Thread: Warhammer 40K

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I knew they changed them to be more Egyptians in space, but they still could have been against everything Warp related, that aspect of the backstory was pretty sweet.
    GW. Keeping in fun things or making sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to use my Think GW plastic glue to fix my hobby knife kit (one of the magnet rails came off the box) and realized that after not using it for 2 months it dried.

Now I'm confused as to how it dried and I sealed it as tight as possible... Oh well, model cement is better anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I was going to use my Think GW plastic glue to fix my hobby knife kit (one of the magnet rails came off the box) and realized that after not using it for 2 months it dried.

Now I'm confused as to how it dried and I sealed it as tight as possible... Oh well, model cement is better anyways...
    I've been waiting a few days for a 5 mm drill to magnetize my fexes. Then I'll get the £100 box for 'nids and bam... 2500 point army or something.. Ehh, who am I kidding, a few big bugs too after my trygon/Winged HT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    I've been waiting a few days for a 5 mm drill to magnetize my fexes. Then I'll get the £100 box for 'nids and bam... 2500 point army or something.. Ehh, who am I kidding, a few big bugs too after my trygon/Winged HT.
    Do nid points rack up that quick? Sheesh.

In big army news, I was messing around on BattleScribe and made a 7500 points double FOC chaos army, and the same thing for Raven Guard. Oh goodness.

Do nid points rack up that quick? Sheesh.

In big army news, I was messing around on BattleScribe and made a 7500 points double FOC chaos army, and the same thing for Raven Guard. Oh goodness.
    It really depends on how many big bugs you put in there honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    New Kah-os Spess Mehrines. And by that I mean a Helbrute model and another 50$ book.

Oh and an updated Tactical Squad... i think(?) it looks different.
    Edit: not different, they just decided they didn't like the Black Legion anymore, repainted everything to the Crimson Slaughters color and rebox that same old things. With a price increase of course. I mean, across the board price increase.

What the serious fuck.

I'm almost scared to go on /TG/. The neckbeard rage must be overflowing there.
    Last edited by Belize; 2014-03-08 at 12:44 AM.

Deleted
    I hope the new codex isn't like the Legion of the Damned one.

On another note, can't decide if I should continue my Emperor's Children army or do Night Lords..
    Last edited by mmoc233041c6ce; 2014-03-08 at 08:35 AM.

I cant believe the battleforce boxes, when the Tyranid box of 95 figures saves you something like... £100. or... ~$200 for you americans.

10+ Year Old Account
    The vanilla marine battleforce only save about 55$ too. It's still better than the old battleforces that were the same price as buying everything by itself. I guess.

Keep building Emps. Children! Have a massive 10 000 point army!

The vanilla marine battleforce only save about 55$ too. It's still better than the old battleforces that were the same price as buying everything by itself. I guess.

I'd rather stick with my hive honestly, it's just ridiculously cheap to get the figures. through the battleforce box.

40 hormas, 40 termas. That's already £120. Then you get the flying things... Harpies? Yea, 10 of them and then a carnifex as well. It's just ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no, Emps. Childrren was for Pyre not you ;p

And yeah, I was just comparing the CSM to Reg SM battle forces. I guess making the Tyranid battleforce cheap is GWs way of getting players to play them.

Speaking of GW, looks like hard times for them. They're closing down the shop and all the playing tables at the NA HQ in Memphis. I guess they'll use the space as offices or a warehouse but damn. There were a lot of super sexy table there and a metric crapton of display cases with all sorts of goodies like super pro painted armies and props for different factions.

Oh no, Emps. Childrren was for Pyre not you ;p

And yeah, I was just comparing the CSM to Reg SM battle forces. I guess making the Tyranid battleforce cheap is GWs way of getting players to play them.

Speaking of GW, looks like hard times for them. They're closing down the shop and all the playing tables at the NA HQ in Memphis. I guess they'll use the space as offices or a warehouse but damn. There were a lot of super sexy table there and a metric crapton of display cases with all sorts of goodies like super pro painted armies and props for different factions.
    They're putting themselves out of business. It's how it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    They're putting themselves out of business. It's how it is.
    Yep, there pricing themselves into an even more niche market than they currently occupy.

Also, finally read Scars the new HH novel, finally some White Scars action.
    Last edited by mmoc8116b97f51; 2014-03-08 at 07:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh well, maybe one day someone will buy GW out and fix the damn tabletop. Or hell, maybe they'll oust the current board of directors and put competent people that aren't rotting away on their Golden Throne... Is the Imperium a metaphor for GW itself >.>

Painting the powerfist DV that I got like 2 months ago. taking forever by brush, I cannot wait to grab an airbrush to basecoat stuff >.> damn white is hard to evenly coat...
    Last edited by Belize; 2014-03-09 at 01:49 AM.

Powerfist DV? Hmm? I'm currently packing and moving to a new apartment over the next month, sigh.

I swear if anything breaks I'm going to explode. Debating whether or not to paint 2 fexes or wait untill I've moved so they're still in the box...

10+ Year Old Account
    Oops the Powerfist chosen from DV.

And wait. When I moved it thought it'd be a good idea to start. Nooppeee. Glue doesn't hold well in shaky transportation.

Oops the Powerfist chosen from DV.

And wait. When I moved it thought it'd be a good idea to start. Nooppeee. Glue doesn't hold well in shaky transportation.
    Hmmm, this is a good point.

15+ Year Old Account
    The arrival of the CSM Attack Force and Crimson Slaughter collection box has pretty much dashed my hopes of seeing a re-release of the vanilla CSM squad box.

10+ Year Old Account
    We were supposed to get one I think, or at least plastic Havocs. Maybe they'll come later? I dunno, I think this is the first time in a long while that GW releases models for an army that's been out for a while that isn't along with a main Codex. COULD THEY HAVE A FUN RELEASE SCHEDULE WHERE THEY CONSTANTLY UPDATE THINGS!?!??

Deleted
    I'm in the middle of reading the Night Lords books and well... screw Emp Children! Night Lords are so much cooler! D:

So time to sell my un-built FW Noise Marines and buy some regular marines.

Anyone know where you can buy some bat wings? Like the ones on their helmets or the Vampire Counts Graveguard Helemts?

I think GW are doing this to themselves so they can be a private company again.
    Also I was abit disappointed the apparently a repaint of box art = +$$$, there's nothing new in box so I was like whaaa?!?

I want to get the new Helbrute kit but I'd never use one in a game since their awful so feels like a waste.
    Last edited by mmoc233041c6ce; 2014-03-10 at 03:09 PM.