Quote Originally Posted by Livendula View Post
    Unless Reforgelite is updated to work with that trinket they're still useful for determining exactly how much haste you need from gear.
    Reforgelite uses character sheet stats to determine reforging so that's not a worry.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    not really, you just have to use the right breakpoint and then reduce it by the amount of your amp trink's static buff for example 9778/1,08=9054 and then use that number once you take off the trinket, its bit of a hassle ofc, but you can still use it.
    I should of probably said that it's actually updating the numerical rating not just the %. So it's working in character sheet without having to do anything. I.e reforged to a breakpoint with the trinket equipped, and when you unequip the trinket it goes to actual values sub the amplified %.

So from what I can see you just need to use the default breakpoints and hit reforge if you don't use the trinket for a fight and back again when you use it and it will add / remove accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Reolac View Post
    Reforgelite uses character sheet stats to determine reforging so that's not a worry.
    Yeah, it's good about that ... to a fault, actually, haha, if you happen to have say +hit or +haste food or the crystal of insanity buff, or whatevers
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    So, I played with Simcraft tonight.
    First of all, my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...Wyand/advanced

As you can see, I'm at a pretty high itemlevel and reforged and gemmed for 9778 haste breakpoint and maximum mastery.
    However, Simcraft told me, that haste would scale significantly better. Something like haste/mastery = 5/4
    I then went on and replaced the mastery-gems in my imported simcraft-profile with haste-gems in steps of about 2-3 gems each time. The dps kept increasing.. and so did the gap betwen haste- and mastery-scaling.
    In the end, after reaching the haste-breakpoint of 12439 haste for an additional UA-tick, i already went up from 265k sim-dps to about 267.7k sim-dps, with the scaling-gap widened to 6.11 vs 4.57 in favor of haste.

Finally, I even replaced enchants and removed the reforging on BotH to get the nearby Agony-Threshold at 13157 haste.
    This iteration yielded a sim-dps of 269.7k dps, which is almost 5k dps more than on my "rule of thumb" mastery-approach.
    The gap in scaling closed a little bit, but still favors haste over mastery by 5.35 vs 4.72.

Changing the number of targets from 1 to 3 closed the scaling-gap betwen haste and mastery but still favors my haste-heavy, edited simcraft-profile in terms of total dps by about 3k.

Now... Is Simcraft simply wrong? Or should we in fact focus haste instead of mastery and rethink the stats priority for affliction before looting stuff on heroic mode?

If somebody doesn't trust my profile-editing-witchcraft in simcraft, here you go:
    head=hood_of_the_crimson_wake,id=96515,upgrade=2,gems=sinister_primal_160hit_160haste_180i nt
    neck=ashflare_pendant,id=103868,upgrade=2,reforge=hit_mastery
    shoulders=shayniis_popping_shoulderpads,id=105797,upgrade=2,gems=80int_160haste_160haste_1 60hit_120int,enchant=200int_100crit,reforge=hit_haste
    back=xingho_breath_of_yulon,id=102246,upgrade=2,gems=80int_160haste_60int,enchant=lightwea ve_embroidery_3
    chest=akoliks_acidsoaked_robes,id=105355,upgrade=2,gems=80int_160haste_80int_160haste_320h aste_180int,enchant=80all,reforge=crit_haste
    shirt=sightless_mantle,id=98093
    tabard=battle_tabard_of_the_defilers,id=20131
    wrists=azure_shell_bracers,id=96804,upgrade=2,enchant=180int,reforge=crit_haste
    hands=gloves_of_the_thousandfold_hells,id=96725,upgrade=2,gems=80int_160haste_60int,enchan t=170haste,reforge=crit_haste
    waist=vitabinder_wrap,id=94996,upgrade=2,gems=160hit_160haste_160hit_160haste_320haste_120 int,reforge=crit_haste
    legs=leggings_of_furious_flame,id=103921,upgrade=2,gems=160hit_160haste_160hit_160haste_12 0int,enchant=285int_165crit
    feet=starwalker_sandals,id=95004,upgrade=2,gems=320haste_160hit_160haste_120int,enchant=17 5haste,reforge=crit_haste
    finger1=roshaks_remembrance,id=96901,upgrade=2,gems=160hit_160haste_60haste,enchant=160int ,reforge=crit_haste
    finger2=jinrokhs_dreamshard,id=96382,upgrade=2,enchant=160int,reforge=crit_mastery
    trinket1=wushoolays_final_choice,id=96785,upgrade=2,reforge=hit_haste
    trinket2=breath_of_the_hydra,id=96455,upgrade=2
    main_hand=gaze_of_arrogance,id=105226,upgrade=2,gems=160hit_160haste_60int,enchant=jade_sp irit,reforge=crit_haste

the original one was just my import from armory.
    Last edited by mmocbd24f84edd; 2013-09-13 at 05:34 PM.

Deleted
    What are you guys playing on thok? We went in blind last night on him, only did 3 pulls, I went as affliction and the interrupt was seriously getting very annoying. Is demo better on him, or should I just change from MG to fel flame when he starts interrupting every 2-3 seconds?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    What are you guys playing on thok? We went in blind last night on him, only did 3 pulls, I went as affliction and the interrupt was seriously getting very annoying. Is demo better on him, or should I just change from MG to fel flame when he starts interrupting every 2-3 seconds?
    I just played Affliction as I didn't have my Demo spec ready and doing a FF>filler>FF rotation with the filler being a tick of MG or casting UA (or Haunt if full on shards). I'd imagine that Demo would work better by pooling Fury for the 3 sec interrupt phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    Killed it yesterday as affliction in ~5 pulls.
    If Devotion aura or Unending Resolve is active, it won't interrupt you. Our holy pala used it for the 4th interrupt, it covers the next one too. We bloodlusted at pull so the aura was quite helpful in terms of dps. I just simply followed the standard rotation and cancelled MG if it was necessary (via movement) and after the 7th interrupt I just spammed instant spells.

How are Aff locks approaching the hit-cap? With H Woosh I have boatloads of hit and am now sitting at 700ish extra hit despite reforging out of every piece of hit I have. The upgrades I picked up just happened to have hit on the. Start replacing the green gems and forgo socket bonuses? Still use my H ToT pieces until I can replace Woosh/other high hit items with new SoO haste/mastery gear? I assume other locks are running into this issue as they grab upgrades and wondering how they are attacking the problem.

Cheers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DotsofDoom View Post
    How are Aff locks approaching the hit-cap? With H Woosh I have boatloads of hit and am now sitting at 700ish extra hit despite reforging out of every piece of hit I have. The upgrades I picked up just happened to have hit on the. Start replacing the green gems and forgo socket bonuses? Still use my H ToT pieces until I can replace Woosh/other high hit items with new SoO haste/mastery gear? I assume other locks are running into this issue as they grab upgrades and wondering how they are attacking the problem.

Cheers
    I had that issue, I was sitting at 600 extra hit (wush and horridon staff woes) so just ditched a green socket on my weapon for pure mastery. I passed on the galakras head which was hit haste, but have since picked up the juggernaut pants which let me drop some hit. I'm going to try and avoid hit items like the plague as I'm the only caster with a heroic trinket (10 man ftw) so I'll be using it for a loooong time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorakh View Post
    I just played Affliction as I didn't have my Demo spec ready and doing a FF>filler>FF rotation with the filler being a tick of MG or casting UA (or Haunt if full on shards). I'd imagine that Demo would work better by pooling Fury for the 3 sec interrupt phase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pafnuc View Post
    Killed it yesterday as affliction in ~5 pulls.
    If Devotion aura or Unending Resolve is active, it won't interrupt you. Our holy pala used it for the 4th interrupt, it covers the next one too. We bloodlusted at pull so the aura was quite helpful in terms of dps. I just simply followed the standard rotation and cancelled MG if it was necessary (via movement) and after the 7th interrupt I just spammed instant spells.
    Thanks. Guess I'm gonna go AD instead of kjc to make cancelling mg easier, instead of having a cast interrupting macro or pressing esc.

Quote Originally Posted by DotsofDoom View Post

Cheers
    Also just as a suggestion, if you are stacking mastery, chances are you're using Mastery/hit gems in your blue sockets. People forget that their are also master/stam gems that you can use in blue sockets to meet those large Int bonuses or if you ahve OCD like me and you have to meet them regardless. You can also OPT out to just use a pure gem or another hybrid to get rid of some hit.

If you want to meet high int bonuses or have OCD like me, I used Mastery/Stam gems to lower my hit since I also had an excess of hit after reforging.

on another topic. UVLS (2/2 Normal for me) is still proccing like crazy. I cannot notice the nerf. The 2 days that we raid, i always had it at the pull and numerous back to back and consistent procs. RNG Gods have chosen me or the nerf was not so significant as we made it out to be.
    Last edited by Ciani; 2013-09-13 at 07:12 PM.

UVLS does seem to proc quite a bit still yeah. On that topic, I have 530 Cha-Ye and 522 UVLS. I just won 540 bindings. Which trinket should I replace? Leaning towards Cha-Ye.

Replace Cha-Ye.

Someone has a soul swap mouse over macro working?
    Im trying /cast [nomod]soul swap
    /cast [target=mouseover, exists, harm] soul swap; soul swap
    But it's not working
    Any tip?
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

Amp trinket is just awesome, atleast the point that it always proccs when my Dark Soul comes off cooldown .

Quote Originally Posted by Biruta View Post
    Someone has a soul swap mouse over macro working?
    Im trying /cast [nomod]soul swap
    /cast [target=mouseover, exists, harm] soul swap; soul swap
    But it's not working
    Any tip?
    use:

/cast Soul Swap Exhale
    /cast [target=mouseover, exists, harm] soul swap

The above swaps from your current target and swaps to your mouseover.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't quite determine this but checking out Sparkuggz Affliction trinket list I was kind of surprised Wush is pretty much above most SoO trinkets. But between Heroic TF Breath, H Wush, KTT, H UVLS I'm presuming H Wush+KTT is the best combo even if BoH is Thunderforged heroic?

http://sparkuggz.com/affliction-5-4-trinket-list/
    Last edited by Moggie; 2013-09-14 at 10:31 AM. Reason: forgot link

I have noticed a change in my dps on the same fight by just taken a few minutes after a few pulls and changing my stats around

9778 haste with about 115% mastery buffed

13,737 haste build and was roughly 99% mastery buffed

Having the extra corruption ticks seems to help a lot with haunt uptime and increase in dps.

Anyone else try this or notice that the 13737 more beneficial?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberthug32 View Post
    I have noticed a change in my dps on the same fight by just taken a few minutes after a few pulls and changing my stats around

9778 haste with about 115% mastery buffed

13,737 haste build and was roughly 99% mastery buffed

Having the extra corruption ticks seems to help a lot with haunt uptime and increase in dps.

Anyone else try this or notice that the 13737 more beneficial?
    See my post above..

Simcraft also suggests haste to be far stronger den mastery on single target fights for me and slightly above on 3 targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyand1337 View Post
    See my post above..

Simcraft also suggests haste to be far stronger den mastery on single target fights for me and slightly above on 3 targets.
    Simcraft says haste is better but after 13k breakpoint, difference is only 1k dps for me on +5k haste-mastery reforge plot.

Deleted

I can't seem to grasp this o.o