Page 4 of 110 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Well there's really no other spec if you want to heal your pet with Health Funnel
    Demonology has nothing, and the only appeal of Destruction is Ember Tap with Soul Link, but Affliction is still way better because of the 30% damage reduction and the fact that it's generally easier to generate shards than embers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelol View Post
    Grats on Ashes, on another note, what is that nice loot addon you are using and what frames are you using!
    Haha, thanks!

The UI I'm using is ElvUI, it's basically an all-in-one revamp of the whole UI. You won't find it on Curse, they decided to take it to their own site a while ago. You can find it here instead: http://tukui.org/dl.php

---------- Post added 2012-09-09 at 11:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    Well there's really no other spec if you want to heal your pet with Health Funnel
    Demonology has nothing, and the only appeal of Destruction is Ember Tap with Soul Link, but Affliction is still way better because of the 30% damage reduction and the fact that it's generally easier to generate shards than embers.
    I never checked Affliction out on the beta either, so I had no clue you could burn a shard on HF.

Nice one, thanks for that. I have a question about the ELVUI for you Nerraw, how do you remove the "buffs" that come on top of your name (the player frame)? I see the buffs in the minimap corner and dont need them cluttering the frame. Not perhaps the right forum for it but while we are at it

Config->UnitFrames->Player Frame->Dropdown Menu: Buffs->Uncheck Enable

i see i have some work to do tonight. ...

Any idea what might cause you to get insta ported to Thaladred / Sanguinar as soon as p3 starts? I was in the middle of an attempt, trying to burn down the Weapons (had some bad placement, still learning the fight) and p3 Started and Poof, i get insta ported over to where i had killed THaladred / Sanguinar.

Also,what do you guys do to prevent Conflagrate? Nothing i did as destro seemed to remove / prevent it, leading to me getting my ass handed to me when copernian showed up and left me twitching helplessly for 10+ seconds while everyone else beat me to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Any idea what might cause you to get insta ported to Thaladred / Sanguinar as soon as p3 starts? I was in the middle of an attempt, trying to burn down the Weapons (had some bad placement, still learning the fight) and p3 Started and Poof, i get insta ported over to where i had killed THaladred / Sanguinar.

Also,what do you guys do to prevent Conflagrate? Nothing i did as destro seemed to remove / prevent it, leading to me getting my ass handed to me when copernian showed up and left me twitching helplessly for 10+ seconds while everyone else beat me to death.
    Equip the staff that drops from the weapons and use it for the buff for the last 2 phases of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Equip the staff that drops from the weapons and use it for the buff for the last 2 phases of the fight.
    Ahh, suppose that makes sense, since i hadnt managed to kill the staff yet that attempt when p3 kicked in.

Any thoughts about the Insta Port thing? really threw me off to be yoinked over to the two Mele Advisors with no warning.

Deleted
    Razorgore the untamed can be now soloed as a warlock quite easily, with glyph of demon hunting and gilmoire of sacrifice, made encounter quite easy.
    Healing from gilmore of sacrifice + extra threat from glyph of demonhunting give you all the aggro from mobs.
    Dark regeneration + glyph of healthstone will keep you up between adds, you can also use infernal for extra aoe.
    All the other bosses are easy in BWL, Vaelastrasz the corrupt you need above 30k dps to bring him down before you die on the debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dequa View Post
    Razorgore the untamed can be now soloed as a warlock quite easily, with glyph of demon hunting and gilmoire of sacrifice, made encounter quite easy.
    Healing from gilmore of sacrifice + extra threat from glyph of demonhunting give you all the aggro from mobs.
    Dark regeneration + glyph of healthstone will keep you up between adds, you can also use infernal for extra aoe.
    All the other bosses are easy in BWL, Vaelastrasz the corrupt you need above 30k dps to bring him down before you die on the debuff.
    How is Razorgore now soloable?......... want to explain that one for me?

Deleted
    You go into first room, use your felguard/wrath to nuke down 3 mobs on the orb platform, after that you sacrifice your pet with your gilmoire and go into dark apothesis form, then start mindcontrolling razorgore, killing eggs.
    When MC fades, you nuke all the mobs that are attacking you, then start mcing again, till all the eggs are destroyed.
    Controlling the orb doesn't get interrupted by the damage anymore so you are just tanking all the mobs, healing from the sacrifice + dark apothesis will give you threat to pull all the mobs from razorgore to you in the room. It's quite simple.
    When you got 5-10 seconds left controlling on MC you should try to get razorgore end of the room otherside so it takes bit longer him to come back to you before you mc him again. I used 3 tries before I was able to kill him, he only lost like 60% of his HP because I was getting all the aggro from the mobs because of that sacrifice healing.

I dunno if I'm just retarded or what...but I couldn't solo Kael'Thas or Ony 10 to save my F-ing life.

Every time on Ony I'd get to phase 3 and the whelps would just destroy me. First round of whelps was easy mode, but with the fear my pet would just go full retard and I would die...every time.

And KT...how in the flying FU*$ do you kill the 4 bastards when he rezzes them? I did this probably 20 times, and ever time they would punt my ass around the room and I would be dead in 30-40 seconds.

Did both of these fights as affliction AND demo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsauce View Post
    And KT...how in the flying FU*$ do you kill the 4 bastards when he rezzes them? I did this probably 20 times, and ever time they would punt my ass around the room and I would be dead in 30-40 seconds.

Did both of these fights as affliction AND demo.
    First, you should try as destro. With Felhunter-GoSacrifice.
    And are you doing the whole fight in Kael'thas' room? It's way easier if you kite the advisors out (Thaladred and Sanguinar at the entrance, Capernian in A'lar's room, and Telonicus in the hallway near KT's room). That way you have time to burn one advisor at a time before the next one comes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post

I've only seen this happen a couple times. When it does, I generally just go down in flames since by then there's three advisors. I dunno the exact cause. There was one time where I got summoned and was able to just kill the dude before the other two showed up again but it was close and pretty positive I still lost the fight later on.

Unbound will is probably your best talent for this fight among any in the particular tier. No reasons not to have it handy. More useful when the dude runs up behind Cappy and fears. There's also a staff to prevent any conflag impairments. What I do as Destro for Weapons, assuming you're out of KT's room is stand in corner. By this point, you should have nearly a full ember bar btw. Drop the Inferno, hit F&B and get Immolate up on all of them. RoF (watch out for being interrupted by the...shield?). F&B Conflag then keep tabbing through killing them off. Goes fairly quickly.

What Ysen said. Go Destro. It, I think has become the best soloing spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    What Ysen said. Go Destro. It, I think has become the best soloing spec.
    Hmm I won't go that far. It's probably the best spec for Kael'thas, but it's only because you can't use a pet.
    If you have your pet (=voidlord) as a tank, Affliction has better pet-healing (aka Soulburn:Health Funnel). 30% damage reduction + instant pet-healing + the fact that it's easier to generate shards than embers, beat Ember Tap most of the time.
    I soloed all of Naxx and Ulduar (except Algalon :x) and used Affliction most of the time.
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2012-09-11 at 05:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno. I've been having better luck with Destro. YMMV!

Have they fixed the issue with Kael MCing his current target (I know I remember hearing lots of DKs complaining about it right after patch)? Used to be a pretty easy fight for me as afflic pre-patch but having to use the voidlord to tank him while I LoS makes it a bit more of a pain.

For the people talking about the teleport thing, are you doing the whole fight in kael's room? If you use the strat where you take the first 2 advisors to the start and have the 4th right by the entrance to Kael's room you shouldn't have this issue (you will be killing the weapons right next to the 4th advisor so when he repops he is already near you). I've used that strat for as long as I've been able to solo him and never been ported except when Thaladred knocks me up on a high ledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    First, you should try as destro. With Felhunter-GoSacrifice.
    And are you doing the whole fight in Kael'thas' room? It's way easier if you kite the advisors out (Thaladred and Sanguinar at the entrance, Capernian in A'lar's room, and Telonicus in the hallway near KT's room). That way you have time to burn one advisor at a time before the next one comes.
    How do you run out of KT's room when the door is closed? Are you talking about phase 1 where they activate one at a time?

Maybe a fight breakdown would help me out here.

The door doesn't close for a quite while so what you do is start the fight then immediately run out to the entrance while Kael is still talking.

What I do is go Destruction and use Grimoire of Sacrifice but I'll keep the Voidwalker out until I actually begin to fight Kael'thas himself. It's a good idea to let him tank whatever he can to spare you some damage.

So as soon as you've started the encounter run out to the entrance and wait for Thaladred and Sanguinar. Kill them as they come, as close to the entrance as possible (be careful so the knockbacks and fears dont push out you of the instance). As soon as they're both dead start heading back in - you should meet Capernian about half way and kill her there. Next run all the way back to where Kaels room is and kill Telonicus there. (It's important to delay killing him for about 40 seconds so the stun debuff wears off before the next phase).

Stand just around the corner of the door to Kael's room so the weapons will come to you. AoE them down, focusing on the Cosmic Infuser first since it heals and beware the shield because it will interupts your casts. Its probably a good idea to let your voidwalker tank the shield and summon an infernal to help. Once they're dead loot the Staff of Disintergration, equip it and click it to activate the CC protection buff. After they're dead you can now summon and Sacrifice your Felhunter.

All 4 advisors will now res but they'll be so spread out that you can kill them one by one. They shouldnt be much of a problem.

Once they are all dead Kael'thas will run to you. It is imperitive that you have no pets out at all, not even the Doomguard because Kael is currently bugged and will MC you immediately. Proceed to nuke Kael but save your Burning Embers for Ember Tap. You can pretty much just ignore the Phoenixes since they'll die on their own over time, maybe use Havoc on them but as soon as they die you must destroy their eggs so they dont res. When Kael starts casting Pyroblast nuke down his shield and spell lock him asap. Don't be afraid to use defensive cooldowns (Unending Resolve/Healthstone etc).

Once Kael is low enough HP he'll run back to his room and "power up" for the final phase. At this point he'll start spamming purple beams which do next to no damage and summoning Nether Vapors (purple floating blobs), you must stay away from these, just move down the corridor to avoid them. This is the easiest phase and shouldnt be much of a problem at all.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2012-09-11 at 06:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's quite a few Youtube vids showing the general strat for Kael if a written explanation isn't enough. It's pretty straightforward.