curious about these changes to Soul Swap, this sounds like they're adding the Soul Swap bug back in, but with only 6 second duration on the inhale instead of 20. Could put Affliction back in the game and makes our playstyle similar to Unholy.
    But Unholy pretty much lives by keeping up super charged dots throughout the fight, don't they? that won't be possible for us, if it indeed also copies the duration of the dots every time. We'd have to cast to increase duration at some point, and re-snapshot.

Ah yes, I misread.
    Just a little question evrelia, when you play as affli do you go all haste (ignoring breakpoints +13.7k) or do you just stick to the breakpoint and then reforge to mastery. Im sitting on 16k haste and 5500 mastery right now and I'd like to know if its fine like that.

My armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Meenu/advanced

Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didrah View Post
    Just a little question evrelia, when you play as affli do you go all haste (ignoring breakpoints +13.7k) or do you just stick to the breakpoint and then reforge to mastery. Im sitting on 16k haste and 5500 mastery right now and I'd like to know if its fine like that.

Thanks in advance!
    For sure you have too mush haste...With your ilvl, you could easily go for 9778 breakpoint and then reforge to mastery and go for Gosac.

Once your amount of mastery is better than haste Gosac become better than Gosup
    Last edited by mmoce0f473c499; 2013-07-04 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Homerta View Post

That's not true at all, GOsac is a dps loss on single target and multi target no matter how much gear you have this tier. Depending on how things play out next tier it MIGHT be viable but for the moment its a clear dps loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Homerta View Post
    For sure you have too mush haste...With your ilvl, you could easily go for 9778 breakpoint and then reforge to mastery and go for Gosac.

This is not correct. GoSup is better than GoSac in all situations that aren't single target.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Didrah View Post

Thanks in advance!
    In realistic situations you should try to balance your Haste and Mastery as always. Go for 9778 Haste and then Mastery.