Importing to Power Auras in 5.0.4

I recently updated power auras for the new patch but can't figure out how to import codes for auras.

I thought I would try out some new ones but I can't figure out how to use the new interface for power auras.

Did the ability to import go with the new UI or something?
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted

off topic here cannot get power auras to load in game getting the getactivetalentgrp
    as a lua error ive done fresh installs but to no avail

Quote Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
    Delayed, not removed. I've also got 116 messages to sift through, so god knows when I'll get the time to do anything today.
    yeah.

i've stopped using your addon because of this, i can't recreate my auras because the interface is completely broken and you've taken out pretty much everything that made this addon easy to use and user friendly

grats on completely borking it up man.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

I don't really get why you needed to make a totally different interface. The old one was very easy to use and intuitive, the current one is... well... frankly it is terrible

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    yeah.

i've stopped using your addon because of this, i can't recreate my auras because the interface is completely broken and you've taken out pretty much everything that made this addon easy to use and user friendly

cut the dev some slack, people. he doesn't do this professionally, and the api that blizzard exposes isn't exactly the easiest to work with. and don't forget that it's much more effective to report bugs on the addon's bug report page than here.

/rant

yeah.

That said, thanks very much for maintaining it! My GL/RL was QQ'ing something fierce last night and didn't even want to play without your addon - and he never complains about anything. So thanks for your hard work! (I miss it too, could not keep Living Bomb consistently on the target last night, because of no Power Auras.)

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah.

I agree with your comment wholeheartedly. Power auras has been a good old strong addon. There was no need to remake it into a messy cheap copy of weak auras :/ Why fix something that is not broken? ((

R.I.P power auras, have been using it since I started raiding, will have to look for another addon now:/

This thread is laughingly similar to complaints about changes in MoP. CHANGE = BAD!!!1!1111one

Keep up the good work developing a good addon. Pre-expansion patch giving its usability a bit of downtime is really not a big issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Pants Optional Salveo View Post
    cut the dev some slack, people. he doesn't do this professionally, and the api that blizzard exposes isn't exactly the easiest to work with. and don't forget that it's much more effective to report bugs on the addon's bug report page than here.

/rant
    i did cut him some slack. i waited until it was on live servers to complain about this. i've been messsing with it since it was on beta.

he didn't need to change the interface around completely. i was amazingly wonderful before he messed with it. power auras was easily the best addon i ever used, i told everyone to use it because it was so amazing. now its nearly completely unusable.

i've spent a number of hours banging my head against it, and i still can't recreate my auras, and frankly it wasn't broken, why the hell did he try to fix it?

i swapped to weakauras ( which i think he was trying to copy) because of this, and i don't like it since it can't easily do a bunch of stuff that the old power auras did.
    Last edited by kosechi; 2012-08-30 at 06:52 PM.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Changes happen to addons all the time. Trinity Bars-Macaroon-Ion, Bongos-Dominos and so on. It's up to the discretion of the author if they want to expand and update their addon or not. You follow along and adapt or find something else.

Yes the UI has changed a lot and it will take a while to get used too. That said I was able to figure it out in maybe 20-30min, and get most of my essential auras recreated in the hour I had between work and raid yesterday. Is there stuff missing that I want to see come back? Yes, and I know it will be, its just a matter of being patient. I've already noticed in my hour of tinkering how much power/potential there is with the new system.

It will take just as long to learn how to use this new UI as it will to learn a new Addon. Go into it with an open mind and treat it as if it was a brand new completely different addon. As you learn where all the settings are, creating auras can be rather quick. There are a few menu things that I might like reorganized and once I have a bit more time to experiment I'll compose my thoughts and send it to Meorawr as feedback.

Thank you for updating so quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
    With a user like you, I'm sure they're positively thrilled.
    well. i went from recommending your addon to absolutely everyone because it was amazing.
    to telling people to swap to weak auras because power auras is nearly unusable.

i know you are not making any money off this so you probably don't care if people don't use it or not.
    but i would be kind of embarrassed that so many people have stopped using it because they think your new interface is absolute shit.

i've been playing with it since it was on the beta and i give it a good hour of playing with every time you update it. and nothing changes. you still turned it in toa bad weakauras clone that have any of the user acceptability of the old interface.

grats on your coding epeen. i'm glad you are proud of it. and you can do what ever you want with it since its your addon. but as an end user whos been using it for forever.

you screwed up.

The thread was answered in the first post, let's keep it civil please.

Wait for the developers to finish working on the addon, or help speed the process by giving constructive bug reports or feedback.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator