Which Classes Playstyle is Most like "Achilies"

Hi guys, which class in GW2 plays out most like Achillies. Melee type, very fast oriented. Dual weilding and viable in pvp. I know achillies used a Spear and shield alot but I dont think I would like the Tanky guardian.

Does anybody have any ideas? Maybe a warrior with Sword and shield?

I am not sure what abilities come with which weapons, if somebody could tell me before i spend time leveling up and learning a character.

Which class should I go for that most resembles an Achillies type character?

Thx in advance for advice!!

Quote Originally Posted by BrbWiFeNaKeD View Post
    Hi guys, which class in GW2 plays out most like Achillies. Melee type, very fast oriented. Dual weilding and viable in pvp. I know achillies used a Spear and shield alot but I dont think I would like the Tanky guardian.

Does anybody have any ideas? Maybe a warrior with Sword and shield?

I am not sure what abilities come with which weapons, if somebody could tell me before i spend time leveling up and learning a character.

Which class should I go for that most resembles an Achillies type character?

Thx in advance for advice!!
    Warrior with sword and shield is most like Achillies as portrayed in the movie Troy staring Brad Pitt.

Warrior abilities with a Sword and Shield, you can play around with something like that to sort of get a taste of the abilities, but actually...

The better way to test one out, before you level all the way up to whatever and realize you hate it, is finish the tutorial area (get to level 2), push "H" to open your hero tab, click the swords at the bottom labeled "PvP" and then the button "Go to Heart of the Mists".

Try out all the weapons (they're free) see if you like the profession's feel on some target dummies (moving, not, whatever), and if you like it great. If you don't, it lets you grab another one to see if that's what you like or not.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    if you want to feel fast id reccomend rolling human regardless of your profession choice

norn feel so slow lol
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2012-08-31 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared View Post
    Warrior with sword and shield is most like Achillies as portrayed in the movie Troy staring Brad Pitt.
    But in PVP is the sword and shield able to actually compete? I am really good at wow pvp and trying to get into gw2. I dont want to gimp myself with a shield if it really doesnt do well.

Are the talents actually good with sword and shield?

Is the thief just like a rogue?

But in PVP is the sword and shield able to actually compete? I am really good at wow pvp and trying to get into gw2. I dont want to gimp myself with a shield if it really doesnt do well.

http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/war...0|0|0|0|0|0|0| Skill calculator
    Test around with the traits to see if you can find things that draw your interest. Again, best way to get a feel for the weapon is the PvP lobby where you have full access to skills/equip to play around with.

And no, Thief is not just like a Rogue. They play quite differently
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Is there a class that sulks and refuses to participate for most of the battle and then shows up after his lover dies? If so that's the one you should pick.

10+ Year Old Account

Judging by your responses you dont seem to have too much knowledge about the game...I'd recommend playing it a while to learn little things like weapon swapping, what shield abilities they actually have...how the combat works etc...not trying to be rude I'd just recommened researching or playing the game as a whole a lot more before making these kinds of decisions / questions

Honestly, the 'fastest playing' class I've seen is Elementalist Daggers.

But you are really squishy...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Honestly, the 'fastest playing' class I've seen is Elementalist Daggers.

But you are really squishy...
    And completely unlike Achilles.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    And completely unlike Achilles.
    Op asked for
    Melee type, very fast oriented. Dual weilding and viable in pvp.
    I explained that meets the first three requirements but not the fourth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Op asked for

I explained that meets the first three requirements but not the fourth.
    I wasn't attacking you, and from what I've seen (in the beta) dual dagger Elementalists are wicked fun.
    It's just that the OP seems to have a rather specific view of how he wants his character to be, and that is like the classical Greek hero: Achilles.

@OP: As people have said, Warrior is probably your best bet. With some luck, Warrior will gain access to throwing spears in an expansion, and then you're character will be complete. Armor-wise, heavy armor will probably fit best, and the gear I'm seeing from the Human areas seems to draw on Greek/Roman styles a bit.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Is there a class that sulks and refuses to participate for most of the battle and then shows up after his lover dies? If so that's the one you should pick.
    You win my friend ..LOL