Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I'm not the type that's able to glean much from watching others play. It looks interesting, but then so did other games I've tried and didn't like. I'm also wary since there's a lot of hype surrounding this game. I'd already planned to wait until at least a month after release to see how people who'd had an adequate amount of time to play it felt.

I mean, if there's not going to be any trial before the end of the year there's nothing I can do about that other than to say it's disappointing. I can definitely say that "in a year or two" I will not be interested in trying GW2.
    Well, if you found another game in a year or two then you will be happy then =) But wait a couple of months if you feel better and will have easier make a decision on reviews and stuff. Even if there's a hype you dont need to rush if you havent fallen for it or are really interested in the game or just have extra money to spend. Always good to think twice before buying things if you have limited cash, and you dont really get punished for joining in the game later, I can imagine people will join in the game daily for quite many of the upcoming months.

Deleted
    Lane , just w8 for a month , and ask Fencers for her opinion :P
    Shes the most objective(neutral) among us :P
    (and total mean , infacting drunked ppl !)
    Last edited by mmocd9c65c8d53; 2012-08-18 at 02:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW always had a free trial. Friend trial codes were included in every box from the beginning (I started playing on a trial account way back in early 2005). However, it seems now that when ppl see `free trial` they automatically think the game must suck. I have no idea why honestly. I agree it`s good marketing and I'd like to see Anet do it- but with the bad taste that ToR left in a lot of gamer's mouths you'll likely have ppl crying "fail" if they did.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Then don't make the assumption that I'm not poor and that getting new games is not a luxury for me, and that your case is particularly special or different from anybody else who's in a financially bad situation. =\
    I wasn't aware that I did? I was merely speaking for myself. I don't know anything about you other than you were apparently willing to blindly toss more money than you make in a week at a game you'd never played and don't seem to hesitate suggesting to others that they do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Plzbegentle View Post
    Lane , just w8 for a month , and ask Fencers for her opinion :P
    Shes the most objective(neutral) among us :P
    (and total mean , infacting drunked ppl !)
    Best advice I've read yet. :P I <3 Fencers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwoe View Post
    WoW always had a free trial.
    Always? No. Not always.

WoW has a subscription anyways, for them a free trial is understandable. A free trial for a one-time purchase, I might as well have asked for a free trial of Skyrim.

---------- Post added 2012-08-18 at 09:40 AM ----------

I wasn't aware that I did? I was merely speaking for myself. I don't know anything about you other than you were apparently willing to blindly toss more money than you make in a week at a game you'd never played and don't seem to hesitate suggesting to others that they do the same.
    Blindly? It wasn't blind. I did my research. You make the claim that watching videos doesn't give you a good "feel" for the game, but you'd be surprised just how telling they can be.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I don't, surprisingly. I have two friends on the fence and the rest are either diehard WoW players or have quit MMOs entirely.
    Oh my god. its like................. its like we're twin souls T_T

I'm in the exact same boat as you are in EVERYTHING you've said.

I'm an extremely poor gamer. I don't have the luxury of buying new games very often so, no, I'm not willing to gamble $60 when I'm not even sure I'd make it out of the starting zone (which has happened before in other games). This is precisely why I wanted to try it first. As long as I know I'll get a decent amount of play time out of it then I'd consider it a sound purchase worthy of my small entertainment budget.
    Exactly the same boat. While I'm not exactly what you'd call "poor", videogames are prohibitively expensive on my country. Guild Wars 2 costs a whooping 800.000 Bolivares (and I make 1.600.000 a month) so I can't exactly buy based off leaps of faith.

What company these days isn't interested in making more money? I'm not saying GW2 ever has to have trials, but if they don't then they're willingly not tapping potential customers. I can only speak for myself, but (including myself) I know of 3 potential sales they're not getting right now because we weren't able to try out the game. Two of them are now more likely to buy MoP and possibly never buy GW2. Maybe that doesn't mean much to you or the other person who said they're glad there are no trials, but it's still profit not gained by them not reaching out to as many potential customers as they could. I just have a difficult time believing anyone in this business is saying, "We've sold too many copies, don't entice anyone else to buy the game!"
    My point exactly. Its not about whether or not GW2 "needs" trials to boost its popularity. Lets say it doesn't. lets say its ultra popular and it becomes the next "big thing". By not having trials, they're still making less money than they would otherwise, because there are some customers (like myself) who like to have hands-on experience in a game before risking an investment of our very limited money. Its just a bad business move if they refuse. Having free trials, they have everything to gain, and absolutely nothing to lose.

I'm not the type that's able to glean much from watching others play. It looks interesting, but then so did other games I've tried and didn't like. I'm also wary since there's a lot of hype surrounding this game. I'd already planned to wait until at least a month after release to see how people who'd had an adequate amount of time to play it felt.
    EXACTLY (again, seriously, you're scaring me, its like we're twins xD). I've watched over 40 hours of gameplay on this game in youtube, and yet, watching someone else play is NEVER the same as actually playing. I saw a lot of footage of the cataclysm beta, and it looked fun, then I actually played cataclysm and it was the least fun expansion in all of wow. I saw a lot of footage of Fable 3, and again, it looked incredibly fun, then I played it and felt like I wasted my money in the worst possible way.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Silly reason to be wary. Hype is nothing but attention, which is very much good for a game. More hype means more people looking at the game which means more people paying for it and playing it. GW2 hasn't even gotten it through shady advertising and CGI trailers like certain sci-fi MMOs did, they've garnered their hype through word-of-mouth and social media, spread by people with actual gameplay experience.
    Not necessarily. The more a game is hyped, the more unrealistic the expectations of it becomes. Look at SWTOR. I had never seen a game more hyped before. People played the beta and had nothing but praise and praise of the game, over and over. I heard over 50 people in wow (half from my own guild) saying how much they enjoyed the betas and stress tests, and when it came out, it received lots of awards, lots of attention, lots of praise.

Look where it is now.

I'm not saying that's gonna happen to GW2 (come on, I don't have a magic 8-ball in my hand that can accurately predict the future. I'll make one in my Asura Engineer, but I digress) however I am saying that a game with a lot of hype has to be approached carefully, because is MUCH harder to distinguish between genuine feedback, and simple robotic praise/hatred. Back when people were reviewing SWTOR based on their beta impressions either they were part of the hype bandwagon saying NOTHING but praise and how it was the greatest thing since chocolate pudding, or they were on the hate bandwagon saying it was an unplayable mess and was the worst thing to happen since Rob Schneider. Same thing is happening in this game.

I've done my homework, I've read and seen several reviews by people who played the beta, and its SWTOR all over again. Its either people praising EVERYTHING in the game, and hating absolutely nothing at all, or people hating EVERYTHING and praising absolutely nothing at all. Nobody is being objective, nobody is being neutral, or unbiased. They all belong to the love or hate club. So I am wary about games like that. Because they have a 50/50 shot at being great or lame.

I mean it, not a single review that says "well I loved this and this and this and that, but I disliked this and this and this and that, and I also think X feature needs the following improvements, and Y could be a lot more fun if this is tweaked"

Nope, all the reviews I've seen are: "OHH MY GOD THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER MADE, ITS GONNA BE A LANDMARK IN HISTORY, ITS BETTER THAN SEX AND BETTER THAN DRUGS"

or alternatively:

"THIS GAME SUCKS, ITS A SHIT GAME FOR SHIT PLAYERS AND ITS GONNA FAIL HARD"

I have yet to see a neutral review. How can I draw any realistic conclusion if all the feedback I'm getting is either 100% win or 100% lose? The only real feedback I can trust, is my own feedback, gained by actually playing the game, rather than seeing someone play, or reading someone who played. Their opinion is not the same as mine, what they may find boring I could find fun, and what they could find annoying I could find engaging, there's also the fact that what someone may find fun, I could find repetitive and stupid, and what they could find engaging I could find annoying. And this is why trials are the best form of publicity an MMO could ever ask for.

Also, serious question: did you ever ask for a free trial of Skyrim? Assassin's Creed? Diablo 3? Starcraft 2? Bioshock? Half Life 2? Mass Effect? Any of the Halo games?
    Customers shouldn't need to ask, its common courtesy to offer demos of the game to see if its worth investing time and money on them. And BTW Half-life 2, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Bioshock, Starcraft 1, All the Halo games, Assassins Creed and MANY other games, have all had demos. Skyrim didn't, and yet skyrim is one of the very very rare examples of a game that was hyped the crap out of, and ended up meeting the expectations, however cases like that are the exception, not the norm. When a game is overly hyped, it ends up being a bust (look at D3)

I'm just saying, this game costs just as much as any of the great single-player games that have come out over the past few years. What makes it so different?
    That some people have a limited budget. You already stated that your salary is limited yet you can still afford games. To which I ask of you, Are you a family man? you have any mouths to feed apart from your own? are you paying a car? are you paying a house? if you don't own your house, are you paying any rent? are you married? your spouse works too? do you live by yourself? or live with your parents/a roommate? Do you live in a country where 60 US dollars is a lot of money?

These are all very important factors apart from your job that determine whether or not you can afford any game on a regular basis. And I'm just delicately saying its not really your place to judge whether or not investing 60 bucks on a game is a trivial matter. For some people its not.
    Last edited by Derah; 2012-08-18 at 03:06 PM.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Deleted
    I realy hope they will do a trial from the start , but not free (upgradable to full account) .
    2 Euros for 5 days playtime , or 5 euro for 10 days (demo) .
    By giving them the oprotunity to expiriance WvWvW + BGs (unlocking everthing) . u ensure 110% that the player will buy the game , instead of throwing him into a desserted area and ask him to kill mobs
    Last edited by mmocd9c65c8d53; 2012-08-18 at 02:55 PM.

Hey, there's lots of ways they could get people to test the game, one way would be to do what SWTOR did. Trial-by-Invite. So you can test the game for a limited amount of days/hours only if someone who already bought the game invites you. Its a great way to promote the game, and it encourages current players to "spread the word" so to speak. They could pepper it by offering the current players who successfully invite a new player a reward of some sort (like the mounts in world of warcraft, they could do that here with something universal that everyone loves: HATS! HATS FOR EVERYONE!)

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Deleted
    If they ever going to do a trial, i hope its like this, play for 2 hours, then if you want to continue to play, buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    EXACTLY (again, seriously, you're scaring me, its like we're twins xD). I've watched over 40 hours of gameplay on this game in youtube, and yet, watching someone else play is NEVER the same as actually playing. I saw a lot of footage of the cataclysm beta, and it looked fun, then I actually played cataclysm and it was the least fun expansion in all of wow. I saw a lot of footage of Fable 3, and again, it looked incredibly fun, then I played it and felt like I wasted my money in the worst possible way.
    Same! Oh, I made a HUGE mistake with Cataclysm. I actually did get to play the beta, but because I'd spoiled myself by overplaying the betas of the previous expansions I decided to limit what I did so I wouldn't burn out on the content as quickly. It turned out to be the second (only to Tera :P) biggest waste of money I've spent on gaming in the last 2 years. I ended up quitting WoW a month after Cataclysm's release and I can't honestly say I enjoyed that last month either. I loathed the 80-85 experience. The only good that came of it was it completely cured my WoW addiction. :\

I've done my homework, I've read and seen several reviews by people who played the beta, and its SWTOR all over again. Its either people praising EVERYTHING in the game, and hating absolutely nothing at all, or people hating EVERYTHING and praising absolutely nothing at all. Nobody is being objective, nobody is being neutral, or unbiased. They all belong to the love or hate club. So I am wary about games like that. Because they have a 50/50 shot at being great or lame.
    This too. As I mentioned, I'm particularly gun shy due to the severe disappointment suffered with Tera. Two weeks after release the game was on sale for 50% off so already I felt like I'd unnecessarily wasted $30. Not to mention that for all its initial glamor the game ended up having NO substance. Had I waited a month after release to find out how people felt about the game I could have saved myself $60. At the time, though, everyone was praising Tera up and down because it was so beautiful and the combat was so much fun. Technically that was true. It wasn't until later in the game it became glaringly apparent how deeply flawed the game really is.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    If they ever going to do a trial, i hope its like this, play for 2 hours, then if you want to continue to play, buy it.
    I'm beginning to feel like there's an exclusive pre-order club that doesn't want other people playing this game. O_o I mean, 2 hours? I spend longer than that in character creation. :P I wasn't even sure a single beta weekend was going to be enough time for me to make up my mind. Can you even finish a starting zone in that amount of time? Forget about trying more than one class.
    Last edited by Lane; 2012-08-18 at 03:34 PM.

Deleted
    I'm beginning to feel like there's an exclusive pre-order club that doesn't want other people playing this game. O_o I mean, 2 hours? I spend longer than that in character creation. :P I wasn't even sure a single beta weekend was going to be enough time for me to make up my mind. Can you even finish a starting zone in that amount of time? Forget about trying more than one class.
    Put down what ever time you feel like then, 2h,6h,12h,24h, but at some point they have to draw the line to make money and not have a bunch of freeloaders. you wanna play the game you buy it, simple.
    Last edited by mmoc2f42a3101f; 2012-08-18 at 03:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t think there will be trials any time soon because of the “no subscription fee” thing ^^

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they put friend codes in the boxes/emails with live codes (or maybe even just CE boxes, who knows) for X hours/X days just like they did with every release of GW1 campaigns (I'm trying to remember if the Prophecies box had a friend code in it...), but don't expect a real free trial for months if not at least a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, there's lots of ways they could get people to test the game, one way would be to do what SWTOR did. Trial-by-Invite. So you can test the game for a limited amount of days/hours only if someone who already bought the game invites you. Its a great way to promote the game, and it encourages current players to "spread the word" so to speak. They could pepper it by offering the current players who successfully invite a new player a reward of some sort (like the mounts in world of warcraft, they could do that here with something universal that everyone loves: HATS! HATS FOR EVERYONE!)
    There could be a monthly invite for 5~ hours for a friend of yours, so he/she can know about the game by quickly spreading the word.

PS just for derah:
    Parece que la economía de tu país no está muy estable, tan caro esta GW2? digo, el dolar está tan alto en venezuela?
    <"Seems like the economy of your country is kind of unstable, is gw2 really that expensive there?">
    Last edited by barackopala; 2012-08-18 at 04:24 PM.

Not necessarily. The more a game is hyped, the more unrealistic the expectations of it becomes. Look at SWTOR. I had never seen a game more hyped before. People played the beta and had nothing but praise and praise of the game, over and over. I heard over 50 people in wow (half from my own guild) saying how much they enjoyed the betas and stress tests, and when it came out, it received lots of awards, lots of attention, lots of praise.

Look where it is now.
    Really? Only praise? You must watch the wrong type of people then because most of the people I heard talk about ToRs beta was basically "Its KotoR 3 with a tacked on uninspired MMO aspect" "Only worth playing for the story and then unsubing" "feels unfinished and being pushed out the doors before its ready" "Great single player extention of the KotoR series but just so so as far as the MMO part goes"

As for me I played in the beta and knew quit well what I was buying before hand, I was buying a rental of KotoR 3 with clunky combat to play through for the story and then to unsub until they add more to the story. I knew well before spending a dime on it that it was not a game I would be paying a sub fee every month for, that I was buying it for KotoR 3... just because I don't still sub doesn't mean it wasn't a good game for me, it was just that it was a good single player game that happened to have MMO tacked onto it to try to milk the conclusion to a trilogy that people had wanted for many years, same reason some of the decisions where done for ME3 such as the day one $10 DLC, they knew people would buy it regardless because its the third of a trilogy.

But anyways that's really off topic of the OP. As for a free trial, I don't see any harm one way or the other in having or not having one, though highly unlikely to have within the first 3 months since you want to make sure everything is stable before accidentally giving first wrong impressions about the game. A x hour limit for PvP, 15 level, 1 character at a time limit free trial would probably do good for them since it would let people get the feel for the game without being able to really do anything in the 16-80 zones, you don't really need to limit the time to play the PvE part of a demo if you just cap the level low, the PvP needs to be time capped or people only interested in PvP would never feel a need to buy it.

Either way I am not against a early demo, but I would prefer that if/when they do a demo that they have given enough time to iron out any issues that would give a sour taste to a potential buyer due to unforeseen bugs at launch.

10+ Year Old Account

Look where it is now.

I'm not saying that's gonna happen to GW2 (come on, I don't have a magic 8-ball in my hand that can accurately predict the future. I'll make one in my Asura Engineer, but I digress) however I am saying that a game with a lot of hype has to be approached carefully, because is MUCH harder to distinguish between genuine feedback, and simple robotic praise/hatred. Back when people were reviewing SWTOR based on their beta impressions either they were part of the hype bandwagon saying NOTHING but praise and how it was the greatest thing since chocolate pudding, or they were on the hate bandwagon saying it was an unplayable mess and was the worst thing to happen since Rob Schneider. Same thing is happening in this game.

I mean it, not a single review that says "well I loved this and this and this and that, but I disliked this and this and this and that, and I also think X feature needs the following improvements, and Y could be a lot more fun if this is tweaked"

Nope, all the reviews I've seen are: "OHH MY GOD THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER MADE, ITS GONNA BE A LANDMARK IN HISTORY, ITS BETTER THAN SEX AND BETTER THAN DRUGS"

or alternatively:

"THIS GAME SUCKS, ITS A SHIT GAME FOR SHIT PLAYERS AND ITS GONNA FAIL HARD"

I have yet to see a neutral review. How can I draw any realistic conclusion if all the feedback I'm getting is either 100% win or 100% lose? The only real feedback I can trust, is my own feedback, gained by actually playing the game, rather than seeing someone play, or reading someone who played. Their opinion is not the same as mine, what they may find boring I could find fun, and what they could find annoying I could find engaging, there's also the fact that what someone may find fun, I could find repetitive and stupid, and what they could find engaging I could find annoying. And this is why trials are the best form of publicity an MMO could ever ask for.
    Here is a neutral review. No one can rip apart a game like Mike B (if you've ever seen his review on Final Fantasy XIV you'd know what I mean)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SMYW3tvYeE

It's a good starting point is to find a game reviewer or a friend that has similar tastes to your own. For instance, I have a RL friend that was giving Swtor 5 stars. Now my starting point with that was we often like different kinds of games and I'm not into sci-fi. So no matter how much he said he liked it, it wasn't going to convince me to buy it.

If after seeing all the gameplay footage you've seen, if you're still have doubts, chances are it probably isn't the game for you. And face it, no trial is going to tell you how well a game will be doing 6 months or 5 years into the future.

With such a big launch day approaching for GW2, it would be very unwise for Arenanet to throw such a huge variable as a free trial into the mix.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2012-08-18 at 05:22 PM.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    The more a game is hyped, the more unrealistic the expectations of it becomes.
    Fully disagree with this. I see more blind GW2 hatred spewed about than blind GW2 fanboyism. Can't have one without the other.

The thing about SWTOR is that all the hype for it was 100% good. There was nothing bad about it's hype, at all. You know why?

Because they made a metric fuckton of money from it, and got millions of players to play the game.

Once those players were playing the game, whether or not the game was good or bad had nothing to do with the hype. Most of the SWTOR hype was just because it was Star Wars, though, so there wasn't much chance for the hype to be justified.

---------- Post added 2012-08-18 at 12:49 PM ----------

Then you need to get new sources, because that's not what I've seen at all.

---------- Post added 2012-08-18 at 12:55 PM ----------

And BTW Half-life 2, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Bioshock, Starcraft 1, All the Halo games, Assassins Creed and MANY other games, have all had demos.
    I never had access to or knowledge of any of those demos. *shrugs*

---------- Post added 2012-08-18 at 12:57 PM ----------

This too. As I mentioned, I'm particularly gun shy due to the severe disappointment suffered with Tera. Two weeks after release the game was on sale for 50% off so already I felt like I'd unnecessarily wasted $30. Not to mention that for all its initial glamor the game ended up having NO substance. Had I waited a month after release to find out how people felt about the game I could have saved myself $60. At the time, though, everyone was praising Tera up and down because it was so beautiful and the combat was so much fun. Technically that was true. It wasn't until later in the game it became glaringly apparent how deeply flawed the game really is.
    After 240+ gameplay hours already gained from beta access, I'm 99% positive GW2 has plenty of substance. People aren't praising GW2 on just one factor, or just a handful of factors. I praise the game on a large number of factors, and have only a few small qualms - like the story-writing being cliche/simplistic, and the fact that traits are tiered.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-18 at 05:55 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

But WHY? Again, Trials are used for advertisement, not for desperation. Its the same principle behind free samples of soap and shampoo, if Head&Shoulders gives you a tiny mini-bottle of free shampoo are you gonna say "wow, they're really hitting rock bottom" or would you rather just test the shampoo and then decide if you want to buy more or not?
    As someone put you need shampoo, you don't need games (no matter how much people will argue about it). And yes we agree trials ARE used for advertisement (even in desperation, which regardless is what people DO use it for as well) but it's a tool to be used wisely, and most games do not. Which is my point. It's no surprise how most mmos are going, sell the game > demo it out > demo it out more and deeper > free to play. Its a cycle that puts a step back into peoples mind about it. And with games that I did buy the game and that stuff happened, I feel cheated lol, no joke.

It makes no sense that people now consider advertisement to be an act of desperation. Games need to be advertised, otherwise how is people supposed to know them? and while trailers and videos can show you what the game looks like, playing > watching someone else play ANY DAY OF THE YEAR.
    What makes little sense is you enforcing that demos are the "only" way to go and that all should do it. I know you will say that you are not saying that, and you are not but you simply can't argue with the fact that there are so many tools that work very well for advertisement without handling a demo out. Of course play the game beats watching any day, but that's the gamer point of view not the company. I dare say some companies make profit without demo all the same.

Maybe back then it didn't had a free trial, but eventually it did. Same will happen here. Its not a matter of "if" there's gonna be a trial, its just a matter of "when" there's gonna be a trial.
    Mileages may vary, its impossible to know when they will do it, at least not till they announce it, could be 6 months, could be a year, could be 5 years, but it's gonna happen. Yes or yes. No buts.
    Yeah, I think gw2 is bound to have a free trial at some point, but from the strict point of a MMO with no sub, I would say way later rather than soon if the company is any indication.

Wrong. Bioware released demos for Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age 2, and even a bit of Dragon Age 1.

And bioware is not a fledgling or indie company trying to make it in the world of competitive gaming, they're an old company with over 15 years of experience in the market.

Valve released demos for Half-Life and SWAT 4, and this is also another mainstream company.
    Well, while I do no appreciate your way to put it , I think you have advertising it a little bit "distorted". Demos for Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3 and so on do not have the intent to make you purchase it, but to get hyped about it. People are expecting, people that already were adamant to buy it mind you, so why not give them a little taste of what's to come? As collateral you might get a bigger hype and some side interest but I do believe it's made for mainly the ones faithful to the series.

Again, wrong, the idea of a demo is to advertise your game, give a free sample, kinda like teasing, let them see just barely enough to wet the appetite, and then snatch back, and wait for them to see if they wanna take the next step. Deus Ex Human Revolution released a demo of the game several months before launch, and it was so good, at launch that game sold like hot cakes. Ditto for Half-Life (Won multiple awards with its demo) and the same goes for Mass Effect 3.

For the last time, free samples are for advertisement, not a scream of "HELP WE NEED MONEY NOW!!!!". Anet would be very dumb if they didn't released a trial later on. Though as has been said, its unrealistic to expect a trial any time soon. IMO we wont see one at least for 5 to 6 months min.
    See above as the idea behind the demo's might be different as well. You would be surprised actually with how many people will play the demo and not buy the game. Demo's might just not be the best way to get new players as well, even tho it feels like it in the gamers perspective. So no, I do not think I'm wrong, even less "again". Deus ex was bound to sell tons just the same, again was about the hype not sales.
    Last edited by Zilong; 2012-08-18 at 06:39 PM.

It is like asking free trial for Skyrim or any other single player game. You will only pay once, if you can pay for a game like skyrim on release you can pay this one also.

They already distributed enough beta keys so anyone could try the game.

Maybe after 3-5 months they may lower the price or open free trials until lvl 10.

Well, according to Reddit rankings, /r/GuildWars2 is better than /r/sex.