Page 16 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Right and Obama is just another human being. What he says doesn't matter one bit. Of course nobody takes that position seriously. Jay is obviously a human being but his position gives him a bit more status than just that and subsequently his words are weighted more carefully.
    Didn't I just say it's not our concern besides being BAD PR? Yet people who aren't David Brevik act like Jay killed their dog.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Lol i can't wait to see the damage control as a result of this.

D3 was a terrible and unfinished game, and the interview was asking honest questions to which honest responses were given. Jay Wilson (and the rest of the WoW and Blizzard devs) currently don't like anything negative being assosciated with the dodgey quality they are producing.

IMO they'd wanna hope they didn't have any future time or plans wasted on another diablo product, because well, its GG.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    That's what I referred to with "being defensive". I never said you trash talked anyone; I said it happens every day on FB, what justifies that?
    In that case, what justifies you trash talking anyone on Facebook or any other person trash talking others on Facebook?
    I'm starting to feel like you're falling off the right track here, and i'm the one keeping you on it...

It seems you're trying to avoid the valid truths people are pointing out by simply labelling them just as childish as Jay was.

@ Mackeyser, great post
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Jays words are frustration, yes. But it's not something he DIDN'T say.

We have David on one side who made a game that actually added to the Blizzard mythos and the fact they were an awesome developement team that always got it right or kept it in-house till it was. David is highly revered in the Diablo community.
    We have Jay who has made a game that, yes, sold BUCKETLOADS. It sold based on the work of David and HIS team and Diablo 1 and 2. It wasn't like people played the demo and thought "wow, this is amazing". They were already down to buy it based on it's predigre.
    David has a fairly reserved opinion in an interview about it... probably not being amazing but cutting the team a lot of slack for it.
    Jay rants about him (somewhere he thought was private ofc but still) and has the nerve to call the guy a looser?

David:
    Made diablo 1 & 2. Helped Blizzard be seen as an amazing publisher.

Jay:
    Made diablo 3, universally hated by most of the fan base and another boulder rolling down the slippery slope that is Blizzards reputation.

Davids totally the loser here, yup, I completely agree /sarcasm.
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2012-08-20 at 11:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't I just say it's not our concern besides being BAD PR? Yet people who aren't David Brevik act like Jay killed their dog.
    It's not just bad PR. It also tells us that Jay is clearly pissed and that he values Breviks word to an extent. I mean if it was just me who wrote that article he'd probably never even read it let alone react to it. But his peer doing it, well that's a different story. Add that to the mass outcry of anger about the game coming from customers I think it's a safe bet to say Jay Wilson is mad bro. He's pissed about the reaction to the game. Now if he was so convinced the game was good then why would he be so mad about any of this? No he knows he fucked the pouch big time and he's mad at himself, mad at the game, and mad at having to hear about it so often from every fucking direction. And....

I understand why he's mad. I would be to. I hope he takes it and runs with it and does something constructively with it. While I don't agree with every change they've made, I like alot of them and if they keep this lvl of commitment to the product I'm sure we'll have a fine Diablo 3 game shortly before the next expansion comes out. Oh wait...
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-08-20 at 11:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Funt Case View Post
    I pointed it out because if you dont like the game, dont play it?

The majority of people who dislike things and need to voice it to a huge community instead of the one (person)company it actually matters are just doing it harm the company.

You dont like it? fine, maybe tell your friends. Why do you feel the need to tell everyone you dislike the game?
    Why do you need to tell everyone you like it. If they just listen to oh and buy it they may waste their money, if they get a balanced range of opinions they can make a more informed decision. Also not sure why you think bliz needs you to white knight for them, ESP in this thread considering its subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Some of their "ideas" would have been simply vetoed by the management. A game designer can do stuff, but can't go against the business policy.[COLOR="red"]
    on what authority would this be? some of their "idea's" is what helped make blizzard a multi billion dollar company and made action rpg's popular, period. endless amounts of companies have tried to copy what that design team did with d1/d2, you better fucking believe they wouldnt have idea's vetoed.

Deleted
    I'm confused what is Diablo now? The developers keep telling me that if I played it single player like I did in D2 I was doing it wrong and that's why it has to be online only. Fans keep telling me no it's single player but they just had to make it online to stop dupes and bots because well it really hasn't do that.
    Well only real reason they made it online is that it's extremely hard to pirate this game. To this day there isnt a working ware version of D3. They would have lost millions in sales if they would not made online requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    Jays words are frustration, yes. But it's not something he DIDN'T say.

We have David on one side who made a game that actually added to the Blizzard mythos and the fact they were an awesome developement team that always got it right or kept it in-house till it was. David is highly revered in the Diablo community.
    We have Jay who has made a game that, yes, sold BUCKETLOADS. It sold based on the work of David and HIS team and Diablo 1 and 2. It wasn't like people played the demo and thought "wow, this is amazing". They were already down to buy it based on it's predigre.
    So they ignored the whole games development and just bought it because of the name?
    It seems like you're trying to say is the community who didn't like Diablo 3 are stupid consumers?

People are god damn fragile these days, stop making such a fucking issue of nothing. Half of you are acting as if the comment was aimed directly at you, just leave them be to sort their issues out. Jesus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rigoremortis View Post
    on what authority would this be? some of their "idea's" is what helped make blizzard a multi billion dollar company and made action rpg's popular, period. endless amounts of companies have tried to copy what that design team did with d1/d2, you better fucking believe they wouldnt have idea's vetoed.
    It depends man. Let's not fuck around here, if the stated goals and ideas don't match up with plans for revenue streams guess what goes out the door. Diablo 2 was probably to good of a game. If they made a genuinely good sequel, not only would it serve to detract people from World of Warcraft but probably from future Blizzard purchases. Like why buy MoP or Starcraft HOTS if D3 consumes all your time and you abuse the crap out of it's B2P model? The B2P model from a Blizzard/ATVI standpoint was probably to good of a give up for customers especially since it had the potential to draw them away from WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    How so? It's not a sub-based game. Like all single-player (which is mostly is) games, people don't play and play and play and play forever. Like D1 and D2, the initial hype has ended.
    Oh, but it is. You are just paying it indirectly through the RMAH.

Also, Forbes has picked up the story - this is good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Funt Case View Post
    Why do you feel the need to tell everyone you dislike the game?
    i dont know about the person you're quoting, but for me personally, having spent countless hours in D1/D2, beta testing both, and having a true love for the series, to have such a pile of shit handed to me after 12 years of waiting....i think i'd be a little vocally pissed about it too, lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    Well only real reason they made it online is that it's extremely hard to pirate this game. To this day there isnt a working ware version of D3. They would have lost millions in sales if they would not made online requirement.
    No pirate servers yet? Give it time. We will see the game pirated soon enough. That isn't the only factor, although I agree it certainly is a factor. I expect concerns for the games Economy were at the heart of this decision.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-08-20 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    I'm starting to feel like you're falling off the right track here, and i'm the one keeping you on it...

It seems you're trying to avoid the valid truths people are pointing out by simply labelling them just as childish as Jay was.

@ Mackeyser, great post

In that case, what justifies you trash talking anyone on Facebook or any other person trash talking others on Facebook?
    Ahem?..

What?

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

It depends man. Let's not fuck around here, if the stated goals and ideas don't match up with plans for revenue streams guess what goes out the door. Diablo 2 was probably to good of a game. If they made a genuinely good sequel, not only would it serve to detract people from World of Warcraft but probably from future Blizzard purchases. Like why buy MoP or Starcraft HOTS if D3 consumes all your time and you abuse the crap out of it's B2P model? The B2P model from a Blizzard/ATVI standpoint was probably to good of a give up for customers especially since it had the potential to draw them away from WoW.
    the original blizzard wouldnt of worked on this mindset, they (much like the teams that made d1/d2) only gave a shit about their customers, and that in turn made them boatloads of money and popularity, now its the other way around, they're only giving a shit about profits, and its hurting them.

ie when you care a great deal about customers happiness and satisfaction, you can literally build a multi billion dollar company off of only 3 game titles, because they go hand in hand, a happy customer is a continual customer, and an original blizzard fan would of made time to play all their games, now they only care about their profits, and its having an adversely negative affect. EA would be a good example of this (I used to work for them for a number of years).
    Last edited by rigoremortis; 2012-08-20 at 11:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brofister View Post
    Yeah, and let's look at the results. A million cover shooters with chest high walls and regenerating health, day one on-disc DLC where they sell parts of their games which should already be in the game to you, dumbed down simplified games that sacrifice depth and replayability for $$$, franchises like Jagged Alliance and Diablo turned into shells of their former selves. Yeah, they've adapted alright.
    Yes, they do all this. But there are economical and social reasons for this, which makes it a social phenomenon, not just some guy wanting more money.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Tyratops View Post
    People are god damn fragile these days, stop making such a fucking issue of nothing. Half of you are acting as if the comment was aimed directly at you, just leave them be to sort their issues out. Jesus.
    Agree with this 100%.
    But look at how soon we're all forgotten. The abyss of endless time that swallows it all. The emptiness of those applauding hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rigoremortis View Post
    the original blizzard wouldnt of worked on this mindset, they (much like the teams that made d1/d2) only gave a shit about their customers, and that in turn made them boatloads of money and popularity, now its the other way around, they're only giving a shit about profits, and its hurting them.

I agree. They made games for fun and it was an extremely profitable business for them. Diablo 3 is evidence to me at any rate that the goal is now to make profit and if the game is fun well that's a neat little side benefit. In fact if a game like D3 is to fun well then it's a detraction from whatever other shit they want to push out before the year is up.

Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    Why do you need to tell everyone you like it. If they just listen to oh and buy it they may waste their money, if they get a balanced range of opinions they can make a more informed decision. Also not sure why you think bliz needs you to white knight for them, ESP in this thread considering its subject.
    The thing is, i don't insult you when i bring across my opinion but as seen in this thread, other threads about blizzard, if you like there products you're a fanboy.
    In this case im expressing i like it and questioning why you dislike it and suddenly im white knighting?

Oh for the record the only time ive expressed i've liked it is in negative threads saying "lulz diablo dying, worst game ever, ill never play again" etc etc

And for the balanced range of opinions? Maybe if the opinions are constructive then you'd be right, but most negative threads are just people informing the world they're no longer playing