Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

MoP Druid glyph of the Cheetah

Hi guys. Havent seen if there is another threat like that,so i made one.

What do u think about the Glyph of the Cheetah. It brings us back our vanilla like Cheetah animations as our travel form.What if Blizz decide to make it moar viable by introducing a NEW Cheetah Design,huh ? It will be awesome for me atleast and will grab it ASAP

Tell me your opinions. It's not so hard for BLizz to make one or two outlets for our Horde and Aliance travel form,despite of having that brand new Stag form.

I'm most likely going to take it. It's running animation is the best in game.

The actual concept of stag form is actually not that new. If you notice, the icon for travel form has ALWAYS been a hoof.

"Cheetahs don't have hooves?! I don't even..."

Cheetah was merely a placeholder, that ended up sticking around waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

Deleted
    You are right,but imagine a new view of the old Cheetah. A cheetah with an armored back and sharpened graphics design. With some sort of neckless or tattoes over the body. What about that ?

Quote Originally Posted by bearbite View Post
    You are right,but imagine a new view of the old Cheetah. A cheetah with an armored back and sharpened graphics design. With some sort of neckless or tattoes over the body. What about that ?
    That does sound pretty nifty, but I would probably still prefer the stag. I've waited YEARS for it! :3
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd take the cheetah glyph if it wasn't for the swimming speed/orka glyphs xD. And I enjoy being a mount to others too.. Only problem I have with the stag is that I don't really feel like they fit a druid. Never have I really read about druids shapeshifting into stags :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Erm, you ever heard of Malorne? Father to Cenarius? Shan'do to Malfurion, the "father" of druids, who has giant horns out of his head.

I like Chameleon, Stag and Aquatic Speed, kinda want Orca too, but finished questing Vashj'ir, so won't use it too much.
    Last edited by Rixis; 2012-09-01 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    I'd take the cheetah glyph if it wasn't for the swimming speed/orka glyphs xD. And I enjoy being a mount to others too.. Only problem I have with the stag is that I don't really feel like they fit a druid. Never have I really read about druids shapeshifting into stags :/
    Isn't there an order of druids called the Druids of the Antler or something?
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Stags have a much deeper connection to druids in the lore than cheetahs.

10+ Year Old Account
    To me, the cheetah glyph is a must, I don't like the stag at all...
    Cheetah has much better animations, and to me the cheetah is an iconic druid form that i'd like to keep. Even if stags have been in the lore for ages and whatnot, don't care. Cheetah is the best

Also when I tried out the stag, I couldn't help myself to keep on saying "hurr durr" when I was running around lol...
    Last edited by Azutael; 2012-09-03 at 01:30 PM.

nyan cat running is th best

The stag doesn't feel "druidy" at least for us Tauren/troll druids. Stags always felt a LOT closer to nightelves. Depending on my glyph options I'm probably going to end up with cheetah form. It feels "right", it feels fast compared to the stag which doesn't seem as agile as a cheetah. I wish they just updated the skin though. The running animation certainly is nice!

can see it allready

NE: stag
    Worgen: Hyena
    Troll: Emu
    Tauren: Wilderbeast

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    The stag doesn't feel "druidy" at least for us Tauren/troll druids. Stags always felt a LOT closer to nightelves. Depending on my glyph options I'm probably going to end up with cheetah form. It feels "right", it feels fast compared to the stag which doesn't seem as agile as a cheetah. I wish they just updated the skin though. The running animation certainly is nice!
    Cheetas aren't really druidy. They were a placeholder and have never been a part of lore, while stags are closer to druid lore for tauren and trolls than cheetas are, even if they are closer to nelf lore than to tauren/troll lore.

Cheetas can run fast for short bursts and are fragile, the only big cat that can't roar, and get overpowered by almost every other predator in their environment, including scavenging hyenas which steal their kills (which, to the cheeta's credit, do gang up on him, but still, srsly). Giant horned, hooved stags that can break the skulls of their enemies with a swift kick to the face are impressive. A cheeta would never attempt to take on an adult stag, unless it was stupid, and then natural selection would fix that problem. Not that uh stags and cheetas would ever meet.

I know, I know, fantasy game is not real life, but I still like stags way more. Even with a model revamp, I'd be a stag.
    Last edited by Pascal; 2012-09-03 at 09:43 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because there is always one person who has to bring this up when it comes to druid forms.. Stag? Glyph of the Stag? So my female tauren druid suddenly turns into a male deer/moose/elk/whateverthefuck?

15+ Year Old Account
    I would've preferred a buffalo instead of the stag, but that's just me. There's probably some that would find that travel form lame.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Love the stag, dislike the cheetah. Honestly though I'd love to see travel forms that represent the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Synaxis View Post
    Because there is always one person who has to bring this up when it comes to druid forms.. Stag? Glyph of the Stag? So my female tauren druid suddenly turns into a male deer/moose/elk/whateverthefuck?
    Druid androgyny is the reason for the character's name. Females used to use male voices when emoting in animal forms way way long ago. We used to also go from the 'Matron' to the 'Patron' in Tree of Life form during WotLK, although unfortunately shadow priests had the same bug.

Being able to be a male deer and have it not be a bug just makes my name all the better.

I think the whole point of Glyph of the Cheetah is to allow players who preferred the old model to use it, similar to the Tree Form glyph. To replace it with a new model would somewhat ruin that.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Cheetah

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Cheetas aren't really druidy. They were a placeholder and have never been a part of lore, while stags are closer to druid lore for tauren and trolls than cheetas are, even if they are closer to nelf lore than to tauren/troll lore.

Cheetas can run fast for short bursts and are fragile, the only big cat that can't roar, and get overpowered by almost every other predator in their environment, including scavenging hyenas which steal their kills (which, to the cheeta's credit, do gang up on him, but still, srsly). Giant horned, hooved stags that can break the skulls of their enemies with a swift kick to the face are impressive. A cheeta would never attempt to take on an adult stag, unless it was stupid, and then natural selection would fix that problem. Not that uh stags and cheetas would ever meet.

I know, I know, fantasy game is not real life, but I still like stags way more. Even with a model revamp, I'd be a stag.
    u also need to remember, there is on average 16-30 hyenas to a pack.. ( not including there young)-which usually average out to bout 10-20 pups per pack.. soo not much of a chance there.. and cheetah's arn't meant for ( quote on quote POWER- there built for PURE SPEED-aerodynamics and agility..they depend on there (UNMATCHABLE LAND CREATURE SPEED) there is not a creature that walks the planet that is faster then a cheetah.. average cheetah can run 75MPH..others-that are young and strong n very healthy can run faster! also u need to remember that the whole point to a ( TRAVEL FORM IS SPEED-NOT SAFETY N SECURITY!) its meant to get u some where as fast as possible.. and as for the stag its self.. i think it COMPLETELY DESTROYS the concept of a travel form.. where is it known that stags are for SPEED and running.. i like the fact that we can now use our travel form for as a mount to others..but i do not agree with the stag at all wat soo ever..rather its in the lore or not.. the stag is not meant for speed..or ( quote on quote fast means of transportion..) if they wanted to follow lore.. they shulda made the travel form a creature that is known for its speed and agility.. not a stag... or revamp the cheetah.. with armor on its back n sum neat stuff like tattoos or sumting or necklace .. i duno..but the stag is a very poor choice.. I REFUSE to b running around as a stag.. for my travel form.. i think its rediculous and retarded..and ruins druids and the concept of travel form
    Last edited by chroniclord420; 2012-09-04 at 04:44 AM.