10+ Year Old Account

Will there be a new "Max graphics" macro in WoD?

As the title says, does WoD bring new sliders to adjust, new console commands to input, new limits to the extent that we can change the current settings? I'm currently using this macro, split into two:

Code:
    /console shadowTextureSize 2048
    /console ssao 1
    /console ssaoBlur 2
    /console terrainMipLevel 0
    /console horizonFarClipScale 3
    /console groundEffectDensity 256
    /console groundEffectDist 600
    /console groundEffectFade 1277
    /console farclip 1300
    /console skyCloudLod 3
    /console spellEffectLevel 100
    /console waterDetail 3
    /console ffxGlow 1
    /console sunshafts 2
    /console particleDensity 100
    /console fxaa 1
    Wonder if I should use CMAA instead of FXAA. I suppose I could just take that line out and adjust it in the Graphics menu. Which is better?

If you're curious, comparison of Low w/max view distance, Ultra, and Ultra w/macro used, in that order below. Note the density and distance of the grass, and the shadows in the trees. Not the best spot for comparison, but it works.

Also, any commands that'll touch up the macro would be appreciated.
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2014-11-10 at 08:45 PM.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    I've been testing them all and started building an addon for it. Many of the old settings no longer work (and haven't for years). Of those that still work, most of them are already set to their maximum value by the standard video options interface.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/touchy-settings

You can poke through the CVars and see what I'm playing with (the code is gross, I wrote it drunk as the side-effect of building a YML -> FrameXML compiler, but you can probably make sense of it by just looking at the frame.xml file). Alternatively - just wait a couple of days and I'll make up a video +A/B comparison for everything that demonstrates what still works and is worth playing with. It's listed as beta for a reason - when I say beta, I mean it (and it would have been alpha but then you couldn't install it though curse client).
    Wow! What are the chances that I post this seemingly niche macro and someone's making an add-on specifically to emulate it in-game? I can't read code, so sadly I can't help or even look at the stuff you're talking about. The video would serve me much better.

Most of the stuff in that macro is already set by dragging your graphics slider to ultra and the stuff that doesn't has been removed:
    Code:
    /console shadowTextureSize 2048
    /console ssao 1
    /console ssaoBlur 2
    /console terrainMipLevel 0
    /console farclip 1300
    /console waterDetail 3
    /console ffxGlow 1
    /console sunshafts 2
    /console particleDensity 100
    /console fxaa 1
    Already set by dragging the slider to ultra and/or has no effect any more. In either case you have no need to set these manually.
    Great to know.

Far clip seems to cap at 1350. There is a blue post that claims setting it higher will increase the render distance when possible, I have been unable to reproduce that result in 6.0 (using 3x 4k screens and 'exaggerating' the the horizontal view, I still can't see any difference between 1350 and say 30000 - even when doing pixel-by-pixel comparisons. If you can prove that you can ever get a setting higher than 1400 has any impact then I'll buy you your choice of pet/mount from the in-game store (or donate $25 to a charity of your choice if you'd prefer).
    I'm sure you've seen this video before:

Code:
    /console groundEffectDensity 256
    /console groundEffectDist 600
    /console groundEffectFade 1277
    /console skyCloudLod 3
    Still worthwhile, though groundeffectfade and groundeffectdist seem to do the same thing.
    Less I need to keep in the macro then!

You may also want to look at the violencelevel, terrainloddist cvars, they both have small but demonstrable changes.
    Cool, will do. Please keep me updates on the progress of your add-on!
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2014-11-10 at 10:30 PM.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥