Page 61 of 110 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Small snowball View Post
    He is too random because of p2. Brain room, tentacles spawn brings A LOT of RNG to the fight. And there still are p3, but this is not a very big problem with current dps numbers.

Btw, what about new av? Seems like an op talent for soloing.
    Blizz has already stated that they are going to re-revamp AV because they don't like the idea of locks doing what tanks are already doing (taking otherwise avoidable damage to boost DPS), so now it will be something along the lines of a much more powerful DS.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Quote Originally Posted by EvreliaGaming View Post
    Slate definitely makes it a lot harder on healing, although countered I feel by releasing the slate and getting the stuns on halfus - you can basically kill an entire dragon in that time. Slate + Nether Scion is the real nasty combo, but still killable.
    Yeah, Slate and Nether is what I had. Pretty annoying to deal with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is Demon bad for soloing? Does the "tank" glyph make any fight a bit more interesting?
    Hi

Deleted
    You do very poor dps with the glyph, and your voidlord can already tank better than you anyway. Plus Soul Leech (which scales with your dmg) makes him not losing his Void Shield (which is OP and probably not intended).
    Apart from gimmick fights (Chimaeron), don't use Dark Apotheosis.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    Apart from gimmick fights (Chimaeron), don't use Dark Apotheosis.
    To add to this, Heroic 25 Marrowgar.

Soul Link now transfers 20% of damage taken by the Warlock to their pet, and 3% of all damage dealt by the Warlock will be returned as healing for the Warlock and their pet. This ability is always active while the Warlock's pet is active.

Well this is a huge hit to warlock soloing. Along with the Soul Leech nerf, it doesn't seem like locks will be able to solo much in 5.4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    Soul Link now transfers 20% of damage taken by the Warlock to their pet, and 3% of all damage dealt by the Warlock will be returned as healing for the Warlock and their pet. This ability is always active while the Warlock's pet is active.

Well this is a huge hit to warlock soloing. Along with the Soul Leech nerf, it doesn't seem like locks will be able to solo much in 5.4
    We could hope(or ask and hopefully get it?) for a Glyph that turns Soul Link into its old Version.

If they drop the 50% pet health reduced wouldn't this be great? Since 3% of damage is healing we wouldn't need to focus on healing much unless the pet is being torn up completely.
    dicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kneepel View Post
    If they drop the 50% pet health reduced wouldn't this be great? Since 3% of damage is healing we wouldn't need to focus on healing much unless the pet is being torn up completely.
    3% of our damage isn't much. Even if you are doing 150k dps (not including pet dps), that is only 4.5k hps. That is complete crap. Using ourselves as tanks with the 20% reduction isn't an option either. Currently my pet has around 28% more physical damage reduction from armor than me. The voidlord also has Void Shield and has a chance to parry and dodge, which we lack. So unless this talent is changed somehow, warlock soloing will be little better than what it was in cata.

3% of our damage isn't much. Even if you are doing 150k dps (not including pet dps), that is only 4.5k hps. That is complete crap. Using ourselves as tanks with the 20% reduction isn't an option either. Currently my pet has around 28% more physical damage reduction from armor than me. The voidlord also has Void Shield and has a chance to parry and dodge, which we lack. So unless this talent is changed somehow, warlock soloing will be little better than what it was in cata.
    True, but what about affiliction soloing? I haven't really been playing my lock since 5.2ish but isn't SB+HF still really good for healing?
    dicks

10+ Year Old Account

This is actually an ok for Warlock Soloing, the Soul Link. Previously, Soul Link just increases EH, and allowed for Destro's Ember Tap to heal pet as well as self.

Now, Soul Link STILL increases EH by the same amount (20%), but also increases self healing ability for all specs.

for Soul Leech, its rate of gain is still the EXACT same. The only thing Soul Leech nerf will change for soloing is making bosses that do >15% health in damage periodically require a bit more self healing, aka any fights where you have 1 big spike every ~ 60 seconds or so. For those fights, Sacrificial Pact would nullify the spikes anyway.

When it comes down to soloing things anyway, theres really only 2 specs used- Destro using Soul Link+Ember Tap, and Affliction using SB-Health Funnel. For Destro, while this is a minor nerf- your ember taps no longer heal your pet, you can now Health Funnel your pet (At a significant DPS loss of course), and for fights with lighter healing requirements (Everything but Ultraxion in pre-MoP content), you will put out MORE healing then before as you can concentrate more on dps. For Affliction, you can take Soul Link now instead of Sacrifical Pact/Dark Bargain.

So, yea. Soul Leech change will rarely affect Soloing capabilities, maybe in 1 or 2 fights, and Soul Link change will boost soloing capabilities for 1 spec, and change it for another.

If anything, ask for a buff to Ember Tap to heal pet for 50% of healing done.

- - - Updated - - -

Its 3% to self and pet, so 9k hps. Count in the 20% to self and pet, thats 46% damage as self healing going out, whereas with previous Soul Link, only 40% damage as self healing going out, and you had to sacrifice Chaos Bolts for Ember Taps to heal pet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

True, but what about affiliction soloing? I haven't really been playing my lock since 5.2ish but isn't SB+HF still really good for healing?
    SB+HF was changed in 5.3 to still be channeled and heals the pet for for 140% more (72% of pets hp total) and reduced damage taken by 30% for 10 second.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    This is actually an ok for Warlock Soloing, the Soul Link. Previously, Soul Link just increases EH, and allowed for Destro's Ember Tap to heal pet as well as self.

Now, Soul Link STILL increases EH by the same amount (20%), but also increases self healing ability for all specs.

for Soul Leech, its rate of gain is still the EXACT same. The only thing Soul Leech nerf will change for soloing is making bosses that do >15% health in damage periodically require a bit more self healing, aka any fights where you have 1 big spike every ~ 60 seconds or so. For those fights, Sacrificial Pact would nullify the spikes anyway.

When it comes down to soloing things anyway, theres really only 2 specs used- Destro using Soul Link+Ember Tap, and Affliction using SB-Health Funnel. For Destro, while this is a minor nerf- your ember taps no longer heal your pet, you can now Health Funnel your pet (At a significant DPS loss of course), and for fights with lighter healing requirements (Everything but Ultraxion in pre-MoP content), you will put out MORE healing then before as you can concentrate more on dps. For Affliction, you can take Soul Link now instead of Sacrifical Pact/Dark Bargain.

So, yea. Soul Leech change will rarely affect Soloing capabilities, maybe in 1 or 2 fights, and Soul Link change will boost soloing capabilities for 1 spec, and change it for another.

If anything, ask for a buff to Ember Tap to heal pet for 50% of healing done.

- - - Updated - - -

Its 3% to self and pet, so 9k hps. Count in the 20% to self and pet, thats 46% damage as self healing going out, whereas with previous Soul Link, only 40% damage as self healing going out, and you had to sacrifice Chaos Bolts for Ember Taps to heal pet.
    I think you are vastly misunderstanding the change.

First, "Soul Link now transfers 20% of damage taken by the Warlock to their pet" This says nothing about 20% of the damage the pet takes goes to the warlock. So when pet tanking, the pet gets no benefit from the first part of the change.

Second, "and 3% of all damage dealt by the Warlock will be returned as healing for the Warlock and their pet." The pet does benefit from this, but that is only 3% of the damage as healing because the other 3% will be healing me, which if there is no aoe damage going out, does not help with soloing.

So assuming blizzard is reverting the 50% pet hp reduction with Soul Link, (speaking in terms of my own character/stats) my Void Lord will have 368.1k hp, instead of 797.45k (Effective Health with current Soul Link), and 3% of my damage done as well as 30% of its hp (110.43k) over 5 seconds from Health Funnel (at a dps loss) and Soul Leech which the benefits to my pet is pretty much cut in half (likely won't reach the 15% hp cap with high damage, but since my Soul Leech shield absorbed damage transferred to me through Soul Link, it will only be 50% as effective in 5.4) as oppose to ~153.35k heals from Ember Tap + 3k heals per tick of immolate + healing from Healthstone + Double Soul Leech with virtually no cap.

To add on to this, the biggest strength of Destro soloing was the synergy between the Voidlord's Void Shield, Soul Leech, and Soul Link. Void Shield gives the minion a shield that reduces damage taken by 20% per stack and has 3 stacks, so 60% damage reduction. If it is to take damage, it would lose a stack. However, if the pet absorbs all of an attack, it will not lose a stack but still reduce it by 60%. Soul Link makes you and your pet take damage proportional to your respective health pools. So the player takes ~75% of a hit and the minion takes ~25% of that damage. So, if the minion is has a 90k shield and Void Shield up with 3 stacks and then is struck for 100k damage, that damage would first be reduced by 60%, making it 40k. Then, it will be split between pet and master. The master will take 75% of the incoming damage (30k) and the pet will take 25% (10k). That incoming damage will then be absorbed by the pets shield, reducing it to a 80k shield. So as you see, the amount of damage was significantly reduced, but in 5.4 this will be impossible. If the pet were to have a 50k shield (my pets current Soul Leech cap in 5.4) with Void Shield at 3 stacks and then took a 100k hit, the damage would be reduced by 60%, to 40k. The pet's shield would be reduced to 10k. The next hit will break the shield and the pet will lose a stack of Void Shield and it will just go downhill from there.

So yeah, that is a huge nerf.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Sorry if has been answered be fore but which is better for Pet tanking?
    The Set which heal is for some of the damage you deal or the other set that increases Magic resistance?
    Just use normal gear.
    Last edited by Twilight Cultist; 2013-07-13 at 11:34 AM.

Glyph Health Funnel, so when you SB+HF it restores around 30% of the demon's health + 30% damage reduction for 10 seconds. This is pretty much what it was before albeit minus the 10 second cool down, I'm fairly certain the healing from new Soul Link can keep the demon up fine in those 10 seconds(+ you have 30% damage reduction anyways)

So we're still okay, right?
    dicks

Glyph Health Funnel, so when you SB+HF it restores around 30% of the demon's health + 30% damage reduction for 10 seconds. This is pretty much what it was before albeit minus the 10 second cool down, I'm fairly certain the healing from new Soul Link can keep the demon up fine in those 10 seconds(+ you have 30% damage reduction anyways)

So we're still okay, right?
    I'm guessing you have never tried soloing some of the harder Cata bosses. Even at Ilvl 536, if you are trying to solo Rag without using the Void Shield strat and don't pay attention to the stacks, Rag will rock your pet's hp and yours in no time. So no, to solo the harder bosses, that won't be much.

So uh, new soul link still replaces health funnel.
    dicks

So uh, new soul link still replaces health funnel.
    No it does not.

Old Soul Link

Soul Link
    Warlock - LvL 45 Talent
    100 yd range
    Instant 10 sec cooldown
    When active, all damage and healing you and your demon take is shared, but your demon's health is reduced by 50%. Recasting this spell cancels the effect.

Replaces Health Funnel.

New Soul Link

Soul Link
    Warlock - LvL 45 Talent
    100 yd range
    20% of all damage taken is split with your summoned demon. Additionally, 3% of all damage you deal is converted to healing on you and your summoned demon.
    Last edited by Sifonology; 2013-07-16 at 06:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EvreliaGaming View Post
    Spirit Kings
    • It is no longer possible for pets to tank Qiang the Merciless.

Not sure exactly how, but they deliberately patched it to make it impossible. Presumably they just won't hold aggro or something.
    IF(Qiang.Tank.Type = "Pet") THEN CrashWoWClient();
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifonology View Post
    No it does not.
    On the PTR it currently still does, though it's probably a bug.

Deleted
    Hey guys. I always wanted the Yogg0 mount, and know a couple of months ago, Mionelol (DK) and some hunter soloed it.

Do you think this will be doable by Locks anytime soon? The problem is obviously p3, and how to deal with that -> and in long term with the Destruction nerf, it would most likely be as Affliction or Demo?.

I have 540 ilvl atm, while we might need alot more gear than DK's and Hunters, it could / should be doable next tier?

Edit: Destruction might also be the go - to, if you can dish out enough dmg.
    Last edited by mmoc909dfd26c8; 2013-07-16 at 02:59 PM.

Deleted
    just soloed naxx 25 as destro in pvp gear, and the only issue was with the was the DK cavaliers trash mobs if I pulled them too much