Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Who will lead after Garrosh Hellscream

News from the previous Blizz convention came out that Garrosh Hellscream will be the last boss in the MOP expansion. Anyone have good guesses as to who will be crowned the next leader of the Horde? Blue tracker said that it will be someone who we will not expect, so

Who we expect
    -Thrall will come back
    -Baine, son of Cairne

Who we do not expect
    -Varok Saurfang, I think he might be the next leader because he has more notches on his belt, and leadership, and a level-head than any other person. He may be aging, but that is what the Horde need, someone with experience, and not a hormone-raging steroid freak like Garrosh. Even Alliance have respect for this guy,

-Rexxar, definitely not someone we expect, but hey, you never know.

Eitrigg. Knows compassion to all races and is battle hardened.

Garona Halforcen

Formerly she was an emissary of the Horde during their invasion of Azeroth, she was the reluctant murderer of King Llane Wrynn

wouldn't it be a shock if it was a female leader!

10+ Year Old Account
    mmm good one, he is on the council in Garrosh's throneroom

I would say Saurfang is the most obvious choice as he is an Orc and a fan favourite. In fact, before Garrosh was announced most people suspected he would lead.

Eitrigg has been advisor to both Thrall and Garrosh, has friends all over the place due to his valor. You only have to look at how he pulled Tirion from the collapsing tower after their fight.

Deleted
    The son of Thrall ofc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultramonkey View Post
    Eitrigg. Knows compassion to all races and is battle hardened.
    Not bad, bot bad... Would be nice to have him, more Thrall-like personality
    So why, I ask, it just doesn't make much sense
    That a man of my stature should have to wear a dress
    I mean what, may I inquire, were you thinking on that day
    When you conjured up for a man like me a robe that looks so gay

Deleted
    Why not Vol'jin ?

Quote Originally Posted by zhushma View Post
    News from the previous Blizz convention came out that Garrosh Hellscream will be the last boss in the MOP expansion. Anyone have good guesses as to who will be crowned the next leader of the Horde? Blue tracker said that it will be someone who we will not expect, so

Who we expect
    -Thrall will come back
    -Baine, son of Cairne

Thankfully they have been hinting Thrall will not come back. I can see Baine since he has "ties" to both factions.

Yeah, like Ask, I believe it will NOT be an orc, I feel like, after the event in MoP, orcs won't be trusted at wise leaders anymore, and older races like Tauren and Troll will be lead, hell, I would actualy dare to say they will make a council with no real leader, after how Garrosh treated the faction leaders, like puppets. I don't think any leaders will want something like that to happen again.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is something I have been thinking about for a while and I can honestly say I still don't know who I would want/or shoudl be the new warchief. Do you think someone will step up right away or do you perhaps thing the horde will be left in limbo with no leader for a while?

prolly female just to make everyone happy, and prolly gay too lol, wont that be a politically correct thing to do? maybe even throw in some asian flavor to get those chinese farming...i mean playing again.

metzen.. to you hordie's said:"You'll get your warchief back Horde!".. how did you forgot that horde fans?

I hope so much for Baine. He'd make the most kickass leader. Plus he deserves a super awesome unique model.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    metzen.. to you hordie's said:"You'll get your warchief back Horde!".. how did you forgot that horde fans?
    He said that a while ago.And then Blizzard said later in regards to Thrall returning as Warchief, that the information wasn't entirely accurate and we shouldn't be so sure that we know who the next Warchief will be.

So in my opinion the next Warchief will be...the Spanish Inquisition. Because nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2012-09-06 at 03:56 PM.

good suggestions, however what have they said about the war? is it over by the end of mop?
    somehow I believe the war will go on, so what possible leader would be best storytelling-wise? going with this narrative Varian would probably continue the war since he hates Orcs, but what about the new leader of the horde? would it be one who also wants to continue fighting or someone who is tired of the war, but doesnt want to pussy out? sounds like Varok to me.

I think they will go for the troll.

Bain is to young currently
    The undead and blood elfs don't represent the power of the Horde plus having either citys be the new ''capital'' (and yes they would become the unofficial capital) would leave them wide open for a invasion.

The mistake Thrall made was to think that the Orcs represent the whole Horde which means he ignored every other race.

What the Horde as a whole currently needs is a non Orc leader because Garrosh is a true representation of the Orcs (savage and warlike). The orcs learned nothing from their demonic experience.

I can't wait till the final patch when we get to lay siege on Ogrimmar because the concept alone should generate thousands of good ideas to make it a epic experience.

The only reason why DS wasn't ''epic'' was because of raid finder which is new and people needed to adjust to that (people still aren't adjusted to hardmodes) and the fact that you couldn't directly fight Deathwing (the concept of spine was good) instead you killed his feet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly hope the seat stays vacant for a while. If it gets to the point where there's no one to take the mantle of Warchief (calling now, Thrall will die) we might see a helluvalot more internal conflict in the Horde, the likes we haven't seen since Doomhammer killed Blackhand. We'd have lot of awesome material for future content in our hands (calling now, Sylvannas will go "eviller").

Vol'jin is more like Batman, he has very interesting ways of solving problems (getting alliance to fight Zandalari by sending a boat of trolls to stormwind) but has no intentions of leading the horde/justice league.

Quote Originally Posted by Aloeverah View Post
    Garona Halforcen

Formerly she was an emissary of the Horde during their invasion of Azeroth, she was the reluctant murderer of King Llane Wrynn

wouldn't it be a shock if it was a female leader!
    Females can't lead, stop being so funny :P