Deleted
    How does this trinket compare to 484 Relic of Yu'lon? Normal Sha trinket wasn't worth getting, but this seems like to much of a gap for relic to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuud View Post
    I was reading some changes that GC posted the 4th of March, and I noticed that he mentioned that Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault has a 45 sec ICD. How good does that trinket become for affliction? My thought was that if you refresh your dots as the proc is about to expire, you will have a set of 9k extra-hasted dots for 20 seconds (taking pandemic into account), leaving only 15 sec left on the ICD as the dots area about to expire.
    GC also mentioned that it has a 15% proc chance upon landing a harmful spell. Will the act of spamming malefic grasp on GCD help out in proccing it faster (as it isn't a dps loss anyways due to how channeling spells work)?
    What I dont get it is why Volatile Talisman is better than Breath of the Hydra seeing the simulations.
    The uptime of the BotH is that low?

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    What I dont get it is why Volatile Talisman is better than Breath of the Hydra seeing the simulations.
    The uptime of the BotH is that low?
    probably because BotH is passive haste with int proc and the talisman vice-versa. passive int probably sims higher than passive haste

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    probably because BotH is passive haste with int proc and the talisman vice-versa. passive int probably sims higher than passive haste
    The sims should strongly favor this, as a haste proc will still be used consistently for part of its value (MG tick time), whereas the sims don't maximize the use of procs, and you don't see the added benefit of applying dots under huge int bonuses. As the quote implies, it does not mirror reality.

i have a 489 ring and the eot upgraded to 504, any suggestions on if i should get the 522 trinket or ring? also have the 484 roy but switched it out today to run gosup

Can anybody explain to me how to change certain settings in simcraft? Wondering what is better atm for me using Minion or sacking minion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    [video=youtube;IHuXPG1VB10]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHuXPG1VB10[video]
    Nice comprehensive video again, Evrelia

10+ Year Old Account
    So, what are the rankings for new trinkets?

Apparently after a certain ilvl gosac becomes better than supremacy, couldnt find the exact ilvl or stats but for me the diff between gosup and gosac is about 300 dps in favor of supremacy at 512 ilvl.
    The new trinkets are horribad for a dot class.

Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    Apparently after a certain ilvl gosac becomes better than supremacy, couldnt find the exact ilvl or stats but for me the diff between gosup and gosac is about 300 dps in favor of supremacy at 512 ilvl.
    The new trinkets are horribad for a dot class.
    GoSac will probably win hard against GoSup when we got the legendary gem, on single target ofc.

http://www.simulationcraft.org/520/Raid_T15H.html if u look on affli u'll see 16222 haste and 7386 mastery in bis gear with gosac wich is weird. Can someone explain why there's so much haste there, evrelia says we should balance these stats but 16k vs 7k is more than double.
    L.E. Weirdness doesnt stop here, scale factors haste - 4,17 mastery - 4,45.
    Last edited by n0n3; 2013-03-07 at 01:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    So, what are the rankings for new trinkets?
    This interests me greatly.

I've got 2/2 ROY and 1/2 H-LOTC.

I'm presuming it's a safe bet to upgrade ROY -> VP trinket, but I'd love some confirmation from the more number savvy members of MMO-c.

Also curious as to how long the VP trinket will last, it still uses ICD, whereas most things I've read indicate the new raid trinkets are pretty guff for affliction - is the VP trinket going to be capable of giving some H-Raid trinkets a run for their money?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    http://www.simulationcraft.org/520/Raid_T15H.html if u look on affli u'll see 16222 haste and 7386 mastery in bis gear with gosac wich is weird. Can someone explain why there's so much haste there, evrelia says we should balance these stats but 16k vs 7k is more than double.
    L.E. Weirdness doesnt stop here, scale factors haste - 4,17 mastery - 4,45.
    I was wondering the same thing. Mastery has better scaling factors, yet the simcraft profile gemmed for haste, int/haste and hit/haste instead of mastery.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

It seems that 25% GoSac luckilly didn't make it to live.

Anyone can confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    It seems that 25% GoSac luckilly didn't make it to live.

Anyone can confirm this?
    I haven't done any math but my tooltip was reading 30%

[5.2]Affliction, Grimoires, Reforging, Trinkets

So since there's really not much of anything lying around for Affliction right now I took it upon myself to do some research of my own. Since there's about 40 (exaggerating) posts about trinkets and Simcrafts and everything else I figured I would share some of my results.

You can see the T15 Heroic BiS sims here:
    Single target
    Two target (multidot)
    Grimoires

My results (gear listed as of March 6, 2013 - full T14 BiS + 1 item from ToT [Bracers]):

Trinkets (for upgrading purposes):

Again; this is for my current gear (which is pretty much full T14 BiS right now, yes including the dumb spirit ring) but should give you a basic guideline for upgrading your trinkets early as the tier progresses (this list will obviously change moving forward).

After going GoSup since patch hit, I'm actually really liking having a pet again. Nice to just have that constant passive damage plus the little utility abilities. I'm finding myself hoping GoSac doesn't make too strong of a comeback later in the tier.

Deleted
    Are you sure the sim is using Wushoolay and Vision correctly? Does it reapply dots with 100% crit/10 stacks of Electrified?

Honestly, I'm not 100% on it. I was checking around some other places as well before I even did this to see if they had modified the APL at all and I didn't see anything about it. The way 5.1's APL worked was it did check for buffs to determine reapplication so I assumed they just carried over the APL to the 5.2 release.

Obviously, if anyone can find it elsewhere - let me know.