Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    If you do exactly as you say you can keep Agony for 1m 50 to 2minutes. UA falls like 1m 10ish i think and corr is like 1m 30ish.

You only lose less than a sec per swap.

You make your dots last like 2 to 2.5 sec longer per swap you hold max duration.
    I was practicing on the target dummies after I posted about it ... and, man, it is rooouuuggghhh going. I managed to last around 80 seconds before it just fell apart on me. But geeeeeez it's intense.

I guess it's not going too bad for me. My UA lasts about what you're saying it should, but I can't get further than that before some slip-up and I lose the entire thing. Gonna be interesting to see if I can pull this off in a raid where I have to dodge shit, but I'll keep practicing on the dummies until then ...

Just, haha, earlier I was thinking about how I'm busting my ass to learn a strategy that is going away in about 2 months.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    I think i Need some advice in cases where suddenly many adds spawn. E.g. protectors Sun Phase.
    What should i Do there? Swap my Dots on as many targets as possible with every gcd? Keep The rotation ,,Swap filler Swap,,?

When im swapping arround with every gcd i think i lose much much of my durations, especially of agony.

Bug what will bring me to better results? Swapping my initial Dots on All targets, or sticking to my rotation with a filler between every Swap?

If there is a target(Misery, Gloom, Sorrow, Anguish, the 2 Big adds sun spawns) are worth swapping to instantly if they all have dots put the gcd/2 sec between each swap. there is no reason to dot the tiny adds. You lose more than you gain in the long run and more chances if your raid rapes them to lose dots.

Iirc the tiny adds share hp with the main adds Sun spawns. So dotting them shouldn't be a problem, but obviously you wouldn't dot every single one that spawns.

You'd be better off just doting the main adds/bosses and using seed between soul swaps when there are enough small adds up.

Deleted
    I don't swap on Targets which has less than ~60% Life in this fight. But my question was not specified for Protectors fight. It was just an example.
    The general question was: Does it overall end in better results when I
    a) Dot every new target as soon as possible
    b) Keep on going my Soulswap - Filler - Soulswap Rotation on the new Targets.

a*) I lose 2,x seconds of my dot durations each target I exhale. --> New targets are affected faster with my dots
    b*) Dot duration extension is the same as before. --> It takes much more time to affect all targets with my dots

My english is not the best - I hope I could clarify my question a bit more now. Don't stick to much on protectors fight. See this more general.
    You can tranfer this also to Galakrass if your raid has not that much damage and is "clipping" the add spawns, Spoils when you are opening much big/middle chest at once, and so on.
    Last edited by mmoc6785fb2956; 2014-07-25 at 01:33 PM.

If it will/needs die quickly, but still has time for dots to tick swap to it right away.

dot every new target as long as u can inhale back off of them
    Streaming high end lock, mage and warrior play in 1080p.http://www.twitch.tv/yoloswagins

Can anyone tell me the name plates on evrelias video at the start so I can track dots and see the targets up at that time like in his video

Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    Can anyone tell me the name plates on evrelias video at the start so I can track dots and see the targets up at that time like in his video
    Tidy Plates.

Soooo after an extremely short sting I'm switching back outta Afflic. Advanced soul swapping is honestly just too grueling for me when you literally don't have even half a second of breathing room for like two full minutes. And without doing it I won't be relatively competitive compared to other Afflocks.

Which makes me feel like a scrub, because I've always been able to do well as all three specs. But the ceiling is simply further above my skillcap than it's ever been. Maybe I'll give Demo a whirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Soooo after an extremely short sting I'm switching back outta Afflic. Advanced soul swapping is honestly just too grueling for me when you literally don't have even half a second of breathing room for like two full minutes. And without doing it I won't be relatively competitive compared to other Afflocks.

Which makes me feel like a scrub, because I've always been able to do well as all three specs. But the ceiling is simply further above my skillcap than it's ever been. Maybe I'll give Demo a whirl.
    Nothing great comes without practice! Go sit on the training dummies for an hour. Don't give up. Once you have the technique down you'll be able to apply it to a lot of fights. Although the technique will be useless as soon as 6.0 drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Moruff View Post
    Nothing great comes without practice! Go sit on the training dummies for an hour. Don't give up. Once you have the technique down you'll be able to apply it to a lot of fights. Although the technique will be useless as soon as 6.0 drops.
    Oh, I spent a ton of time on the dummies before I went into LFR to practice.

In any event we're progressing toward a new kill this week so I'm going to stick with what I know best (Destro), so I'll probably still have Afflic as my other spec rolling into next week ... I'll probably give it another shot on LFR protectors before farm night to see if I want to give it a go on h Protectors ... but I really wouldn't want to get myself killed trying to epeen on a fight we've had on farm for months, and possibly slow down our route back to what we're progressing on (h Blackfuse).

Maybe I would have put even more time/effort into it if, yeah, it wasn't something that's going away in 2/3 months ...

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Oh, I spent a ton of time on the dummies before I went into LFR to practice.

In any event we're progressing toward a new kill this week so I'm going to stick with what I know best (Destro), so I'll probably still have Afflic as my other spec rolling into next week ... I'll probably give it another shot on LFR protectors before farm night to see if I want to give it a go on h Protectors ... but I really wouldn't want to get myself killed trying to epeen on a fight we've had on farm for months, and possibly slow down our route back to what we're progressing on (h Blackfuse).

Maybe I would have put even more time/effort into it if, yeah, it wasn't something that's going away in 2/3 months ...
    Spending time to master the overpowered spec is very useful if you're guild is progressing. Just keep hacking away, you'll get there =)

Dropped all of my crit for haste and plan to try aff on protectors next week. Have a question. Do I try to keep haunt up on all three and save a shard for trinket procs later? Running HWF totem and H Bindings atm and 586 ilvl next week. Would my rotation to start look something like

Rook- Haunt- partial MG to fish for procs -SB:SS dots onto him with trinket procs and CDs, then inhale dots - Next target exhale-inhale- next target exhale? Do I want to haunt before exhale on the next two or so i want to SS Exhale right after i switch from rook to the next? Our rotation is Rook-The girl (forget her name lol)- He. So when i get to He and exhale, do i want to inhale then exhale them back onto rook?

To be honest I have not touched affliction on much of anything this tier and I plan to hit up the lfr this weekend and practice it out there after i get comfortable on the dummies. Played mostly destro with a touch of demo here and there. Only buffing up to about 37% haste with raid buffs.

Tips would be appreciated!

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Sohl/advanced I have H leggings of furious flame and HWF Hat from Immerseus in my bank that i plan to use when I try out affliction.
    Last edited by xuros; 2014-08-15 at 05:46 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah you want to get intial DoTs up on Rook (with cooldowns and trinkets) then instantly swap to all 3. This gives you a small window before BBoY stacks to 10 and zerking/meta gem are falling off for you to refresh one final time.

Also, ask your raid leader (nicely) for a 25s pull timer. This allows you to soulburn a shard and have it regen before you pull whilst still retaining the soulburn buff.

Your opener should therefore be:

Haunt - Soul Swap (using up your pre-soulburn) - MG to fish for procs - cooldowns and refresh - soul swap to he then sun - refresh on sun at max strength

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Yeah you want to get intial DoTs up on Rook (with cooldowns and trinkets) then instantly swap to all 3. This gives you a small window before BBoY stacks to 10 and zerking/meta gem are falling off for you to refresh one final time.

Also, ask your raid leader (nicely) for a 25s pull timer. This allows you to soulburn a shard and have it regen before you pull whilst still retaining the soulburn buff.

Your opener should therefore be:

Haunt - Soul Swap (using up your pre-soulburn) - MG to fish for procs - cooldowns and refresh - soul swap to he then sun - refresh on sun at max strength
    No black blood for me. When i SS on Sun and switch to back to Rook since its the first focus target. DO I just DPS as normal and SB:SW with procs then rinse repeat? Watched Sparkuggz video and looked pretty much like all he did was haunt and SW to each target with very few MGs at all.
    Last edited by xuros; 2014-08-15 at 07:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    No black blood for me. When i SS on Sun and switch to back to Rook since its the first focus target. DO I just DPS as normal and SB:SW with procs then rinse repeat? Watched Sparkuggz video and looked pretty much like all he did was haunt and SW to each target with very few MGs at all.
    What do you mean? After I switch to Sun I just stay on Sun until procs run out (bboy falls off) then make sure I get one last refresh in with SB:SS. After this you just Inhale - Switch Target - Haunt/MG - Exhale - Repeat. Any time you go into a Desperate Measures you want to instantly swap to the new adds, and when you get your second round of super DoTs you can instantly swap those around too before you go back to extending.

On heroic Malk, what are acceptable uptimes for DoT's for affliction?

Deleted
    How should I be gearing with regards to haste and mastery? I have done multiple sims (simcraft multi target for affliction is wrong) looking at various fight lengths and bosses getting inconclusive results. What do the stat priorities look like for Protectors vs Jugg vs Nazgrim/Sha 3-4 min length fights without berserking?