Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I remember while in elementary school being told the pyramids of Giza in Egypt were tombs for pharaohs.

Turns out these Pharaohs were mostly found in the Valley of Kings, not in the main Giza pyramids as suggested.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    The actual meaning of 3rd world country.

It does not mean what most of you actually think.

Google it.
    I think my brain just melted O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    I think my brain just melted O_o
    Lol Switzerland and Austria are 3rd world countries.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    I remember while in elementary school being told the pyramids of Giza in Egypt were tombs for pharaohs.

Turns out these Pharaohs were mostly found in the Valley of Kings, not in the main Giza pyramids as suggested.
    i'm not sure what you're suggesting? but the pyramids of giza (according to our wiki friends) are for pharaohs... unless u mean you thought all the pharaohs were there?

Deleted
    When I was a child I was taught to always respect adults regardless of anything they do because they're older and wiser. Now that I am an adult I can see that most of the time adults are just as clueless as the kids and that's why they say they're "older and wiser" when questioned, because they don't actually have the answers you're looking for.
    Also thought it was normal to like other boys along with girls when I was a kid and never heard of the word gay until I was about 13. And so began the years of hiding it.
    I always wondered why it took women so damn long to go for a piss when they're out... now I know it's because they spend about 30seconds pissing and 5minutes talking about random crap while I'm stood outside the toilets looking like a pervy creap.

Deleted
    I learnt being 'smart' and being 'intelligent' is not the same thing; Hence the socially awkward nerdy people; and the annoying average people who manage to talk themselves to the top of ANY argument despite seeming fairly stupid.

Deleted
    That joining the military is nothing more than wasted time. I made a lot of money but in the end, once the government decides to do budget cuts and does an "iini mini miny moe" oh who has to go... you're out of a job with nothing to continue with. Now i'm 24 and in school (and a part-time police officer) because i thought it'd be a great experience and career... fuck me, right ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    I used to think women liked to be treated nicely.
    Rational ones do. Change country if you can't find any.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    We've never done it that way for any wedding I've been involved in, the best man has always been the toast master at the official wedding party, but the bachelor party/events have always been planed by several people.

- I asked my kindergarten teacher why I didn't have hair down "there" like my dad, thats one of those classic fuck ups that my parents still laugh about.

- I learned that when someone says "you got hair on your mind"(if you are obsessed with hair) they don't mean hair on your head. "Doesn't all people have hair on their mind", that is also one of those things that my parents laugh about till this day.

- I've learned that no, you don't fix a skull wound by glueing it together, I used to sit by our phone as a kid, pretending I was driving a motor vehicle and used the phone to call random numbers... I didn't care if I got through or not I always said the same thing even when random folks answered, which was "Stefan(my uncle) has fallen and cracked his head open but don't worry I fixed it with Tapetklister(glue)", my parents had to excuse my behavior many a time over the phone rofl.
    That last one sounds hilarious.
    Can't really think of any myself at the moment.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought that everything that happened in movies and television was real. If they had a movie where a kid grew up, I honestly thought that they waited for that kid to grow up and then finished the movie. I figured it out very quickly, before I was five, but when I recently told my mom that she looked at me like I was the dumbest person alive haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinMyLights View Post
    Hence the socially awkward nerdy people;
    I think they call that Aspberger Syndrome these days.

and the annoying average people who manage to talk themselves to the top of ANY argument despite seeming fairly stupid.
    That's just the normal state for humans :-/
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I thought marijuana was a terrible and addictive drug that would ruin my life.

10+ Year Old Account
    The actual meaning to "Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to the other side."

The deeper meaning, from which he crosses the realms, and enters the afterlife.
    Currently Procrastinating

Always thought the childrens nursery rhythm london bridges was happy go lucky tell about 8

my biggest realization was when I was confronted with chemistry at school at about 12, I literally looked around if other students were shaking their heads when the teacher explained in the first lesson that we were are all made of atoms, I was absolutely shocked.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the funniest and greatest thread I have ever seen.

If you put a body in a sealed oil drum, it decomposes slower if you bury it rather than leaving it in a swamp.

Deleted
    Until just a couple of weeks ago I figured out why theres close to no commercials on the TV at night. Because noone watches TV at night so why would you want to waste money/time to show your commercial that late?

Hey, I cant be smart ALL the time!

I always thought I hated spinach, I only ever had it canned, so to my surprise a few years ago, I tried it fresh, and loved it.

My parents were looking out for me and not trying to hurt me.

I used to think when I was about 13 or 12 that everyone who had a hard and troubled life should dress in all black and like "gothic" things, oh boy was I incredibly wrong and stupid on that.

I can't eat whatever I want to, and not exercise.

I thought ALL adults drank alcohol.

I thought my mom was dying when I saw blood in the toilet once.

My brother went to jail because my cousins are attention whore sluts and white trash, not because he was drinking and driving like I was told.

I used to think drug overdose meant that they died by having plates and glass thrown at them and being kicked out of the house. (I guess becuase my uncle died that way when I was really young and he got kicked out by his wife and had to live with us...? Not sure where the plates and stuff came in..)

I thought my middle name was Maria because my brother and sister kept calling me a Mexican, or just The Mexican because my skin is slightly more tan than there's. It's actually Marie...
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-09-28 at 04:14 PM.

Deleted
    That it doesn't really matter.