Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    What? So teams that win use them, but that doesn't mean they're good...ok, so what WOULD mean that they're good in sPvP?
    Games barely been out, according to "top" teams guardians and else are only good support yet the group I stick with uses ranger and thief for support and just pub stomps tournies, top end teams also ignore the special factor of the maps other then the creatures in forest, they also don't use engies very often because "engies are bad at pvp" the top teams ATM are just a bunch of idiots with easy to use builds that aren't as easily countered as say hundred blades.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    L2 slot a stun breaker in utility.
    I do. Too bad it doesn't work when they knock me down.

10+ Year Old Account
    You literally just made all that up. I've never heard a high-performing team claim that "only" Guardians or Eles are good support, and they sure as hell use Trebs in Khylo. (Most teams - and hell, most pugs - seem to ignore the Lord on Foefire just beacuse it's implemented kinda crappily.) Plenty of great teams run engineers too, so no idea where you pulled that from, either.

I just don't see what world you're living in if you're going to argue that X class doesn't perform in sPvP and then claim that winning teams using that class doesn't mean the class is good, or that the winning teams are just idiots or something. What measure do you want to use other than results? You sound like one of those rabid sports fans that sits there after your favorite team doesn't make the playoffs, and then rants about how the Super Bowl winning team sucks and their players are dumb and their coaches are inept and that your team was clearly so much better but you used a "harder strategy" or something.
    Where did I say X class doesn't perform well in PvP? I said that they all seemed to perform well, what I did say is that using an axe/warhorn for a ranger condition burst build is stupid and it should be axe torch instead since its significantly more viable in that scenario, never once did I say that "X prof is bad and any pro team using it is a fluke" and from eery video/stream I've seen of the "pro teams" not one of them was lacking a support ele/guardian nor did they have an eng, so idk where you're seeing these teams!
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um, if you weren't disagreeing with my post about Elementalists not being useless, then why did you make the post that essentially disagreed with everything in my post? Just needed something to be contrary about?
    Um I was more aiming at don't use "top teams" as a judge for anything (yet at least) because they're using inferior builds for specific roles.... IE: eles are good, BUT not as amazing as top teams seem to think they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Um I was more aiming at don't use "top teams" as a judge for anything (yet at least) because they're using inferior builds for specific roles.... IE: eles are good, BUT not as amazing as top teams seem to think they are.
    What are considered "top teams"? The game has been out for like a week and there is no ranked pvp. How can anyone make the claim they are a top gw2 team?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    I do. Too bad it doesn't work when they knock me down.
    That's why you have stability ready on another utility, or simply dodge the knock down, or even Daze them before they can pull off their knock down.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-09-05 at 04:53 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I hate thieves! I don't mind them power wise, but I think cloaking and finishing is a bit OP. For example, yesterday I was pvping and it was me vs a theif. He got me to a downed state first (he had maybe 1/4 or a bit less health) and I started doing my drain (I'm a necro) now I have the +50% power while downed trait, and I know for 100% fact I would have killed him and rallied before he could finish me (I have a fear spell too while downed) and just before I was about to kill him and rally, he cloaks, I am unable to target him, and he finishes me while cloaked. That to me is a little OP. I don't mind the quickness or normal cloaking because I have a ton of AoE, but being able to cloak near death run up and finish a downed player without them having a chance to even rally or see them is a bit retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starry101 View Post
    What are considered "top teams"? The game has been out for like a week and there is no ranked pvp. How can anyone make the claim they are a top gw2 team?
    Exactly my point, why do you think I've been putting "top teams" in quotes the whole time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HyDraLiNsK View Post
    I know for 100% fact I would have killed him and rallied before he could finish me
    To quote/paraphrase Captain Jack Sparrow: that doesn't give me much incentive to fight fair now, does it?

All professions have their little quirks and tricks that make them feel "OP" to other players, when played exceptionally well.

If I were him, I would've just gone out of range of your spells, waited for you to try to self-heal, and hit you with a Pistol #4 each time you tried.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    To quote/paraphrase Captain Jack Sparrow: that doesn't give me much incentive to fight fair now, does it?

All professions have their little quirks and tricks that make them feel "OP" to other players, when played exceptionally well.

If I were him, I would've just gone out of range of your spells, waited for you to try to self-heal, and hit you with a Pistol #4 each time you tried.
    Very true sir, and I agree. What I'm saying though, is cloaking isn't bad, but if you are cloaked and try to finish, you should appear for the finishing charge/animation so at least other classes have that split second to counter or have a small fraction of a fighting chance. (most times in PvP if you're downed you're dead anyways, but this was a 1v1 case that if he would have appeared before finishing I could've rallied or at least defended myself)

10+ Year Old Account
    If he's cloaked and trying to finish, you know exactly where he is. I guess you can't really target where he's standing if you're downed, though. Considering how short-lived stealth is, I'd say what happened is he just outplayed you, and was smart enough to know when to use his stealth.

Every single stealthing animation is obvious enough that you should have been able to fear him during the animation, and prevent it, had you saved the fear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HyDraLiNsK View Post
    Very true sir, and I agree. What I'm saying though, is cloaking isn't bad, but if you are cloaked and try to finish, you should appear for the finishing charge/animation so at least other classes have that split second to counter or have a small fraction of a fighting chance. (most times in PvP if you're downed you're dead anyways, but this was a 1v1 case that if he would have appeared before finishing I could've rallied or at least defended myself)
    I can not even count how many times I kill thieves 1v1 who try such a fail trick as that... They stand right infront of me and think I'm not gonna shoot then with my daze? Yeah right!! Not to mention the second that stealth drops my wolf Is gonna jump on them and completely wreck their face (oh quickness is a bitch), and once they get downed I win, because rangers = best downed prof especially if they're beast masters!!

PS: If you think stealth finishers are OP you haven't seen quickness finishers, I can drop that flag in half the time and get done with the animation so fast the flag doesn't hit you for 2 seconds after I leave!!

Quote Originally Posted by PropayneLOL View Post
    Hi, atm I am playing a ranger and most of it feels pretty well balanced, (except spirits) but I just hate seeing all these theives, warriors, mesmers, guardians with these all mighty powerful builds and then me trying to fight the mass burst or mass control. Now I know i have zephering or what ever it's called but really it just doesn't cut it in comparison.

I really do enjoy playing ranger for most pve part but man if I'm not hiding behind a wall of people or an actual wall (WvW) it gets ugly pretty fast. Sure I'm probably not playing like the best ranger in the game but either we need to be toned up or they need to be toned down.

Just wondering how long people think it will take Anet to bring the professions back into line?
    And also any tips on WvW, PvP, for ranger would be nice. I like mostly power builds. Atm using longbow/shortbow crit/zeph swapping in WvW mainly
    Lvl - 80 ranger

may have to roll a thief >.>
    Ranger complaining about balance in WvW... >.> So it begins!

Quote Originally Posted by Eggoman View Post
    Ranger complaining about balance in WvW... >.> So it begins!
    pretty sure he is talking about SPVP not WvW

Trust me... Pets don't need tuning, if they buff my pet anymore I'm going to be unstoppable.... When my pet can drop a tank guardian from full to half in the short amount of time it takes them to get me from downed ---> dead pre "tuning" god help you all afterwards...

---------- Post added 2012-09-05 at 08:55 AM ----------

The top teams also think ranger condition burst uses an axe an warhorn, idk why the "top teams" running an ele means they're super good...
    warhorn is better as burst condition build for the simple fact of Call of the Wild which gives might for 15 seconds which provides condition damage and 15 seconds of Fury which is 20% crit and if your talented right and take the wep enchant that gives 60% on crit to cause bleeds with Cotw popped i have 100% crit chance and all my shots bleed and stack fast not to mention if your fighting vs ranged then bonfire is useless
    Last edited by Skandulous; 2012-09-05 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    not to mention if your fighting ranged then bonfire is useless
    Umm no, Bonfire will give you a burning condition field. It is not useless if you are ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Starry101 View Post
    Umm no, Bonfire will give you a burning condition field. It is not useless if you are ranged.
    but its useless vs ranged like i said its good for melle yea but call of the wild is way better

10+ Year Old Account
    pretty sure he is talking about SPVP not WvW

warhorn is better as burst condition build for the simple fact of Call of the Wild which gives might for 15 seconds which provides condition damage and 15 seconds of Fury which is 20% crit and if your talented right and take the wep enchant that gives 60% on crit to cause bleeds with Cotw popped i have 100% crit chance and all my shots bleed and stack fast not to mention if your fighting vs ranged then bonfire is useless
    OH NO!! don't stack one condition that would get removed instantly should i be smart enough to carry a condition removal!! WHAT EVER WILLL I DO!! Oh yeah, just hit 1 ability and laugh as your entire burst is useless because you no longer have a single bleed on me... OR i could use bonfire for the fire field, or you know, just be smart and use throw torch because that puts up 6 seconds of burning... and if the bleeds mean that much to you just bring a devourer, they can stack conditions up a hell of a lot faster then you can, and can do it more regularly...

Oh yeah, one stack of might gives you a whopping 35 condition damage at lv 80, that's a wopping 1.75 additional condition damage!! WOAH! WATCH OUT FOR THIS GUY!! He can do an additional 2 damage per second!! SHIT DAWG!! Or, i can be more intelligent, bring a cat, who crits every other hit without a stupid buff, applies a bleed on each of those crits, and you can get a cat that roars and gives you and that same kitty cat 5 stacks of might, and if you build like i do (no i'm not sharing it, idk people like you running around with my builds and getting people familiar with them) your kitty gets 10 stacks of might, now THAT is something to be afraid of!!

So please... enlighten me... Why should i use a stupid warhorn so i can stack 1 condition?

OH NO!! don't stack one condition that would get removed instantly should i be smart enough to carry a condition removal!! WHAT EVER WILLL I DO!! Oh yeah, just hit 1 ability and laugh as your entire burst is useless because you no longer have a single bleed on me... OR i could use bonfire for the fire field, or you know, just be smart and use throw torch because that puts up 6 seconds of burning... and if the bleeds mean that much to you just bring a devourer, they can stack conditions up a hell of a lot faster then you can, and can do it more regularly...

Oh yeah, one stack of might gives you a whopping 35 condition damage at lv 80, that's a wopping 1.75 additional condition damage!! WOAH! WATCH OUT FOR THIS GUY!! He can do an additional 2 damage per second!! SHIT DAWG!! Or, i can be more intelligent, bring a cat, who crits every other hit without a stupid buff, applies a bleed on each of those crits, and you can get a cat that roars and gives you and that same kitty cat 5 stacks of might, and if you build like i do (no i'm not sharing it, idk people like you running around with my builds and getting people familiar with them) your kitty gets 10 stacks of might, now THAT is something to be afraid of!!

So please... enlighten me... Why should i use a stupid warhorn so i can stack 1 condition?
    During the beta the bleed/crit build worked well. As the game is progressing, people are setting up much better and this build falls apart quickly. I've been thinking the same thing as you and maybe taking a cat and beefing the crap out of it and myself. Maybe thats what I'll try tonight after work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuckerpooks View Post
    During the beta the bleed/crit build worked well. As the game is progressing, people are setting up much better and this build falls apart quickly. I've been thinking the same thing as you and maybe taking a cat and beefing the crap out of it and myself. Maybe thats what I'll try tonight after work.
    i prefer devourer because they also have a 10% chance per auto attack bolt (shoot 2 per attack) to poison, they avoid front lines, and they can be traited to apply bleeds, and their F2 fucks over anyones day lol. Cats are good for raw KILL IT!! damage.

and yeah the bleed/crit build only worked in the first place because people were 9/10 times to stupid to remove conditions, i know everytime i encountered one of those builds they just got crushed cause i actually removed their bleed and just was trying to figure out what exactly they were trying to do to me.

but its useless vs ranged like i said its good for melle yea but call of the wild is way better
    I don't think you understand how a combo field works...
    Last edited by Starry101; 2012-09-06 at 06:30 AM.