Page 1 of 2
LastLast

PvP trinkets need a change

so with the advent of PvP power, pvp trinkets have become more attractive to use.

We've all seen the complete imbalance for the last few years with humans dominating pvp ladders because of the ability to use two damage trinkets I think now there needs to be a change.

So what I propose is this: remove all the primary stats from the damage trinkets and create 3 different pvp trinkets (the one that removes cc) with double the item budget of str/agi/int on them.

That way it's a no brainer to use a pvp trinket and you can choose between proc or on use and it will be an overall loss to use both the proc and on use trinkets.

also: spriest fears need to break on less than 30k damage, thanks

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that the PvP trinket needs a change (like many relics that still remain from the vanilla days). But I think like you pointed out; Human racial + PvP trinket results in mostly humans dominating the ladders. So in order to balance it, change the human racial to be more or less like the undead one (at the very least).

Quote Originally Posted by Squaddles View Post
    I agree that the PvP trinket needs a change (like many relics that still remain from the vanilla days). But I think like you pointed out; Human racial + PvP trinket results in mostly humans dominating the ladders. So in order to balance it, change the human racial to be more or less like the undead one (at the very least).

yeah that would be the smart option, but seeing as blizz have not expressed any intentions on changing emfh, im proposing a different idea they could possibly consider.

All they need to do is make EMFH baseline for all races, perhaps remove other racials in lue of so that certain classes don't double dip (undead). It works very well in SWTOR as everyone has the same ability.

Who knows if they will ever do that, but that would be the smartest thing to do IMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    All they need to do is make EMFH baseline for all races, perhaps remove other racials in lue of so that certain classes don't double dip (undead). It works very well in SWTOR as everyone has the same ability.

Who knows if they will ever do that, but that would be the smartest thing to do IMO
    Rift has the same feature. Break Free is a baseline ability given to every race and class, and it functions identically to a PVP trinket.

It wouldn't be a -terrible- idea, but I wouldn't want other racials removed because of it. I would actually be really happy if every race had an active offensive and an active defensive spell with a shared cooldown.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post

seeing that scaling has been a problem every expansion, any thing that removes more stats from the equation is agood thing, so emfh for everyone won't be the "balance" best answer. there will be a new cunning, solace, dbw ect. even with out int or in this case pvp power cunning is far and wide the best caster dps trinket still.

The human racial will not be nearly as dominant this season. The medallions have 1000 of another stat on them (such as mastery). It's never been the human racial as much as it has been the stupid pve trinkets, which will not be a problem. Look at the gnome racial- extra mana, extra release from snares and for casters...using a dagger let's you gem 1% less hit. The edge human will have in damage is very slight.

Quote Originally Posted by cpa View Post
    The human racial will not be nearly as dominant this season. The medallions have 1000 of another stat on them (such as mastery). It's never been the human racial as much as it has been the stupid pve trinkets, which will not be a problem. Look at the gnome racial- extra mana, extra release from snares and for casters...using a dagger let's you gem 1% less hit. The edge human will have in damage is very slight.

yeah but at the same time the other trinkets all have 1000 of each BASE stat which is far more valuable.

Human racial wasnt just about pve trinkets, using double dps trinkets was a huge advantage as well since it was a 1.4k stat boost compared to nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO, much easier to remove the Human racial and give it to everyone at a low level (see SWTOR and how they gave EMFH to all classes around level 15/50).

I believe the Human racial presents a problem for PvP balance, but I think fixing the root cause, the racial, is the best solution for this problem.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

The TOR break was interesting, but it was also silly for it to be a different ability for each class. Some classes could actually talent the break to be better, which was nice.

---------- Post added 2012-09-06 at 01:32 AM ----------

By the way- this is not a bad time to baseline the ability, if that's ever going to happen. At this point, the pvp trinket field is finally better than the pve trinkets in pvp, so maybe itemizing a couple more pvp trinket types and baselining the ability would be nice. But... then what do humans get? Wait, don't answer that, I know that you'll suggest.

EMFH was and now definitely is overrated. With no crazy pve trinkets anymore the comparison comes down to a crappy on proc pvp trinket vs. arcane torrent/ WOTF/ warstomp/ shadowmeld/ etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcsecant View Post
    EMFH was and now definitely is overrated. With no crazy pve trinkets anymore the comparison comes down to a crappy on proc pvp trinket vs. arcane torrent/ WOTF/ warstomp/ shadowmeld/ etc.
    how is a 1.4k proc of agi/str/sp "crappy"

Quote Originally Posted by Arcsecant View Post
    just wait, blizz will always make crazy op trinkets, the first big one of mop will most likely be some over the top regen trinket.

Deleted
    everytime pvp trinkets get buffed, human racial looses a bit of value right? because other races must have them, and not crazy procc pve trinkets like humans.
    so why not buffing pvp trinkets even more... ^^ don´t understand the problem here with them

Deleted
    Well, I play human and I agree that the racial is over the top. The thing is, there are some other very attractive racials for Alliance PVP, but EMFH overshadows them.

I'd just remove it and add some other cool on use racial.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxs View Post
    everytime pvp trinkets get buffed, human racial looses a bit of value right? because other races must have them, and not crazy procc pve trinkets like humans.
    so why not buffing pvp trinkets even more... ^^ don´t understand the problem here with them
    not sure if serious... the whole thread is about buffing the pvp trinket.

no ones forcing you to play human. just saying.

and EMFH isn't the difference between 50 rating. it really isn't as good as people think. yes, the procs are nice, but tbh the other racials for alliance are good if you use them right.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    no ones forcing you to play human. just saying.

and EMFH isn't the difference between 50 rating. it really isn't as good as people think. yes, the procs are nice, but tbh the other racials for alliance are good if you use them right.
    sure, so tell me why majority of people playing arena are humans.

Oh wait because they are just better because of the free trinket slot.

Say what you want about other racials being "almost as good" but almost isn't good enough. Nobody is forcing me go human but if I want to play on par with a human I have to be better than them. It's not good game design, I want to be able to play whatever race I want without feeling inferior in the part of the game I enjoy most.

Most people are human because most people want the 1% damage increase. That's what MMOs are. Getting the best from your character.

And you can play any race you want without feeling inferior. Shadowmeld is godly for healers, as is the 2% miss. The gnome racial gives mana to go over the new mana cap and also has a free snare breaker. Draenei have a offheal which is great for not only healers but for passive comps, like shadowplay. The worgen sprint is great for landing things like a AOE fear, kiting away from melee, getting out of a bad position that you put yourself into. The dwarf racial is amazing against not only ferals and rogues, but everyone as it provides a 10% damage reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Most people are human because most people want the 1% damage increase. That's what MMOs are. Getting the best from your character.

And you can play any race you want without feeling inferior. Shadowmeld is godly for healers, as is the 2% miss. The gnome racial gives mana to go over the new mana cap and also has a free snare breaker. Draenei have a offheal which is great for not only healers but for passive comps, like shadowplay. The worgen sprint is great for landing things like a AOE fear, kiting away from melee, getting out of a bad position that you put yourself into. The dwarf racial is amazing against not only ferals and rogues, but everyone as it provides a 10% damage reduction.
    im well aware of all the other racials thank you, but it still doesn't change the fact the human racial is better and not by a small margin.

it's not all about damage you know, healers can wear a battlemaster and a spellpower trinket or a mana regeneration one like we've seen throughout cataclysm.

Healers who had tsunami, shard of woe etc were much more mana efficient than those who didn't have them.