10+ Year Old Account

Feral/Guardian ability macros, dim icons

When i make macros for druid abilities that have their own cat and bear version, i.e. Mangle, or Swipe, or Thrash, the macro icon is always dim (as if i can't use the ability) as opposed to lit like a normal useable ability

how can i convert a simple macro like the following to actually show its icons properly lit in bear form?
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod] Swipe; Thrash

I'm not sure that there is any way to fix this issue, but if anyone has a solution I am interested as well.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

10+ Year Old Account
    it used to be abilities like Mangle had a cat version and a bear version in the spell book so you could macro /cast Mangle(Bear Form) or /cast Mangle(Cat Form) but now the spell book has only one version of each ability.

If you put the raw ability onto your action bar the icon automatically accords with your stance; but when you put the ability into a macro and bind the macro to your action bar the icon does not seem recognize your stance (even though the tooltip does).

on the other hand, abilities like Wild Charge that automatically change their icon depending on your stance work just fine. If Mangle/Swipe/Thrash could work like Wild Charge it would fix the problem as well.

I believe its indeed an issue on blizzard's end and waiting for them to get around to properly coding it. I seem to recall similar macros in the past like chakra, trap launcher, lifebloom etc that didnt work properly for quite a while; at least it's only a tooltip issue.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator