Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Additionally, we’re going to revert the more expensive focus costs of Froststorm Breath and Burrow Attack and instead go with 10 focus +5 focus per sec, and change Froststorm Breath to scale with the pet’s melee haste and crit, instead of spell haste and crit.
    Recent BM change that I thought was warranted in here since we were discussing CD usage and CD macros, and not everyone might keep up with the main thread.

Yah I saw that actually, I kind of like it and I kind of do not, I have mixed feelings on it at the moment. I will have more information about it when it finally goes live and I can play with it some more. As far as measuring your guys burst and dps. Keep in mind I am using Skada and not recount and its numbers vary for many things early in fights though the end numbers always seem to be pretty close. I do not know how the two addons run differently and get different results since they run off the same script but one of my friends was noticing his was higher with skada so might want to look into that if you care. It is also very RNG dependent. When I posted that I had a few tests where I got every lynx rush to crit and both kill commands to crit and got to 115k. The other time not so lucky and only got to 93. A lot of things go into it and measuring just pure burst is some what silly though it does matter with this spec keeping the DPS up sustained over a period of time and not letting it fall off to hard with BM is the tricky part.

Recount has a bad habit of not being effective at measuring eDPS where there's downtime for movement where there's no damage being done.

For example, if you're on Madness, and you jump inbetween platforms, and no one has the foresight to pre-DoT the next tentacle as the old one is dying, Recount will actually stop recording the time part, lowering "time" in the "damage"/"time" calculation, resulting in artificially high DPS. This is also why on Recount, low DoT classes have generally higher number than DoT classes - because during movement all their damage falls off, Recount stops (for them) while it continues for the spriest who's just rolling SW: Ps on some mobs as he's running by. This low-damage, high movement DPS gets counted and averaged in for the spriest, but the arcane mage who has completely stopped all damage on the mobs as he's running inbetween them has his no-damage, high movement not count against him.

Skada records your DPS from the moment you engage the boss, to the second the boss dies or resets due to wipe. It's why in Skada your DPS continues to go down after you die during a fight, while in Recount it stays the same - Skada measures e(ffective)DPS.

This is why I use Skada, btw.

That is also the reason I use skada, I much prefer seeing my DPS(e) opposed to just DPS. Same reason I care more about WoL data opposed to what recount or skada says. Also because that is what ranks go by!

Deleted
    I suck ass at macros so i ask here, how do i macro lynx rush with dire beast? Lynx should be casted first ofc.

#showtooltip Lynx Rush
    /use 10
    /Cast Lynx Rush
    /Cast Dire Beast

Doesn't work.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    I suck ass at macros so i ask here, how do i macro lynx rush with dire beast? Lynx should be casted first ofc.

#showtooltip Lynx Rush
    /use 10
    /Cast Lynx Rush
    /Cast Dire Beast

Doesn't work.
    You can't because both spells are on the GCD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinespeed View Post
    You can't because both spells are on the GCD.
    But i can make a macro that first casts lynx rush and then dire beast with 2 clicks right?

hey guys simple question, what is the new stats priority? critic > mastery or mastery>crit? Because i'd like to use a spirit beast like my pet.. otherwise i'd just stuck with the old wolf

Deleted
    What would be best build going for server first hunter? got a problem with always thinking pvp scenarios.

Aspect of the iron hawk or Exhilaration ?

Deleted
    Here is a 1 button opening macro for those who are interested, start with HM -> SrS -> RF and then spam the shit out of the macro.

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=40/ Bestial Wrath, Kill Command, Lynx Rush, Dire Beast, Readiness, Kill Command, Arcane Shot, Arcane Shot, Lynx Rush, Dire Beast, Arcane Shot, Arcane Shot, Bestial Wrath, Kill Command, Serpent Sting
    Last edited by mmocf4ab73a1dd; 2012-09-11 at 11:35 AM.

Nice macro ive been using since i went BM:-

#showtooltip Kill Command
    /startattack
    /cast [@pettarget, exits] Kill Command

basically means you can set your pet on passive, leave it on a boss and when you press KC it will cast it on the boss not your current target, nice for fights like HC Zonozz and Yorsaj as it eliminates your pet running about (if you run with assist for what ever reason) or eliminates having to manually target back to the boss to cast kill command.

*EDIT* oh and as it stands aMoC is better for single target LR for Multi Target fights

*EDIT #2* is it worth delaying Bestial Wrath to pair with rapid? (and LR if your running it over aMoC) I cant decide if the 20 seconds missed on BW each cast is worth it, over a 5 minute fight that's a whole BW lost =/
    Last edited by Zarosia; 2012-09-11 at 01:46 PM.
    I have loved to the point of madness; That which is called madness, That which to me, is the only sensible way to love.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eeket/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarosia View Post
    Nice macro ive been using since i went BM:-

#showtooltip Kill Command
    /startattack
    /cast [@pettarget, exits] Kill Command

basically means you can set your pet on passive, leave it on a boss and when you press KC it will cast it on the boss not your current target, nice for fights like HC Zonozz and Yorsaj as it eliminates your pet running about (if you run with assist for what ever reason) or eliminates having to manually target back to the boss to cast kill command.

*EDIT* oh and as it stands aMoC is better for single target LR for Multi Target fights

*EDIT #2* is it worth delaying Bestial Wrath to pair with rapid? (and LR if your running it over aMoC) I cant decide if the 20 seconds missed on BW each cast is worth it, over a 5 minute fight that's a whole BW lost =/
    The answer to ur "edit 2" is that you should prioritize BW over RF, see my macro.
    And here's a text that Kien wrote ->

Quote Originally Posted by Kiea View Post
    You're incorrect with BW and RF at the same time, there is one exception at the start of a fight you do this -

Pop All CDs in correct order so certain things benefit from buffs.
    Kill Command
    Readiness
    Kill Command
    Dire Beast / Lynx Rush
    Bestial Wrath when the first one is off
    Rapid Fire when the second bestial wrath is off, or save it for an upcoming proc or potion, depends on fight length.

The reason the first Rapid Fire gets kinda wasted is because its far better to do double BW for things like Lynx Rush which you need to use during Rabid and Potion, and if you delay the readiness, your DPS will fail because of that, not doing this will result in even more DPS loss at level 90 because you delay your level 90 talent spells even more, which do a lot of damage.

Deleted
    Anyone else having some problems with this macro

#showtooltip Bestial Wrath
    /use 10
    /cast blood fury
    /cast Bestial Wrath
    /cast Rabid

I have to press it a couple of times before bestial wrath goes off.

Deleted
    guys one question...i see lots of macros with rabid...but isn't it an automatic ability of the pet which does not need to be clicked?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ganodorf View Post
    guys one question...i see lots of macros with rabid...but isn't it an automatic ability of the pet which does not need to be clicked?
    Yes but it has a pretty long cd and you don't want it to fire at the end of a fight and then waste its potential until the next fight, or fire on some trash mob and then be on cd when the boss fight starts.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I suggest to macro the gloves tinker (/use 10) with BW only, in case you have to delay BW for any reason during the encounter, better to delay the gloves tinker too and pop them together after. The dps increase of using them together is more than the loss of the few secs.

I can't include Rabid into a cast sequence macro. Does anyone have the same problem?

The following macro works fine:

/castsequence reset=2 Serpent Sting, Dire Beast, Bestial Wrath

but when I include Rabid the casts equence stops before Bestial Wrath with an error message (spell not ready) even if Rabid is available.

/castsequence reset=2 Serpent Sting, Dire Beast, Rabid, Bestial Wrath

I know that the following macro solves the problem:

/cast Rabid
    /castsequence reset=2 Serpent Sting, Dire Beast, Bestial Wrath

but I dont want Rabid to be at the beginning because I also want to use the macro sometimes to only cast a Serpent Sting without the rest of the sequence (and without Rabid of course)

So is it a bug or didn't Blizzard want us to /castsequence pet abillities?

Quote Originally Posted by Balta87 View Post
    I suggest to macro the gloves tinker (/use 10) with BW only, in case you have to delay BW for any reason during the encounter, better to delay the gloves tinker too and pop them together after. The dps increase of using them together is more than the loss of the few secs.
    I was actualy thinking the same, what do you guys think about this issue ?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldy View Post
    I was actualy thinking the same, what do you guys think about this issue ?
    It's always better to pop cooldowns together. If you are truly trying to make yourself a better player, it's almost impossible to make a "Use X cooldown here" as each will be dependent on the length of the fight. In this case, will not using your gloves for a few seconds now, and possibly a few other times in the fight, make it so you lose the chance to pop it at the end?

Take a fight like Ultraxion for example, and to simplify it make it a pure tank and spank (Ignore groups and fading light I mean). The average Ultraxion for me takes about 2 Minutes 30 seconds, give or take. So that leaves me with a MAXIMUM of 2 Engineering gloves, and 30 seconds to play around with. Obviously the first glove proc should be used at the start of the fight, but the second can be delayed as much as 30 seconds and still get full benefit. In this case saving it for when your LR/3rd BW comes off CD would be more beneficial.

The same thing can be done for all cooldowns, and should be if you are truly trying to maximize your DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    But i can make a macro that first casts lynx rush and then dire beast with 2 clicks right?
    I use
    #showtooltip Arcane Shot
    /cast Arcane Shot
    /cast Dire Beast
    /startattack

What this does is usually casts Dire Beast after 1 arcane shot, but you must be spamming the button and have around 30 focus or more for it to bring the beast out for some reason. It can be random but like I said, don't be focus starved and spam the button as quick as possible and it works.

If you wanna test it, take the macro, walk up to a dummy and start spamming it(naturally you have full focus at this point). You should cast one arcane shot and dire beast should cast right after it. It will then always cast Arcane Shot until Dire Beast comes off cd and you spam it again.

I also just linked up /cast Rabid to Bestial Wrath and Lynx Rush seperately, that way if it's off cooldown, it will always get used during one of these abilities. And if it's possible to time Lynx Rush during Bestial Wrath, it will have casted rabid already on Bestial Wrath for the first Kill Command and lasts right through including during lynx rush..
    Last edited by Chareoss; 2012-09-14 at 07:27 AM.