Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabukage View Post
    Since when Europes does have states?
    On that point you are correct... Europe consists of countries. Most of those countries do have states within their borders.
    To the Americans who mixing this up: Europe is a continent.... Don't confuse that with the European Union. That isn't a Union like the USA. It's a Union of Nations. Hence why they are all sovereign countries.
    And since when Turkey is in Europe? Jesus Christ people.
    Ever been or heard of Instanbul? Turkeys largest city, and one of the biggest cities (population 13.5 mio) in the World? I refresh your knowledge. The city is divided by the Bosphorus. One of the worlds busiest waterways. It also happens that the Bosphorus builds the border between Europe and Asia. Which makes the city quite unique, since ( you may have guessed now) one part of it is in Europe, and the other part in Asia.
    Shit, even I knew that right away, although it's been a long long time since I went to school, and I sucked at Geography back then.

And yes, like it was mentioned already.. Turkey applied for membership in the EU.

My fav country..... Italia.... Hands down...
    I'm German, and am proud of it. I love my home region (Frankonia) with all my heart. But if I get to choose, I vote Italy.
    Tuscany, a dream..... And if the saying was really true, and God kissed the Earth after he created it. That spot was Tuscany.
    Still hoping, and planning to move there once I'm in retirement.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2012-08-31 at 06:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Schwitzerland, for sure. (the best conditions for a perfect life)

The most beautiful country ? Spain. Barcelona.

Where do I live now ? Corruptland of the Czech Republic. It's so bad that I have actually started hating the fact that "I'm from here". Will move out asap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    On that point you are correct... Europe consists of countries. Most of those countries do have states within their borders.
    Ever been or heard of Instanbul? Turkeys largest city, and one of the biggest cities (population 13.5 mio) in the World? I refresh your knowledge. The city is divided by the Bosphorus. One of the worlds busiest waterways. It also happens that the Bosphorus builds the border between Europe and Asia. Which makes the city quite unique, since ( you may have guessed now) one part of it is in Europe, and the other part in Asia.
    Shit, even I knew that right away, although it's been a long long time since I went to school, and I sucked at Geography back then.

And yes, like it was mentioned already.. Turkey applied for membership in the EU.

My fav country..... Italia.... Hands down...
    I'm German, and am proud of it. I love my home region (Frankonia) with all my heart. But if I get to choose, I vote Italy.
    Tuscany, a dream..... And if the saying was really true, and God kissed the Earth after he created it. That spot was Tuscany.
    Still hoping, and planning to move there once I'm in retirement.
    You can't just say that Turkey is in Europe because 5% of its areal is in Europe. There is a geographical border between Europe and Asia but the border between Europe and Asia is often defined by cultural differences. Turkey hasn't definitely a European culture and imo it's not a part of Europe. Everyone got their opinion though, and in this case it's more about ones personal opinion on where that country belongs, but even geographically Turkey isn't really a part of Europe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    How hard is it to understand you can't vote for country where you live in? If you say "I like X because I live in X" that doesn't fit.
    It's not hard to understand, but what if someone living in a certain country truly believes that country is the best? You should add "if you think that your country is the best, choose the second best" to your question...

Deleted
    I bet a Scandinavian country wins!

Im gonna vote for Germany, because I like the sound of the language

Deleted
    Norway followed by other scandinavian countries then followed by germany/france/NL

Deleted
    Russia ofcourse, great culture and friendly people.

I really want to go to Moscow on Victory Day or the October Revolution if there's lots of fireworks.

Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    Europe is not a country itself, so therefore it does have states but countries.

I live in the Netherlands and I think Belgium is the best country in Europe (if I can't choose my own of course). Simply because this is the only country in Europe (that I know off) besides the Netherlands that subs movies and tv shows instead of dubbing everything.

A poll would be helpful though.
    The only countries that dub movies in europe are spain, france, italy and some parts of germany. Everywhere else you will see subs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll go with Monaco.

Quote Originally Posted by VelmuVeera View Post
    You can't just say that Turkey is in Europe because 5% of its areal is in Europe. There is a geographical border between Europe and Asia but the border between Europe and Asia is often defined by cultural differences. Turkey hasn't definitely a European culture and imo it's not a part of Europe. Everyone got their opinion though, and in this case it's more about ones personal opinion on where that country belongs, but even geographically Turkey isn't really a part of Europe.
    So that means, israel is not a middle-east country? I don't know why you are so mad about Turkey being a European country but i also agree that Turkish culture is definitely not a European culture. There is huge differences between 2 cultures. But again, if we are talking about geographical borders... Turkey is in europe. As a country not as a culture.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    -all states having land in geographical Europe enter the battle, including Russia, Kazahstan (as it has a little part in Europe), Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia (as it's debatable if it's in Europe or Asia they enter) and Turkey. Anything else further east or in Africa does not enter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Turkey is partly in Europe through a small area in east Thrace. I believe they wished to enter the European Union!
    Well, I don't. And majority of people i know doesn't wish too. Who wants to experience something like Greece crisis? We are in a better economical situation then most of the EU countries. And also why should we enter? While unskilled uneducated part of Turkish people are in Germany, entering EU will give them a reason to come back. We are better if they stay there. i mean, many of them can't fking learn german language while they are living in Germany. so dumb. Useless, mostly. Exceptions like Yerli brothers(Crytek) are lost for Turkish economy, tho. But i don't think they can actually make it if they were born in Turkey.
    About "The Wishing People"... They actually wish to get rid of influences of islamic arab culture. And they think EU is answer for their wish. But it's not. You can't change 73m people instantly, which is required for cultural change. Anyway, they are minority.

And my answer is Spain. Because its... hot as deathwing!

Heh, for those still questioning the state thing ask yourself why your monarch or president is known as a "Head of State" and not "Head of Country"?

10+ Year Old Account
    First off its not states its country's.

Second off I vote Iceland simply because everyone underestimates them and will not see anything coming from their way.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Probably Holland with their laxed laws. Second choice would probably be Sweden for same reason. People with actual brains are leading those countries.

Deleted
    Best state in Europe? Really? Europe is not a country.

Best country to live in for me would probably Norway, Sweden or Holland. But weather wise Spain or Portugal.
    Last edited by mmoc472a5d728c; 2012-09-01 at 01:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    I presume you mean the best country, not state in Europe, because how you put it terribly is akin to asking: whats the best country in America >.>
    he means "nation state" ..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation_state

please people do some reading, there are these things called nation states in europe, honestly
    Last edited by mmoc653be429b6; 2012-09-01 at 01:53 PM.

Deleted
    'Sovereign state' and 'country' are synonymous, with the latter used more colloquially. Technically, the correct term would be the former, since 'country' was originally used to refer to a geographic region.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinderofl View Post
    Probably Holland with their laxed laws. Second choice would probably be Sweden for same reason. People with actual brains are leading those countries.
    That doesn't apply to sweden, idk about netherlands

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Norway

- Sustainable and clean energy sources.
    - Has the highest quality of life in the world, and has had that several times.
    - Rich country with a stable economy.
    - High standard of democracy and secularity.
    - Low population density.

To me, those are important points. I suppose they may not be as important to other people.
    Last edited by Shâréz; 2012-09-01 at 07:09 PM.

Deleted
    Few things before I answer:

-It is the same in every Continent.
    -Why not do a poll, you can have 6 answers.

My answer: Bose-Einstein Condensate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine somewhere like Norway, The Netherlands or Switzerland. I'm going to vote for Norway.