Starter zone question

So myself and my buddy will probably create different races but we want to level with each-other as early as possible. Is there a free summon or something available or do we have to fight our way to each other?

Tah
    Cake!

Fastest way to to run to your races home city, take Asura gate to Lion's Arch, then take the Asura gate to your friends racial city.

Also, if you level together as separate races, one of you won't be able to progress your personal story.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodrin View Post
    Fastest way to to run to your races home city, take Asura gate to Lion's Arch, then take the Asura gate to your friends racial city.

Also, if you level together as separate races, one of you won't be able to progress your personal story.
    Looks like we're gonna have to re-think the different races so!
    Cake!

I was under the impression that the personal story was just a series of quests?

If it prevents you from doing anything other than the "group leader's" personal story, surely the easy way to get around that is to reform the group with the other person as the leader... :/

#2 post is incorrect on multiple points:

1. Fastest way to join each other is to finish prologue (takes a few minutes), then agree which city you will start it. Then person whose city was not chosen opens his hero menu, clicks image of crossed swords (mists tab) and presses "go to the mists" buttons. Quickly run through the mists to the Lion's Arch portal, go a bit north and go through the portal to the city you chose to start your levelling in. You're set to go.

2. You can experience personal story together and even gain experience from it. The issue is that you won't be able to experience both stories unless you go and do them both. You can however invite each other to join for all personal story events. Essentially this happens by the person who isn't doing his personal story selecting "I want to join for personal story instance" every time it pops up when other party member goes to personal story instance. Person who isn't doing his personal story will likely end up a bit behind on EXP however, as personal story quest completion makes for a significant chunk of total EXP.

Quote Originally Posted by Szyrex View Post
    Looks like we're gonna have to re-think the different races so!
    Personal stories will be separate regardless based off of choices, I'm pretty sure you will have to do your personal stories separately no matter what. You can do the stories with each other, you just won't be able to do them both at once.

i think what dodrin was trying to say was, If your leveling as seperate races you will still have to go back to your own races area to do personal story. Unless you pick the same race and the same Bio your going to have different personal stories. But you dont have to do personal story missions to level. So if your friend wants to be a norn and you wanna be asura, you can go to the norn zone right after you finish the tutorial. But when in the norn area it will be easier to get to his personal story missions that are based around the norn area where yours are based around the asura area. So you will both have to travel back to do yours.

My family have been playing together through the beta weekends, and the way we handle this is by simply taking time apart each day to work on trade skills, personal story, etc. If one of us needs help with a personal story quest, then the others tag along. We don't normally do them all together tho, since we are all a bunch of altaholics, and you know, spoilers and all that.
    Last edited by Mechanibull; 2012-08-20 at 02:47 PM.