Poll: Vote

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    you're either a troll or one of the handful of people who are so caught up in nostalgia you can't see past your own nose at the great innovations of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadraline View Post
    I think players are the only thing in the game that irritates me...and not every player...but the players who complain about how WoW is dead yet they are still paying to play. I've been playing since vanilla...if I am not having fun in WoW I'll quit. It's simple as that.
    I wish I had your stain power m8 but after 2 months of DS I was out. It was just mind numbing.

---------- Post added 2012-08-21 at 08:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chireru93 View Post
    you're either a troll or one of the handful of people who are so caught up in nostalgia you can't see past your own nose at the great innovations of this game.
    No ones arguing about the great innovations this game has brought to the table esp in BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyjoe View Post
    I wish I had your stain power m8 but after 2 months of DS I was out. It was just mind numbing.
    That's when you unsubscribe and wait for the expansion.
    When there's absolutely no content and you don't want to either do dailies nor level your characters, why are people so eccentric to keep playing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Seriously this. I'm a high-speed, low-drag, supah-healah. Doling out the feel-goods LIKE A BAWS, keeping everyone shiny, happy and cool. Staying on top of my game, even in a combat situati....THERE'S THAT DAMN GROUNDHOG AGAIN!!!

Bias poll without any real options other the bad mouth the content that has existed since The Burning Crusade. Totally original post with a totally original outcome.

Answer:

Players like the OP who over-react to everything.
    Last edited by Sledfang; 2012-08-21 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    That is TRAGIC - it meant that they spent half year to entertain 1% of players, while 99% had nothing to do..
    A more accurate description would be to say 99% were attempting to do what 1% had done. An issue? Of course. The problem is that went to the far extreme in that now the vast, vast majority have finished everything. In TBC, WotLK I always had something to do and only ever saw a fraction of raids. With Cata, finished everything 6 months ago. As someone who never finished any TBC raid, few WotLK raids and am in a guild where getting a group together to raid is rare to extinct these days, I can say this fix that was supposed to help me experience content only streamlined my path, to the extreme, to being done with the game.

It is very possible you are the silent majority but don't pretend these improvements were all candies and sunshine or even ideal implimentations or that they have no signifigant impact on subscription numbers. I have pre-ordered MoP, but am now reconsidering as it seems a significant chunk of my guild does not plan to play into MoP. No specific reasons, but I can't help but notice everyone who is hanging it up are all people who longed to raid more in past expensions but have appearently been turned off when raiding was handed to them on a silver platter.

What do you think is the greatest contributor to the downfall of wow?

Whiners who doesn't do anything but complain and are trying to drag the game down in the dirt 24/7 rather than offering up good solutions or letting the people who still enjoy the game be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

Time.
    The game has simply become old and boring after all these years and they're not doing enough to keep it interesting.

Although I agree that the distance blizzard has come to cater to the casual gamer is indeed MASSIVE, but the biggest contributor to the downfall of WoW, IMO is women. Avoiding noobs is easy when you play with the right people. Avoiding date nights is impossible.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2012-08-21 at 09:04 PM.

Personally, the dumbing down of content to make it easier to just steamroll through and be done with a heroic in 30 mins to an hour and removing attunements are my biggest peeves. Rushing through heroics makes them not feel as "heroic" as they should be, coordinating attacks and CC for each pull gives much higher sense of accomplishment when you finish than just aoe tanking and cleaving everything down. What's the challenge in that? Back in BC, you could do about 2 heroics in a few hour span IF you had a good group whereas now you can just chain heroics and get 10 done in the same time frame.

As for attunements, it forced people to do content and not skip things to get better rewards. I wish I could just skip the BS and get right to the good stuff IRL. It shouldn't work that way. You take steps to get to something and when you pass that, you move on. There shouldn't be a backdoor way of getting around that and you SHOULD have to do X then kill Y to get to Z; not hit 85, go to the ah, buy welfare items to jack up your ilvl then skip right to Z.

BC by far was my favorite expac because of the large gap that gear made and it had such a huge impact on your character. Content was difficult but fun. Now it's not either. Ulduar was the last good raid that fit both of those categories and that's IMO because of the "hard mode" concept, none of this heroic BS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Hilrious how you can't check your facts, every content release in cata was a month or two faster than in wrath. It takes time to make content, but you wouldn't know that since you don't make content. Panda will come out 3 whole months faster than Cata.
    If you think that Blizzard release fast content then you have drank deeply of the Kool Aid. What has it been since anything new has been added? 7 or 8 months? Yeah they are just throwing that content at you at light speed.......

10+ Year Old Account
    You know I think this downfall of WoW is all opinionated. People think WoW is going down because there are things they don't like in the game so therefore they say WoW is dying. I'm just so fed up with this topic, just stop with this already. WoW is not even close to being dead nor is it even close to dying because obviously they're still pumping out content, it may not be very fast to the people who are impatient but they are still making new content and expansions. People say WoW is dying because of the fact that THEY (the people who say WoW is dying) don't like what's in the game and they want it to go back to how vanilla WoW was which I do not understand. The only way you can say WoW is dying is if they stop making content or the servers are shut down THEN you can say WoW is dead. But Blizzard is already planning at least 2 more expansions after MoP so how can you say it's dying?

So to sum it all up the FACT is WoW is not dying nor is it dead. It is only dead to the people who whine and complain that the game isn't the way they like it or want it to be so just stop with this.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2012-08-21 at 09:32 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    No they don't. This is unprecedented for WoW.
    Perhaps I should clarify that D3 and the Asian market in general has something to do with it as well. -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Flying mounts were always a problem since people started hitting 70 during BC.

But the biggest change I felt happen to the game was the introduction of LFD mid-way through WotLK. I really felt the game had just got a lot less social suddenly, and it has been going downhill ever since.

The community... freaking whiny babies that complain no matter what happens.

one day the content is too hard, the next it's too easy. People complained about not getting gear, now they complain about it being to easy to get gear.
    Freaking make up your mind or gtfo<3

1. The game is 8 years old, its starting to show.
    2. Ever since Activision became attached to Blizzard, they no longer seem to be the same company that created WoW in 2004.
    3. Loss of community, in part due to the list of contributors in your poll.

Cross server functions. I like the function of LFD, LFR, LFBG, I just wish they stood serverside.

If a server has a severe population, then simply merge them with other servers. Of course Blizzard won't do this so people actually pay to transfer.

First wow hasn't hit a downfall, downfall would be something that causes the total end of the game. And the answer is easy; 12 million players at one point. You know how hard it is pleasing 12 million people? I would also toss in the fact that its 8 years old roughly.

I love listening to people "remember" original wow. Warlocks summoned everyone, no one ran anywhere unless they absolutely had too, and no one liked running for 10 min to get back from a graveyard. Welfare epics I think is the thing that makes me lol the most, who cares if the item is purple or blue, the stats matter. In vanilla there were tons of blue items that would be no different than welfare epics sans the fact that the text is blue. The jump between items was a huge gap from blue to purple where they actually put in another ilvl tier, they just changed the item color. The only thing different was you couldn't get early tier epic ilvls without raiding old shit that 39 other people were sick of raiding. Hell most raids didn't even really have a serious ilvl check, beyond resist.

Other: The horrible fan base.

One one hand you have the lazy gamers who gear, gem, and spec wrong and want to be carried through stuff and ignore pointers to help them be better (if not become downright hostile when you try to help, assuming you ARE trying to help and not coming off as a snide prick, in which case you deserve the hostility). On the other you have the laughable and pathetic "hardcores" who want everything to be a challenge, even logging in, and want content and gear locked off once "the best of the best" finish it and say the most idiotic things like "well we need raiders to look up to"; what sort of thoughtless goober actually looks up to people in a video game?

Both sides are horribly self-centered and narrow-minded, to the point where they think the fate of the game revolves around them. They ARE the World of Warcraft in their minds, and if Blizzard doesn't heed their demands the game *will* fail. It never happens, but they keep it up.

Why are portals and LFD a single option? The two have nothing to do with each other except they're both "post vanilla". I agree LFD has been a long-term negative, but not portals. This seems like a stealth "bring back vanilla" thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.