Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I liked the Uldum questline. The thing is it got over the top a lot. If Blizz had kept things based in WoW instead of throwing jokes in just because it happened in the movie the zone would have been great.
    Yea I have to agree entirely with this.

And yea as others have said, No Harrison, but Hemet is there ofc and it's cool. I really love the Good 'Ol Hemet tradition. It's a nice little tradition that now has even formed little jokes of it's own, and son and father are together this time (It was sad not seeing them in Catacylsm)!

Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    NO MORE MEME AND POPCULTUREREFERENCEZONES EVER HUZZAH!
    I hope you don't read the quest text in mists, it's bursting with them.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Bah, I didn't mind the Harrison Jones quests at all. There were plenty of "tol'vir centric" quests in Uldum (did you all forget the war with the neferset?) Now, I agree Harrison Jones should have been more of a... side quest sort of thing, but he was a welcome break from the cultist pablum we had been dealing with throughout the entirety of Hyjal and deepholm, and would deal with in twilight highlands.

It would have been nice to see him in maybe... two or three quests, in Krasarang wilds, where you have to retrieve an idol from a temple or something like that. Or, remove him from the quest chain entirely, and just make him a scenario. I want to do a boulder run in WoW, damnit!
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

It was ok the first time or two you did it, it was a nice change of pace. However, after that I skipped it on every single toon because I hated it so much. It was just way too drug out and they had cutscenes in places that didn't really add to it other than to chew up time. Like others have said, had it been a nice side story that was like 20% of the zone it would of been cool, but having it be 50%-60% of it was a bad choice. Its even worse in that you need to do the whole thing just to get the quests for Halls of Origination.

I liked his brief visit in Zul'aman. I also liked the short questline with him in Wrath while doing the other zone related stuff.

Why? Because it was sort of extra stuff that didn't interfere with the major WoW related stuff and was just that, just a reference, a sort of "lol" thing when/if you saw it.

Uldum was none of that, it was too much, too long and too involved. And it felt like an insult after listening Blizzard's initial explanations of the zone, how there would be the mystical race that had been guarding the secret weapon of the Titans and how Horde and Alliance would struggle so their faction would get their hands on it first.

And THIS is what we got?
    Last edited by Wilian; 2012-08-22 at 08:37 PM.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

what are you guys talking about? harrison jones was awesome, one of the reasons why uldum was such a great zone!

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    He's in Stormwind??? *logs on his Horde main and camps his body*
    He's their Archaeology trainer. In the Royal Library. If I remember correctly, you can fly right in through the window and land right next to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    thank god harrison jones is not back it was amusing to see him in wrath...but they over it did it in uldum Hemet Nersingwary he cool with me

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

10+ Year Old Account
    We have Nesingwary, Brann, but no Jones.

I like the Harrison Jones quests in Uldum. The first time I played through the Cata zones, when I started to get the options to do the Tol'vir quests and the Jones quests, I picked the Jones quests. There were just so many unique quests in that zone and the use of cutscenes were really interesting, and the Harrison Jones quests just felt adventurous to me. I actually had no idea how many people disliked the quests until I saw it brought up on the forums.

I don't mind if he is there--but I don't wanna deal with him for an entire zone again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    So long as he doesn't narrate anymore dungeons we'll be good.
    And what was so wrong with Brann he is hell lot better then harrison...besides Brann been my in game love of my life ever since I meet him .....swooon......he is one sexy dwarf.

Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    And what was so wrong with Brann he is hell lot better then harrison...besides Brann been my in game love of my life ever since I meet him .....swooon......he is one sexy dwarf.
    It wouldn't bad if you could elect to hear him or not. But after running HoS, and HoO 173989279733 times his voice acting gets just a tad bit irritating.

If its any consolation I find Thrall x300 times more annoying in Hour of Twilight.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2012-08-23 at 01:58 AM.

I always loved and will forever love the Nesingwary quests.
    The Jones is something else, as others mentioned it dragged on too long and being pure comedy factor - not necesairly a bad thing for a game , I just didnt like doing it more than once.
    I did the Jones quests only once and skipped them with all my other chars, you dont need them to get level 84 ( just do all the tolvir quests alone and a dungeon ) and then get out of uldum to do twilight highlands anyway. With the incoming xp/level nerfs this will be even more the way to go.

This and no, I havent seen jones in mop beta in the limited time I played it.

oh...he'll be back! With his young Pandaren assistant Small Round!!!!

Theres gonna be a minecart chase and a bridge fight over a river of crocolisks!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I really hope not. He already ruined one great zone, why would we want him to do it again ?
    ^ This. This a hundred million times over. That pompous peacock of a joke character literally ruined Uldum for me and for several people i play with. I've literally only done Uldum on one character; on the rest i've done anything i could to avoid it. I went to Uldum thinking we might actually learn something about the brand new, completely unknown Tol'vir...who got one, relatively short quest chain that explained next to nothing about their culture, society or history. The other 4/5ths (or what felt like it) of the zone was spent following that moron Harrison Jones around the zone, watching him make an utter mockery of archaeology and doing things that were a mix of visually awesome and implausibly irrational in cutscenes while my character stood in the background looking idiotically dumbstruck or occasionally gibbering and flailing like a chimpanzee on a sugar-high. (Yes i know thats a bit of hyperbole, but that zone REALLY disappointed me; which is tragic because it was sandwiched between Deepholm and Twilight Highlands; which IMHO were two of the most we constructed zones visually and storyline-wise (although TH (at least on Horde-side, i have yet to complete the Alliance version) felt a bit schizophrenic.).)

Quote Originally Posted by Karagar View Post
    while my character stood in the background looking idiotically dumbstruck or occasionally gibbering and flailing like a chimpanzee on a sugar-high
    One of my biggest pet peeves is when Blizzard makes you look like a coward in a cut scene for no good reason. By the time my Warrior did Uldum he had defeated countless dragons, two Old Gods, the Lich King, countless members of the Burning Legion(including pushing Kil'jaeden back into the Twisting Nether), an(admittedly weakened) Elemental Lord, Titans and any other number of all-power beings.

And yet he huddles in terror shaking like a baby with Parkinson's because a torch accidentally fell over and lit the slow burning fuse on a bomb. Sure is a good thing Indiana Ford was there to save me from a couple itty bitty bombs.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    One of my biggest pet peeves is when Blizzard makes you look like a coward in a cut scene for no good reason. By the time my Warrior did Uldum he had defeated countless dragons, two Old Gods, the Lich King, countless members of the Burning Legion(including pushing Kil'jaeden back into the Twisting Nether), an(admittedly weakened) Elemental Lord, Titans and any other number of all-power beings.

And yet he huddles in terror shaking like a baby with Parkinson's because a torch accidentally fell over and lit the slow burning fuse on a bomb. Sure is a good thing Indiana Ford was there to save me from a couple itty bitty bombs.
    Its even more fun when you're playing a SHAMAN who has about 50 ways of extinguishing the fuse using his powers in addition to you know, just stamping on it... >.>;;

Quote Originally Posted by GhostSkull View Post
    The Harrison Jones quests are good fun and extremely memorable.
    This. It's what made Uldum my favorite zone.

But i can see how someone who plays alot of characters to 85 might get annoyed.

I think both Brann and Jones are fine, as long as they only appear for a few quests and a couple of dungeons. A zone was too much, but that doesn't mean they aren't cool characters (and very useful when it comes to tell stories).

I like that Brann is there, and Jones could appear in some mini-dungeon-quest, like the troll one in Northrend.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have fully completed all the quests in Pandaria with the exception of the ones in the Dread Wastes (Halfway done). Unless he is hiding there somewhere (unlikely unless phased), he is nowhere to be found on the continent.