Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Arenanet Stop sales to alleviate server loads.

http://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2/p...51098751069209

Guess they waiting for more then just the negative posters on MMO-C who have "claimed" they have quit to actually quit.
    Last edited by ShadowCrafter; 2012-08-31 at 05:46 AM.

Deleted
    Good move of Arenanet, guess all the whiners did not actually quit.

All credit to arenanet for releasing an amazing product, I think they under sold themselves because of what happened with SWTOR but I still think the way they've implemented the overflow system will still be the best in the long run. Also MoP being released on the 25th of Sep so I am sure the youngsters will move across to it alleviating some of the load.

Deleted
    Amazing! That's a big boy move right there.

Class move by ArenaNet!

Will be interesting to see how many go back.

http://beta.xfire.com/games/wow
    http://beta.xfire.com/games/gw2
    http://beta.xfire.com/games
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    Class move by ArenaNet!

Will be interesting to see how many go back.

http://beta.xfire.com/games/wow
    http://beta.xfire.com/games/gw2
    http://beta.xfire.com/games
    >implying xfire is indicative of actual gaming population
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Whether xfire is an accurate measure or not, the game is probably selling very well to get Arena Net to actually stop selling it.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-08-31 at 06:35 AM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    It's a sampling to be sure. But you can't ignore the marked and dramatic change on both games beginning 8/25.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing the swtor could support a bigger load. Maybe they just had more servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Good move of Arenanet, guess all the whiners did not actually quit.
    It is possible to criticize something and still enjoy it to some extent, which I know is a hard concept for a lot of people to grasp since they have been conditioned by so many belligerent elitists to believe that any time something is criticized, that it must be the worst thing in the world.

I hate the way World of Warcraft PvP is balanced. But I wish that I didn't, because it would open up more options in the game for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    yeah... I used xfire for about a week until it started pissing me off as much as comodo does

Amazing considering they could just go the greedy way and keep selling
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Whether xfire is an accurate measure or not, the game is probably selling very well to get Arena Net to actually stop selling it.
    My thoughts exactly.

Taking a look at the server populations after yesterday's patch, before the majority had logged in, it looks to me like they can safely add 1-2 English servers in the EU region - almost half the servers were full, and more than half of the remaining were on high population, and again, that's before the majority logging in. Just my observation though.

/tinfoilhat
    The largest portion of their sales are undoubtedly from pre-orders and first day purchases. shutting down sales for a day builds extreme amounts of trust, trust which causes the community to willingly buy in game items with beliefs that the company always has their best interests in mind. Don't forget sales have not completely stopped, only the option of buying the game directly from their website has stopped.

I refuse to immediately believe this is for my benefit. If sales are shutdown for over a week then i shall remove my tinfoilhat.

Xfire is a decent indicator as it establishes a trend. When MoP releases then obv the graph will shoot up again. Xfire is used by true gamers mostly and it shows what they enjoying spending there time playing currently.

However I think LoL will remain number 1 for a long time since it has over 13 million users but Dota 2 will give it some competition when that is released.

The problem arenanet has now is that they have a lot of players who enjoy spending a lot of time in the game. Which shows that they have a great product on there hands, if I was them I wouldn't increase the number of servers and just increase the number of overflow servers because in 6 months from now the game will lose popularity but the servers will still feel well alive.

They have really been smart about this, so big respect to arenanet and can't wait to see what they bringing for endgame content which is what there devs are focussing on now aswell as putting out fires because of the game being too popular.

All but 3 american servers full now.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamCast View Post
    Xfire is a decent indicator as it establishes a trend. When MoP releases then obv the graph will shoot up again. Xfire is used by true gamers mostly and it shows what they enjoying spending there time playing currently.
    Uhh...what?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan007 View Post
    Amazing the swtor could support a bigger load. Maybe they just had more servers.
    Arenanet stated on facebook in a blog post thingy that they aren't opening more servers in an effort to try and keep all the realms healthy and populated...instead of just going here is a bunch of new servers go for your life then some servers will be dead as shit...personally i think its brilliant they said they'll add more servers for regions as the other servers fill up. Evident by their recent addition of 2 new france based servers and 1 germany based server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamCast View Post
    Xfire is used by true gamers mostly
    Hang on... so to be a "true" gamer you have to install a third party chat client? OH GOD I'VE BEEN A FALSE GAMER ALL THIS TI-

Oh, wait, I have Steam. Does Steam count?

Isn't the wow drop more likely to be due to the servers being down whilst they patched? It will give better data n the next few days looking at the 30th,31st

Someone on their hit my nail on the head by saying that they're playing to their target audience of people who get joy from seeing others excluded, lol. All the comments singing their praises confirm that for sure, as do the ones in this thread.