Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanasm View Post
    200% more than "50% of my max. HP" is 150% of my max. HP, or 750k. Soul Leech and Twilight Ward mean a hit for 800k started out around a million. If my max health is 500k, that's 400% of normal damage, not 300%. Hence bugged. Also, Blizzard acknowledged that it was bugged during 5.1. So there's that.

Seriously, do you have a pathological need to argue things this petty? What is the problem?
    Ha someone is mad just pointing out that you are wrong that's all. Here, I even dug up the buff that was killing you that you thought was a bug. http://www.wowhead.com/spell=38449 You're welcome.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Ha someone is mad just pointing out that you are wrong that's all. Here, I even dug up the buff that was killing you that you thought was a bug. http://www.wowhead.com/spell=38449 You're welcome.
    The comments prove me right, so thanks for linking that to me. (Kill adds first? Pre-5.3, he'd still one-shot).

Feel like more of a man now? I guess some people are petty enough to argue anything to death...
    Last edited by Vulcanasm; 2013-05-27 at 05:14 AM.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanasm View Post
    The comments prove me right, so thanks for linking that to me. (Kill adds first? He still one-shots). Amazing how pettily you argue when all your desperate flailing proves I'm right.

Feel like more of a man now?
    You are either delusional or a very elaborate troll :P

Has anyone solo'd 10 man Magmaw since 5.3 hit? Just not possible to keep voidy up with 2 part tier with 15% pet healing. Insta resummon and then manually summon though pet is going down before first lot of adds appear. Have tested different talents though nothing seems to be working. Would appreciate one of the more experienced locks confirm whether there is a bug/issue since 5.3 hit soloing this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dblzero7 View Post
    Has anyone solo'd 10 man Magmaw since 5.3 hit? Just not possible to keep voidy up with 2 part tier with 15% pet healing. Insta resummon and then manually summon though pet is going down before first lot of adds appear. Have tested different talents though nothing seems to be working. Would appreciate one of the more experienced locks confirm whether there is a bug/issue since 5.3 hit soloing this.
    Tried soul link+soul leech?

Theres no bug i killed magmaw on heroic yesterday (killing it every week because of the gold :<)

how much are the old metas are soloable? Are at least most of the Wrath and Cata 5 man ones soloable unless it requires 5 people like share the love? Also what about raid Metas in places like Ulduar and Naxx or even tier 11.

Is disarmed bugged? I start by killing the right arm then i get the left arm to 10% then the body to 40%. The when the the right pops i burn it dead again, then the right, then the last 10% on the body and i keep missing it. Can swear that im beating the timer on it. Anyone have a better way of doing this?

Hello guys. I'm looking for some advice to down normal Beth'tilac 10. I just can't kill her.

I'm ilvl 497ilvl, mostly lfr gear, but still I think I should be able to do it. The thing is I'm forced to do it with Soul Link+2Tp5 and Destruction as I can't even reach the last phase (when she goes down) if I try any other combination of talents or even another spec. As Destruction is fairly easy until the final phase, but without 2pT5 it seems my voidlord takes like a lot of damage and I end up spending all embers into ember tap. As affliction my Voidlord takes even more damage, I really don't understand why, but again I'm forced to use SL+2pT5 or I just can't keep him alive.

I've watched all solo videos by warlocks killing her on youtube and I'm pretty sure I'm missing something during the top phase, but I don't know what is it.

Anyways, as Destro SL+2pT5 I can manage to down her to the last phase. But then I just get ripped apart by the huge amount of damage the drones deal to both me and my VL. My best attempt she was still 1M health, which is something I can do easily with Chaos Bolts, but I must use embers to tap, so I do crappy damage and end up dying anyways.

It's getting really frustrating XD.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    how much are the old metas are soloable? Are at least most of the Wrath and Cata 5 man ones soloable unless it requires 5 people like share the love? Also what about raid Metas in places like Ulduar and Naxx or even tier 11.
    Refer to the spreadsheet in my sig, you will have a hard time trying to solo the T11 meta since some of the hardmodes still haven't been yet (and conclave cannot currently be soloed by us). Only a few things left in WotLK that we have not soloed but should be doable by next tier.

---------- Post added 2013-05-28 at 03:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Is disarmed bugged? I start by killing the right arm then i get the left arm to 10% then the body to 40%. The when the the right pops i burn it dead again, then the right, then the last 10% on the body and i keep missing it. Can swear that im beating the timer on it. Anyone have a better way of doing this?
    I remember people reporting it as buggy on wowhead, but I don't remember what the suggested way was to kill him. Best bet is to check the more recent comments (say patch 4.X and later) to see what people say about soloing him.

---------- Post added 2013-05-28 at 03:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    Hello guys. I'm looking for some advice to down normal Beth'tilac 10. I just can't kill her.

I'm ilvl 497ilvl, mostly lfr gear, but still I think I should be able to do it. The thing is I'm forced to do it with Soul Link+2Tp5 and Destruction as I can't even reach the last phase (when she goes down) if I try any other combination of talents or even another spec. As Destruction is fairly easy until the final phase, but without 2pT5 it seems my voidlord takes like a lot of damage and I end up spending all embers into ember tap. As affliction my Voidlord takes even more damage, I really don't understand why, but again I'm forced to use SL+2pT5 or I just can't keep him alive.

I've watched all solo videos by warlocks killing her on youtube and I'm pretty sure I'm missing something during the top phase, but I don't know what is it.

Anyways, as Destro SL+2pT5 I can manage to down her to the last phase. But then I just get ripped apart by the huge amount of damage the drones deal to both me and my VL. My best attempt she was still 1M health, which is something I can do easily with Chaos Bolts, but I must use embers to tap, so I do crappy damage and end up dying anyways.

I haven't done this fight myself yet but from what I remember when she gets to 10% she automatically descends regardless if she's cast 3 smoldering devastations, so what you want to do is get her to around 11% and hold off until she starts her next cast, then blow all CDs and nuke the heck out of her to burn off as much of that as you can before she descends.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post

I don't advise using the 2PT5. You'll lose too much dps, and dps is survability as destro/soul link/soul leech (497ilvl is enough). As you know the key is to always have Soul Leech up on your pet so that he keeps his Void Shield up. Also refresh Void Shield manuallly as the pet won't cast it on his own.
    I'm guessing that because you use the 2PT5, you can't keep a Soul Leech shield big enough on your pet, meaning that he loses his Void Shield, meaning that he'll take even more dmg.
    Use Twilight Ward every cd to mitigate Soul Link dmg. Mortal Coil on cd for free healing.
    If there's too much dmg, avoid Smoldering Devastation by jumping down near the end of her cast and teleporting back up instantly.
    She goes down at 10%, so you can wait for her to cast Devastation to burst dps her during those extra seconds. Use all dps cds, you need to kill her while she goes down, without Dark Bargain you won't survive much time with all the adds bolting you.

This strat works for normal and heroic.

Edit: And if you wish to use affliction, don't take Soul Link ofc. Keep Dark Bargain for last phase and heal your pet with SB:HF.
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2013-05-28 at 10:55 PM.

Has anyone tried soloing the Arrested Development achievement in Blackrock Caverns? I'm still missing some of those achievements for the Cataclysm meta and I'm considering soloing at least some of them for the lulz. Most of the ones I'm missing should be easy enough, but there are a few of them that I have a feeling will be quite challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Has anyone tried soloing the Arrested Development achievement in Blackrock Caverns? I'm still missing some of those achievements for the Cataclysm meta and I'm considering soloing at least some of them for the lulz. Most of the ones I'm missing should be easy enough, but there are a few of them that I have a feeling will be quite challenging.
    Should be easy enough to solo, just put your voidlord on the boss and kite the adds around. If they start to get close to you just use burning rush to widen the gap. The adds' threat is based on last damage so you shouldn't have to worry about your voidlord taking them off of you.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    Should be easy enough to solo, just put your voidlord on the boss and kite the adds around. If they start to get close to you just use burning rush to widen the gap. The adds' threat is based on last damage so you shouldn't have to worry about your voidlord taking them off of you.
    Soul Burn CoEx makes this a complete joke. I did it a few months ago, even with the KJC slow they never even came close to me. Just make sure you're ready with a single target CoEx at 66% and 33% when the boss changes bodies.

http://www.wowdb.com/achievements/52...ed-development

Talking about that one. Not too worried about the other one.

@jaymzkerten and @ysen, thank you very much for the advices.

I finally got her, I didn't know that Void Shield didn't autocast, my bad, I just macro'ed it and I only had to use Ember Tap at the end of the fight when she goes down, so easy with that little trick :O... I also popped every offensive CD right before she starts casting the last Smoldering Devastation and when she finished she only got left 0.5M health, then I popped all defensive CD's and killed her

http://www.wowdb.com/achievements/52...ed-development

Talking about that one. Not too worried about the other one.
    Sorry for the confusion, I don't remember the names of these things anymore. I did that as well, just zerg it. If your dps is low, just perform the mechanics of one of the beams yourself, and have your pet tank the other Adds when they spawn. He's going to get hit hard, but she should be almost dead if your gear is decent.

Sitting on 510 at the moment. Not been able to do much raiding this tier.

Sitting on 510 at the moment. Not been able to do much raiding this tier.
    You should be completely fine then. I was able to do it as Demonology last tier. Let us know if you struggle and on what part and we'll help if we can.

Skada: 18:42:57: Nerraw dies
    Skada: -0.38: Evolved Twilight Zealot's Gravity Strike -251.5K (0.0K, 0.0%)
    Skada: -0.41: Evolved Twilight Zealot's Gravity Strike -251.5K (214.2K, 42.3%)
    Skada: -1.10: Evolved Twilight Zealot's Attack -8.3K (506.1K, 100.0%)
    Skada: -1.10: Evolved Twilight Zealot's Attack -11.7K (506.1K, 100.0%)

This will be an interesting evening.

They seem to be ignoring the gateway debuff for some reason.

Skada: 18:42:57: Nerraw dies
    Skada: -0.38: Evolved Twilight Zealot's Gravity Strike -251.5K (0.0K, 0.0%)
    Skada: -0.41: Evolved Twilight Zealot's Gravity Strike -251.5K (214.2K, 42.3%)
    Skada: -1.10: Evolved Twilight Zealot's Attack -8.3K (506.1K, 100.0%)
    Skada: -1.10: Evolved Twilight Zealot's Attack -11.7K (506.1K, 100.0%)

This will be an interesting evening.

They seem to be ignoring the gateway debuff for some reason.

Pop some Defensive CDs as soon as they spawn. They do both attacks right away, then nothing but melee attacks for a bit.