Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xkungx View Post
    as a casual player of wow nowdays.. played hardcore only on tbc, and starting becoming more casual each expansion...
    i still like to pvp, some random bgs, some rbgs, raiding occasionally, and leveling alts, gearing up alts....
    do u guys think i would fit in gws2?
    i didnt play gw1... so my doubt is if with this description if i have chance to like gw2?
    playing this days fifa 2012, fifa manager 2012, some gta, diablo3 (played for 1 month only) and wow...

i really want to try new games..

ty
    • This isn't really the thread to clog this with. Try using the seach function?
    • GW1 is nothing like GW2. Only thing transferable is lore.
    • GW2 is based around a power plateau, not tiered gear progression like WoW and other linear MMOs.
    • sPvP has grabbed a lot of ex -WoW arena players in our guild.
    • There are no instanced raid models like in WoW, 5man dungeons and open-world large scale Dynamic Events are present though.
    Last edited by mmoc37caee976f; 2012-08-17 at 04:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though I've done the human area to death, I'm still going to do it. I really enjoyed the personal story of the human noble, and stopped shortly in so I wouldn't spoil it for myself.

I'll probably have a Sylvari alt for their personal story too, because I heard there were some.. interesting facets to the story. :P

Purely aesthetic/questing wise, I think I enjoyed the human area the most and the Charr the least. Sylvari are a very close second, because their area is aesthetically breath-taking.
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" - George Carlin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xkungx View Post
    as a casual player of wow nowdays.. played hardcore only on tbc, and starting becoming more casual each expansion...
    i still like to pvp, some random bgs, some rbgs, raiding occasionally, and leveling alts, gearing up alts....
    do u guys think i would fit in gws2?
    i didnt play gw1... so my doubt is if with this description if i have chance to like gw2?
    playing this days fifa 2012, fifa manager 2012, some gta, diablo3 (played for 1 month only) and wow...

i really want to try new games..

ty
    if you're a casual player, you gonna LOVE GW2

don't be surprised if you love it so much your hardcore side re-surfaces

GW2 is that amazing

Twitter: @EsmeraldoC

interesting im going to give it a shot hehe.. sorry i figured this wouldnt be the right place to post.. but didnt find any topic that could fit my question..

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    ... for getting as fast as possible to 80. Interesting.

Hm I was lv.17 when I left Queensdale, personally I stay with the unhurried "lore-route" (following the personal story steps).
    The majority of XP comes from doing the events and hearts. It's a huge amount when added up. You'd be slogging through higher level zones at a slower rate alternatively.

If you jump back & forth among tiers you are maximizing the amount of XP/per hour you get. So like jumping straight to Kessex from QD... maybe you spend an hour in Kessex. Only making 50% progress in that hour because you are bound to the area range of your level for the most part.

Where you might tap out of Wayfarer in an hour or so, hit LA and clear QD in an hour & change later.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-17 at 05:33 PM.

Fencers I actually don't agree with your assessment. Higher levelled zones, hearts, and events give much more experience than the ones in the lower levelled areas. While I can see doing 1 or 2 zones extra to pad your levelling, I think it is more beneficial to stick with the designated zone for your level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Norn! Because vikings are cooler then laser midgets.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Taihaku347 View Post
    Fencers I actually don't agree with your assessment. Higher levelled zones, hearts, and events give much more experience than the ones in the lower levelled areas. While I can see doing 1 or 2 zones extra to pad your levelling, I think it is more beneficial to stick with the designated zone for your level.
    well her observation seems reasonable because you'll obviously be faster (and won't die that often) if you have better gear in a downscaled area than before. Rewards aren't that bad in a lowie-area...
    Last edited by Maarius; 2012-08-17 at 07:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whichever one belongs to your starting race, imo. They're all pretty fun, but I always felt out of place going to another race's starting zone.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Also get a boatload of XP that comes from the 100% complete, daily achievements and so on. Which naturally pop by doing a tiered approach to leveling.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-17 at 07:56 PM.

I love the Norn area the most as it appeals to my nomad side and it really fits the viking/Celtic seen. As far as being out leveled in a zone it did not matter, as I was able to kill mobs 14 levels higher then me on the 3 classes I played: Warrior, ranger, Guardian. So as long as I do not get one shot I will be exploring were ever my eyes take me.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Norn! Because vikings are cooler then laser midgets.
    And when you need to relax, there's Keg Brawl in Hoelbrak for some good old-fashioned head bashing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrok- View Post
    I have done Queensdale to death throughout betas, so I'll probably be doing the Sylvari starting zone or the Norn one on launch day
    That is why I stopped after doing the inital quests. I REALLY like the feel of the human zone but I want to save it for my first play through.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Also get a boatload of XP that comes from the 100% complete, daily achievements and so on. Which naturally pop by doing a tiered approach to leveling.
    I like to do all areas before moving forward. I was doing this to other MMOs even if I had to do boring grey quests. So in GW2 it will be way more fun that the content is scaling. Although lot of people say that personal story quests are very rewarding, not only for XP but for gear also and other things, and you have to do it on their level or else the rewards will be useless if you do it later. The question is can you progress your personal quest in an area without do anything else on this area? Without have to complete hearts or waypoints, e.t.c. Just to go there, do your personal story and then go back to a previous tiered area to continue? Or is it tide with the area and ask you for example to help x people in tha tarea, meaning it takes you to play the area eventually(this how epic story in lotro works btw)?

If I have to chose between completing my personal story quest on level and have a tiered approach to leveling, then it will my personal story probably
    Last edited by papajohn4; 2012-08-18 at 10:42 AM.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Will we not need to do at least 2 starter areas or risk hitting a level wall?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Will we not need to do at least 2 starter areas or risk hitting a level wall?
    From my experience if you do the 100% zone completion, do every DE you come across, do the personal story and a bit of crafting on the side (with the mats you collected while completing the zone) you out lvl the starting areas by 2-3 lvls without realizing it.
    Last edited by mmoc77cd96e260; 2012-08-18 at 10:57 AM.

Deleted
    I've played Queensdale to death but I want to do the story and stuff on my human.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    If I understand correctly, Queensdale is 1-15 level. There are parts of the map that have mobs with different level from 1 to 15. So if I first do the Norn starting area and go level 15 and then move to Queensdale, how this will work with sidekicking? When I go to the part of the map that there are mobs 5 level I will be 5 level? or I will be 15 level and I will fight mobs level 5 or so during my try to complete the queensdale map?
    You dont sidekick, you scale down to a lvl appropiate for that area (not zone.)

Example: Queensdale is 1-15. You are level 15 after completing MP (Asuran starter zone.) You make your way to QD (Queensdale.) You enter QD from Divinity's Reach. You are now level two as you start in QD level two after completing the "tutorial." Yes, you will keep your traits and skills so you are slightly stronger then real level two's, but not you can faceroll through everything.

This downscaling works in ever aspect of the game which makes everything viable even if you are 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Scram View Post
    I was curious for all of you players who tried multiple starting areas which do you recommend and why?
    Comparing how easy it is to jump from starting area to staring area via the Azura gates in the capitols, I'd say play them all... If you want to do one that you don't risk under leveling to quickly I would say do the 1-6 of the Norn zone fist and then from there do whatever one you liked the best since some of the starting zones you risk hitting level 8 content while still level 4ish depending on what DEs happen while your there. I enjoyed them all, I just found the Norn one had the best starting xp to content ratio, though probably not the funnest of them, Charr one seemed the worst xp:content ratio where you end up in level 8 content at barley level 4 due to few DEs and fewest hearts of all the starting zones.

Either way it doesn't matter which you do first due to its not like you can out level the content, yes you are a lot more powerful and almost to easy for the 1-6 content if your being downscaled but its not faceroll stupid easy either after down scaling.... the downscaling seems a lot more balanced at higher levels then stat of the starting 1-6 parts of the areas, like being 30 down scaled to 18 you don't 2 shot everything like you do being down scaled from 10 to 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    You dont sidekick, you scale down to a lvl appropiate for that area (not zone.)

Example: Queensdale is 1-15. You are level 15 after completing MP (Asuran starter zone.) You make your way to QD (Queensdale.) You enter QD from Divinity's Reach. You are now level two as you start in QD level two after completing the "tutorial." Yes, you will keep your traits and skills so you are slightly stronger then real level two's, but not you can faceroll through everything.

This downscaling works in ever aspect of the game which makes everything viable even if you are 80.
    ah nice, thanks
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.