Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    4 times now npcscan has gone off when im on a flight path. Ive quickly flown straight back always within 1-2mins and never been able to find the rares again or even a corpse.

On 1 occasion in stormpeaks both the blue dragon and the gnome were up and spawned very close together, couldnt find either of em again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    i can sum this up for ya.. how many servers are available to the beta? yah.. they needed to test the system with what is available.. kinda hard to test a cross server concept like this without other servers. dont worry tho.. on live cross-server is grouped ie : Normal servers are crossed with other Normal servers (no PvP ones allowed) and Pvp servers are crossed with other PvP servers.

the sometimes falling to your death bug, got fixed. sorry you didnt stick around long enough to see another build come out with the fix included. Blizzard has not "ignored you" with bugs regarding the beta.
    I have been there EVERY DAMN DAY since I got my beta invite um... in May?... and I've been around long enough to be max exalted with ever damn Pandaria rep on SIX characters, can you say that?... so before you claim I 'didn't stick around long enough'... lets know what the HELL you are talking about miss.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    I and I've been around long enough to be max exalted with ever damn Pandaria rep on SIX characters, can you say that?...
    Well - there is indeed proof you don't understand the concept of beta.

So I bumped into another hunter from a different realm camping time lost and this immediately made me think about rares being alot harder to get now.

I immediately started to scour northrend for a rare to do a test on. I eventually found syriean in grizzly hills and whispered the hunter in storm peaks to fly over and see if she was visible. He made his way over and saw syriean as well but couldnt see me.
    I killed syriean but she didnt die on his server!

Thing that still concerns me is what happens when we are both visible in a zone with a rare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    I eventually found syriean in grizzly hills and whispered the hunter in storm peaks to fly over and see if she was visible. He made his way over and saw syriean as well but couldnt see me.
    I find this very interesting.

ALSO. When the GM said; "that Aeonaxx was playing GW2, but would probably be back soon" I might have lol'd really loud. My roommate (who was playing GW2 at the time) asked what happened. I told him, good times were had by all
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    So I bumped into another hunter from a different realm camping time lost and this immediately made me think about rares being alot harder to get now.

I immediately started to scour northrend for a rare to do a test on. I eventually found syriean in grizzly hills and whispered the hunter in storm peaks to fly over and see if she was visible. He made his way over and saw syriean as well but couldnt see me.

Thing that still concerns me is what happens when we are both visible in a zone with a rare.
    I suspect that there's a lot more that we don't know about how cross-realm zones work than we do. Just something to keep in mind going forward. People are saying a lot of things and it's hard to know how much of it is fact, how much of it is supposition and how much of it is overheated worry that that particular rare that someone has been after for a long time will now be even more difficult to get.

My only issue with cross realm is the 10,000 hunters in Sholozar and storm peaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I will say is we the paying customer should have a way to either Opt in or out of this crossing over...its our money we are paying ...I am in the middle on this issue but I still want a way to Opt out if I chose to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    I have been there EVERY DAMN DAY since I got my beta invite um... in May?... and I've been around long enough to be max exalted with ever damn Pandaria rep on SIX characters, can you say that?... so before you claim I 'didn't stick around long enough'... lets know what the HELL you are talking about miss.
    It most likely wasn't a silent "FU" as you say. Its probably low on the priority list. Game breakers have to be taken care of first. Then they take care of progression stoppers. And then the buggy glitches get handled. And then if everything's stable they fix silly stuff like typos or broken harvest reaper textures! You all know what I mean by that!

And chillax bra. Yelling IN CAPS AND TYPING ANGRILY!!!! is what gets your feedback ignored. By Blizz and normal posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    i can sum this up for ya.. how many servers are available to the beta? yah.. they needed to test the system with what is available.. kinda hard to test a cross server concept like this without other servers. dont worry tho.. on live cross-server is grouped ie : Normal servers are crossed with other Normal servers (no PvP ones allowed) and Pvp servers are crossed with other PvP servers.

the sometimes falling to your death bug, got fixed. sorry you didnt stick around long enough to see another build come out with the fix included. Blizzard has not "ignored you" with bugs regarding the beta.
    Thats what I thought. THen I flew into Ashenvale on Proudmoore and got flagged for PvP(not that 5 minute one, full on flag). No where near a horde base, etc etc. Probably just a bug. I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    All I will say is we the paying customer should have a way to either Opt in or out of this crossing over...its our money we are paying ...I am in the middle on this issue but I still want a way to Opt out if I chose to do so.
    Actually, all your monthly sub pays for is allowing you access to the servers, and maintaining their uptime as much as possible. Both of which are met.

Until Blizzard says specifically how certain elements of it work, all we can do is make assumptions, or take it at face value.

Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    I could see them doing this but it wouldnt work like you want. The servers are temporarily merged whether you choose to see it or not. So what would happen then is you would see things dying and nodes disappearing but you wouldnt see the cross realm guy farming them. It would be like you are phased out but they are still there.