Getting around a internet block of wow

I'm looking for a solution to a little problem I'm having. I have a 5hr gap between classes on tuesday and thursday that would be great if i could pop on wow for a time during the gap. In the past i would connect to my schools engineering departments vpn and that would allow me to bypass the block. Thats worked for the last few years however this semester it seems they have changed the vpn and it no longer grans me access to wow when connected to it. Not compleetly sure of any other work around myself so I ask the mmo-champ community for any assistance they can give

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you live in Iran? This is important before we proceed. Also, this should be in WoW General, not General OT.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    Do you live in Iran? This is important before we proceed. Also, this should be in WoW General, not General OT.
    I think he's trying to play from a university.

I am in the united states and yes trying to play at my university

I see how this could belong in the general wow i just figured this would be a good place seeing as its not specifically about the game and more about getting around a block but if a mod would like to move it should that be a more appropriate space that would be great
    Last edited by Bookofblade; 2012-09-11 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookofblade View Post
    I am in the united states and yes trying to play at my university
    Search DNS redirect, that almost always fixes the issue. They are likely pointing to an internal DNS that blocks traffic on specific ports and ip's.

Download this: http://www.freecap.ru/eng/

And this: https://www.your-freedom.net/ - And register on the website.

Open Freecap, go to settings:

Server: localhost
    Port: 1080

Socks V5

Add the WoW.exe thing to the program.

-

Open Your-Freedom, let the wizard find a list of servers for you. Pick a US one (for speed), press Next etc, then Connect.

Now open the WoW application through Freecap and you should be able to get on.