Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    Deleted

I bet they will add a new way other than locks to summon in raids.

The game has progressed from that. It's not 'laziness' but it's not vanilla anymore; there is little tolerance for a game require 'grinding' to even summon one player.

It's insignificant in 25mans since it's unlikely they don't have a lock, but in 10man, which are tons now, it is a severe problem.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Summoning stones have been around for ages, and still is. Works kinda the same as a warlock, except the demon summoning thing. Which makes them quite good. And they are never afk, you just need 2 people to go to the stone aswell, instead of 3 (Including the warlock).
    "If you are going to do something, including being an alcoholic, don't half-ass it. /Cheers." - Vezrah, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post
    It's insignificant in 25mans since it's unlikely they don't have a lock
    We didn't have a lock for 3 months+ .

P.S. Summoning Stones.

Deleted
    OMG. You mean people will actually have to get off there lazy ass's out of the city and travel to the instance / raid ?
    /dies of shock

you realize the whole reason for them removing HGWT is to make people actually travel. Sure locks will be able to summon, there will still be summoning stones but they need more than one person to use. Personally I think they should remove summoning stone's and increase warlock summons to once every 30 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    OMG. You mean people will actually have to get off there lazy ass's out of the city and travel to the instance / raid ?
    /dies of shock

you realize the whole reason for them removing HGWT is to make people actually travel. Sure locks will be able to summon, there will still be summoning stones but they need more than one person to use. Personally I think they should remove summoning stone's and increase warlock summons to once every 30 mins.
    What will that add to the game?

It's a game and I want to spend my time (within reason) enjoying it's activities. I don't want punitive time sinks that punish 9 others when one person is late and stuff like that. I guess theres always extreme views though.

Deleted
    I'm playing the game since late vanilla so the sarcastic comments about ignorance about stones are not doing anything.

And this isn't about laziness; the game has progressed from vanilla and few have the tolerance to "grind" all the time.

Balance is needed; have beginners walk a little but at max level it's excessive to require trivial - and easy - grinds.

I'm playing the game since late vanilla so the sarcastic comments about ignorance about stones are not doing anything.

And this isn't about laziness; the game has progressed from vanilla and few have the tolerance to "grind" all the time.

Balance is needed; have beginners walk a little but at max level it's excessive to require trivial - and easy - grinds.
    You're complaining that 10 mans won't have a Warlock to summon people to raids, summoning stones do the same job, this entire thread is pointless.

It takes like 5 minutes to get to any raid instance.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    You're complaining that 10 mans won't have a Warlock to summon people to raids, summoning stones do the same job, this entire thread is pointless.
    I guess you know of a teleporting spell between Zon'ozz and DS' summoning stone at the top of the Caverns of Time the rest of us don't know about.

There are summoning stones outside every raid instance. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    /dies of shock

You act like people weren't lazy or didn't rely on summons before HGWT. Hell, I remember people waiting on summons in Classic when it took the warlock and a ton of soul shards to do it... not to mention the piles of people using summoning stones outside of Kara during TBC...

Whether or not that's the stated reason for removing HGWT, it won't be the effect.

I guess you know of a teleporting spell between Zon'ozz and DS' summoning stone at the top of the Caverns of Time the rest of us don't know about.
    Mage Portal to Dalaran + Portal to Caverns of Time in Dalaran

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Mage Portal to Dalaran + Portal to Caverns of Time in Dalaran
    Oh ye that's so fun.

The game has progressed from that. It's not 'laziness' but it's not vanilla anymore; there is little tolerance for a game require 'grinding' to even summon one player.

It's insignificant in 25mans since it's unlikely they don't have a lock, but in 10man, which are tons now, it is a severe problem.
    Its called a mount.

And yes its laziness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    And yes its laziness.
    Do you play a job or a game?
    Last edited by mmoc4d6ae87215; 2012-09-03 at 08:24 PM.

Oh ye that's so fun.
    What does fun have to do with effectiveness :<.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    What does fun have to do with effectiveness :<.
    Again, do you play a job or a game?

Do you play a job or a game?
    Taking 2 minutes to fly to a raid zone = a job now. I really hope this community isn't representative of our entire's society's mindset, or we're not out of financial troubles. Le Sigh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Taking 2 minutes to fly to a raid zone = a job now. I really hope this community isn't representative of our entire's society's mindset, or we're not out of financial troubles. Le Sigh.
    It's not fun. I don't know about you but I want to raid, not to click trivial things for several minutes.

It's not even challenging. It's an extremely easy grind and not 'pro' at all. So elitism is out.

I travelled manually to enough raids an hour early to make food and water for 40 people that I will wait and let 2 other people get to the summoning stone first instead. I raid because it's fun. I don't travel because it's not fun.