Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    well they have a lot of things they could do

they could do what they've been doing, split the content among tiers to try to appeal to everyone, making everyone angry

or try to only appeal to one tier of difficulty, thus making everyone not in that tier angry

haters
    gonna
    hate

and blizzard's main concern is making sure they keep paying subscription money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trolling, Flaming, making ordinary peoples live hell is basically the 'in' thing to do now ( On the internet at-least), mainly from the ages of 13-17? not quite sure i would hope adults aren't doing this kind of stuff. But today's generation is basically "now now I want it now", The community might not get worse but it sure as hell won't be getting any better. That's for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Fraza View Post
    With pandas? I really doubt that.
    If people like ^ leave, then the community will get better.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

10+ Year Old Account
    On the forums, maybe.

People I actually play in game with are fine, but maybe I just tend to keep good company. Of course, I try to ignore chat in LFR, and it's far easier to facilitate a good attitude in 5 mans.

In almost eight years of playing wow, Ive met one player that made me use the ignore list. Of course I never read chat boxes so that may be why. As far as the player base getting better at gaming? Doubtful, most gamers are average at best and its been that way long before wow came around.

Really OP, saying the community is oh-so-bad ATM, then turning around and calling LFR "Looking for retard" (That joke is SO not old by now!), it seems quite likely that you're part of the problem...

Back to the point: community means people (And people are the weak link in any system :P ), but it's worse, they're anonymous people! Because of this the WoW-community was always a cynical cesspool of people looking after themselves most of all, you just see more different random people now with LFD and LFR, with all their seperate (And sometimes repugnant) personality traits, rejoice in sampling the smorgasbord of different types of vileness that humanity has to offer! ^_^

I don't see how it's Blizzard fault if the community stops talking to each other like civilized human being.

10+ Year Old Account
    Much worse, prepare yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    But once you get to Spine & Madness you feel like everyone is running around like a headless chicken, LFR on Beta is much better for sure there hardly any idiots on there everyone listens & actually des what there suppose to do, there some wipes but minimal on LFR. its was so shocking to me.
    A problem with LFR on live is that people (in hackneyed PvP gear, dungeon blues, all that jazz) were immediately able to hop into LFR when patch 4.3 dropped. In MoP however, players will actually have to gear INTO LFR difficulty from the start. Players will also be unable to "just ignore" mechanics to the degree that they can now, as healers and tanks will not be rolling in in last tier's BiS raid gear from day one.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    as far i seen, the community is just as bad as it was in BC, sure it got a bit more obvious after LFD was introduced.

but i never noticed a significant increase in douchebags before and after it. when MoP comes out i expect the coomunity to be the same as it is now and was in wrath/BC.
    filled with douchebags but if you give it some time you can find more then enough decent too very nice people among them.

15+ Year Old Account
    It will get worse, much worse. The easier a game is, the more soiled brats it appeals to and we all know those aren't known for having a good attitude.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    Been playing WoW since the start of BC and I have noticed a disturbing trend among WoW players. Seems like every expansion the player base seems to get worse and worse and worse. The ultimate display of this is when you join a LFR (Looking for Retard), it just seems like there is almost no hope anymore for the player base.
    I actually decided to try form a group the other day for an heroic and low and behold managed to form a whole group (with no guildies) by just asking in trade. My point is the LFR tool is something you can use if you so wish and if you dont want to there are other ways of forming groups for content.
    I really dont understand why people like yourself complain about the community being worse now when back in the 'old' days the community was not a lot different imo, u just didnt come across as many of the bad players as you do now because of the quick and easy tools.

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    You think things will change in MoP and bring back some of the older WoW veterans to improve this game or will there be more and more of the same thing we saw in Cata dungeons and LFR?
    Out of the 25 players I raided with during TBC (we were 1st and 2nd ranked on the realm during this period - I think this could count as veterans) I still know of 17 (13 on same realm, 4 on others)that play, and yes I did count them in the interest of this reply so I really dont see why your so called 'veteran' players would do coming back into the game even tho not everyone left.

Wow had moved with the times nothing more nothing less. As with life things are going much quicker these days as to how they went 10 years ago, life is moving quicker and we have less time for the things we had time for before, this imo is no different in wow, the game is moving in a direction that the general population is moving in and as a result people and the community will change. This is no different in life or other games so why do people keep wanting to make this an issue specific to this game I do not know.
    Keeping everyone happy is impossible.

They could play Gnome and think pandaren is childish?

Third comment. No hope is left.