Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    WoW's costs are quite high actually so it's not as profitable as people would claim. It's still made more money than I could spend in my lifetime but I would say there are probably a fair few big names that have made more money than WoW has.
    Last edited by therayeffect; 2012-08-21 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    What does that have to do with the topic at hand?
    You'll find Shadowcrafter needs a vacation away from the forums. Every comment is aimed at causing arguments or stating rubbish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Singen View Post
    I dont have anything to add to this thread since I have no idea how to even figure our the most successful game but this post got me thinking. We're seeing push towards free to play games that rely on micro-transactions and the sims would fit perfectly for that model. I haven't played any of the sims games for some time now but they could make a killing selling virtual furniture, building materials etc. Have they made the sims into an mmo yet?
    The first attempt at a Sims MMO (The Sims Online, which was pay-to-play) didn't fare that well, although there is now a Facebook game based on The Sims that uses the "free-to-play + micro transactions" model.

Not to mention EA's already gone insane with the charging for everything these days. Not only do they sell Sims 3, plus Expansion Packs, and Stuff Packs, they even sell content for the game outright sans the micro transaction model.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2012-08-21 at 02:40 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    The first attempt at a Sims MMO (The Sims Online, which was pay-to-play) didn't fare that well, although there is now a Facebook game based on The Sims that uses the "free-to-play + micro transactions" model.

Not to mention EA's already gone insane with the charging for everything these days. Not only do they sell Sims 3, plus Expansion Packs, and Stuff Packs, they even sell items outright sans the micro transaction model.
    yep, it cannot be beat in terms of I.P. Sims is a money making machine that I can only think has 1 rival.. Pokemon

lol

btw here's an interesting trivia when they first started developing "Sims MMO" ... they had a focus group and asked questions/etc... nearly every single person on the focus group's first question?

"how do i kill people?"

hahaha

Twitter: @EsmeraldoC

Deleted
    As ppl said, Pokemon is kinda big with all their stuff besides just all the games. Games, movies, series, cards, plushies (or what you call them), cloths, drinks, food (crazy japan). Well you can find pokemon stuff basically on anything.

Most likely, along with Pokemon as well.